“Caring staff members!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Caring staff members!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I would just like to thank Solomon from guest services who made my stay so special by going the extra mile. He's friendly and caring and such an amazing ambassador for this hotel, truly a great person.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Polish first
Maplewood, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed in a room with a King sized bed. There was a comfortable couch in the room. I found the bed comfortable and the room was quiet. The bathroom was the only negative about the room. It was aesthetically pleasing but not very functional. There was only a shower and the bathroom was poorly lit. Oddly there was no where to hang your towel and no hook to hang your clothes. The counter also was cluttered with random stuff. There is a gym with top of the line exercise equipment.It is really nice and they keep it nicely cooled. The pool and whirlpool were outdoors and were not open during our visit. There is shuttle service to the airport and the metro. You can walk to the metro from the hotel but the nearest stop is quite a walk. There are plenty of restaurant choices nearby so finding something to eat is not a problem.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This hotel greatly added to our enjoyment of a recent visit to Washington, D.C. Hotel staff were extremely helpful and accommodating. There were many extras available for guests to borrow including spa robes, slippers, flat irons, etc. Booking through Hotwire allowed us to get a good rate for this higher end hotel. Very convenient to Metro, shops and decent restaurants. Agree with others that Wifi should be free in room, but it was available in the cozy lounge-like setting of the lobby, so not a huge issue.

Room Tip: We were given the option of higher floor room and chose that. Water view in the distance.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Louis, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed here with a Conference in late April 2013. The room was clean, bathroom good sized. Everything worked with the exceptions noted below. The staff was friendly. My criticisms would be the bed, the shower spray the advice from the concierge and the temperature of the food at the breakfasts. Normally, nowadays, I stay in hotels where the shower spray is way too weak, to conserve water. This was not a problem during my stay where the water blasted my wife and I. The room had two double beds because the hotel was sold out of Kings. The double I had was slanted sideways as the mattress was obviously old. The concierge recommended a restaurant that the taxi cab driver could not find, it was confusing as to how to get there. The directions were poor and had I walked, I would never have found the place. Even with mapping app on phone the place was difficult to find. I cannot believe there was not a better and closer burger place than the Hamburger Hamlet. Dont bother with this place. Red Robin outshines this place and is less expensive. Finally, at the breakfasts 2 mornings in a row, the sausage was cool, and the eggs were barely warm. They ran out of coffee one morning. By the same token, I had room service while I was there and could not have been happier with that service for dinner. I just dont expect these kind of annoyances at a hotel chain that styles itself as a cut above. We stayed at the Renaissance next door for one night because in spite of the fact I made my reservation in January 2013 they could not accomodate one more night (which they told me when I made the reservation) Overall I would have been much happier at the Renaissance for the entire 6 nite stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I was unhappy to discover a charge for Internet--a3night stay adds up. And how bizarre there is no place to hang a towel. Form over function for sure. Staff was curt and unhelpful. I imagine they are tired if the same complaints

• Stayed April 2013
HyattCrystalCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Crystal City, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Ranis510,

I was sorry to hear of your unsatisfaction with your recent stay at our hotel. Please know that we work hard to make every guest feel valued and comfortable during their stay at Hyatt Regency Crystal City. I hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to change your opinion of our hotel.

If we can provide any further information or help you with your next stay in the area, please contact me at 703.418.1234.
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

If you get a priceline type nightly rate, which we did, perhaps you won't feel ripped off. If you pay Hyatt prices, you will. No hotel in a DC business hub should be without free WiFi in your room. They offer it in the lobby but not in-room. Best Western motels for $80.00 a night give you free WiFi. Also, no hotel in Crystal City should charge $27.00 a night for parking. You can stay in DC proper at a lovely historic property and pay for parking but not in a commercial zone like Crystal City. Rooms are fine, but don't expect breakfast and while the lobby bar is pleasant, don't expect cheap. This is a Hyatt that nickels and dimes you on everything. You can do better, even in the caverns of Crystal City.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

No free wi-fi in rooms. I can get free wi-fi in a fleabag motel off the interstate, but not at a high profile Hyatt? Also disappointed that there were no racks in bathroon to hang towels. None. We had to hang from top of door or throw on floor. Very, very disappointed with Hyatt. If I was not here for conference I would have moved to another hotel. Not a happy camper.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Hyatt Regency Crystal City? Share your experiences!