“Great staff but furnishings needs refresh” 4 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #23 of 47 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
“Great staff but furnishings needs refresh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I was one of the organizers of a conference held here so I was upgraded to a suite for the event. I loved the space available in the suite (as did my wife), so much so that we stayed an extra night after the conference was over.

However, the furnishings in the suite could stand to be updated. Here are some examples: some of the pillows on the sofa and the bedroom settee were worn and the fabric was becoming threadbare; the dresser in the bedroom had a dark top and there was a white stain across one side of it; and the desk chair was uncomfortable.

Additionally, although the bathroom was updated, there wasn't enough counter space or hooks for clothing and towels. The bathroom in the suite is large for a hotel and there was room for a small counter extension off of the sink. Another big negative were the leaky windows and door to the balcony. Although the heating system was very good, when I sat a the desk working on my computer, I could feel the cold air blowing in through the window. I could also feel the cold air coming through the door to the balcony when I walked near it. This added up to very cold feet and ankles while I worked at the desk.

With all that being said, the bed was great and I had no trouble sleeping comfortably on the first night of the conference.

But the best part of this property are the people who work there. Everyone was polite, friendly, helpful, and wonderful to work with for the conference and interact with on a daily basis for other needs.

705 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Polish first
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

In spite of very cold temperatures and snow the staff made my stay very pleasant.
Room was clean, staff was friendly and helpful and the location was great. The shuttle was on time and the front desk was helpful

Room Tip: i did not have time to use the spa
Chesapeake, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a great hotel located adjacent to Reagan Intl Airport in Arlington, VA. Beautiful inside with well appointed rooms and multiple restaurants. Walking distance to excellent restaurants and the underground in Crystal City. About a mile from Pentagon Mall. Easy access from I95 or 295. Parking in the building is valet, but you can park in the building behind the hotel for $10/dy.

Room Tip: Get something on the higher floors on the north side. Otherwise your view is of the building next do...
Matthews, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My family stayed here the weekend of the Marine Corps Marathon. When we arrived late Friday, the valet parking lot was full, but once the attendant noticed we had our 18-month daughter and all the associated baby gear to unload, he helpfully said he would find us a spot so we didn't have to hunt for one in a public lot - we greatly appreciated it. Upon check-in, we upgraded (paid) to an Ambassador Suite, given the room description said private sitting area and bedroom - we hoped the separation would let our daughter go to bed in one area, while we stayed up in the other. Strangely, though, the suite has a doorway between the sitting are and bedroom - but no door! Perhaps semi-private sitting area is a better description. Not only that, but the room design is strange - the bathroom is not off the bedroom, but is right off the entrance - you have to walk through the sitting area from the bedroom to reach it, again cutting down the benefit of the suite. The room itself was good, with a few signs of wear-and-tear on the sitting room furniture. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom had no ventilation at all, so there was a bit of mildew/soap scum on the glass shower enclosure (no shower curtain, so if needed, the bathroom is a one-person shop). What irked me though throughout the stay - and I communicated this to management after my stay via e-mail - was the constant waiting for tips from bell and valet staff. The bell staff refuses to let guests take a luggage cart up and down the elevators to rooms even if you wanted to do it yourself - I'm fine with that, but don't stand around waiting for a larger tip if I'm forced to use a service I don't want. On the valet side, my wife and I were often struggling with a stroller, baby, baby gear, etc. - and rather than help us once the car was there, they waited by the driver's side door until I was ready to get in. I'm happy to tip - and I did - but the manner in which they waited for them was very off-putting, particularly for a family with lots of stuff.

Room Tip: If you choose the Ambassador Suite, just know that the bedroom is not 'private' - simply sep...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I was there for a couple nights on business. The rooms are clean and up to date. The shower flow/head was incredible. All the staff I had contact with acted professionally. Bed was comfy with lots of pillows. Nice central location. Recommended hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I was here for the holiday season...flight was cancelled, so we were fortunate to stay the night! Wonderful customer service, the restaurant on the top floor had great wine and food...the bar downstairs looked like they served some killer nachos...and the cocktails were cold and service was good. Rooms were nice, couch was included along with other nice amenities....cant complain about the stay at all.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency while visiting relatives in Arlington. The hotel was very nice. It was a good size room with a nice sofa and great blackout shades. The bathroom was missing some important items. There was no make-up mirror and I was too far from the regular mirror to put on make-up. It had no hooks for a bathrobe and no bathroom fan. Wireless internet had a surcharge, I like to get some exercise so I took the stairs down to the lobby and the door was locked. It was not a safety issue because there was an alarmed door, but i didn't want to set that off! We went to the restaurant for breakfast and the waiter was kind of rude and didn't refill my coffee. The big negative for this hotel is the lack of parking. There is valet parking at $27 a day. Self park is $20 a day but you cannot go in and out. There is limited metered parking on the street. I think this is a hotel for business travel rather than pleasure.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Regency Crystal City? Share your experiences!