“Very comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Mason, Ohio
“Very comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The fre shuttle took less than 10 minutes to get to the hotel from the airport. The shuttle drivers were all very nice and gave us free bottled water. The shuttle also takes you to the train station for free. We were also one stop away from the Pentagon City Mall which has 4 or 5 floors. It took less than thirty minutes to get to DC's National Mall too. All of the staff were exceptionally pleasant. The room was clean and comfortable. The food was very good with alot of healthy options. I had a great stay.

705 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Polish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The staff at this aging member of the Hyatt family is terrific...but prepare to be underwhelmed by the hotel generally. Its fine - its clean - but the elevators are slow, the rooms dated and the restaurants not worth your time (much better options nearby!). The night I was there the main restaurant (rooftop) was closed to the public so they could have a private event - I guess they wanted to encourage us to eat somewhere else.

If you get a really good deal its a fine hotel (and theres a great little italian deli next door that makes a really good/cheap breakfast!)...but there are far better options in and around Crystal City.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Madison, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel is in a great location close to Regan National Airport with numerous other hotels in the area, restaurants and shops. I had reserved a standard King room, but none were available when I checked in. The clerk said "I am going to give you a double-double, OK". I said "not OK" to see what she would do. It is my opinion, don't ask if you are not prepared for the answerr to be "no", well she got completely flustered and was prepared to argue with me. I could see the wheels turning as she thought better of it and gave me an executive King room, which was an upgrade for the reservation rate. Overall, I felt the staff was competent but NOT welcoming and friendly. The concierge/bell hops hinted for tips upon each interaction. The valets actually almost ran me over with a luggage cart and acted as if I was "in the way", what nerve I had trying to enter the hotel upon returning from dinner. My housekeeper was Rosa, and she replaced my towels, coffee, cups and toiletries each day, so based on LCV_12's review, that seems hit or miss. They do not have customer comment cards, nor did the clerk ask me if I had a nice stay upon check-out.

The rooms are quiet, I hardly heard a sound from the hallway or neighboring rooms. I was on the 17th floor and there was no street noise, I could not comment on the lower floors. The linens are not scratchy, although the mattresses are not the best and gave me a backache after one night's sleep (my back is a sensor for poor matresses the way granny's arthritis is for rain). The bathroom was absolutely tiny. So if you are a large person, consider a different Crystal City hotel. There literally was about a two foot by two foot open space (I estimated with my feet) when the bathroom door was closed between the door, counter, toilet and shower (no tub). The shower door passed withing two inches of the toilet and the bathroom door passed within 3 or 4 inches of the toilet in opposite directions - i.e. you could not have both open at the same time. It was next to impossible to step out of the shower and close the shower door again without bumping the toilet. The workspace was on the small sized, but adequate. Although the outlet was loose or something and eventhough my phone was plugged in all night, it did not charge, so I charged it the next night from the bathroom outlet. The clock has a dock for a iPod or iPod shuffle, which was nice.

The free shuttle to Regan and the Metro is nice, except the Marriot chain of hotels in the area also provided shuttle service both to and from area restaurants and shopping. When I noted that to the front desk they just stared at me like I had not just two heads, but three heads. Like I said, adequate but not terribly good customer skills.

Overall, you will have a fine stay. Nothing too much to complain about. But, except it was the hotel that was booked by the company I was there to work with, I would not choose this hotel if returning to the area for a different reason. Although I think staying in the Crystal City area is excellent in terms of restaurants and shops within 10 to 15 minutes walk.

Room Tip: Ask for a handicapped accessable room so that you will have enough room to turn around in the bathro...
Pearl, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Everyone at the hotel was very accommodating. Shuttles ran on time and often - courteous drivers. The concierge desk held my luggage after checkout so I could attend meetings on the Hill, then I returned to the hotel to take the shuttle to the airport. Room was very comfortable; there was a sofa and desk in addition to the bed. There were some restaurants (about 10 or 12) within walking distance of the hotel. Stand up shower only, no tub, but that wasn't a problem.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had a very nice bedroom, spacious bright and clean, the food was delicious, they clean every day, they change the towels if you ask for and replace everything you need, they say always yes,
they help with my laptop, and provide me with european electric contacts, really excellent.

Room Tip: 1821 was a good spacious bright room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jefferson City, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

There were a couple perks that made staying at this hotel worth while. First, the courtesy shuttle to and from the airport or metro & secondly, it's proximity to the metro & dining options. I attended a conference that was hosted at this hotel. The first night I opted for dinner in the hotel due to weather conditions. While it was tasty, it was rather expensive. There is a deli, McDonald's, Starbucks and Subway nearby. If you catch the courtesy van to the metro station, there is a mall with lots of dining options.
The staff were friendly & helpful. They did whatever they could to accommodate requests. I chose not to use house keeping services but I did allow them to empty my trash.
The room was comfortable & offered the space needed to get some work done.
I would consider staying here again.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The hotel is well situated in Arlington, really near the Pentagon and a short drive to downtown. The hotel is nice and the beds were comfy. Staff was friendly and helpful. Housekeeping was pretty bad. Our beds were made every day, but toiletries were never replaced, a dirty glass was not replaced for over 4 days and we had only 1 cup for coffee, when clearly there was more than one person in the room. Also, parking is expensive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Regency Crystal City? Share your experiences!