“Excellent property!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Excellent property!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The property is located very close to the Reagan Airport with shuttle services to the airport and the nearby subway station. You are greeted by a huge beautiful reception and courteous staff. Rooms are big and beautiful. Though we had to pay for breakfast separately - the spread was huge and sumptuous even for vegetarians! Overall brilliant property with everything that you could ask for from a modern hotel! Worth the money!

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

649 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Polish first
WNY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Very receptive staff and there to make your stay enjoyable. This is a very clean, comfortable hotel near to the Regan National Airport, walking distance to the metro and lots of varied restaurants. Stayed here to attend a conference and it is around the corner to the conference hotel. Room is large, comfortable, good bathroom, great bed, large flat screen and huge sofa with a view! I would certainly return to this location:)

Room Tip: Higher the better view but quiet everywhere.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Public space is nice when you first walk in to the property. I was very early but I was able to check in which was great.The first room that I entered had the appearance that someone had slept or laid on the both of the beds, I had requested a King but they only had doubles available upon check in which was fine given I was early. The sheets were wrinkled and indentations on bed although pillows were fluffed, just looked odd. The drinking glass in the bathroom appeared as though it had just been rinsed out? I asked for a different room and was obliged however the shower was full of milder/mold in the caulking and grout...the poor housekeeper tried to get rid of it but I don't know that she had strong enough cleaning supplies...then there is a lack of a door on the shower which was not to my liking at all. No doubt some designer thought it was a cool concept but it was ever so annoying and cold...there were rusted metal towel knobs in the shower or I am not sure if it was mold but icky stuff around the metal towel hooks was gross as was the funky collection of whatever was in the crevices of the door glass at the bottom of the inside of the door of the bathroom. By the way you have very little space in the bathroom between the door and the toilet, old configuration no doubt..small bathrooms. I had asked earleir when I called downstairs about the change if all the rooms were this way, yes except the suites.The room that I had been to was a standard king room.There was dust throughout the room on the fixtures and the bathroom lighting.

I might recommend reconfiguring the showers and putting a non metal door on the entrance of the bathroom, although the door I am sure looked cool originally it was probably not the best choice . Maybe make the bathroom door open out into the foyer of the room for the bathroom as those bathrooms are very small and to shimmy between the toilet and the door is no fun. Also recommend better lighting for the bathroom (for the ladies) and a makeup mirror with a magnifying side, I would think a Hyatt Regency would already have such an amenity not much cost but a very nice amenity, sure the fellas would like it too for those with close up vision issues when shaving. In addition a place to hang a hand towel by the sink and of course something to hang your bathtowel or robe outside of the shower would be better than a rusty metal knob. And to reiterate for those rooms with glass showers without a door please reconfigure and add a door and definitely work on making sure there is no mold/mildew present in the bathrooms.

One other item I would comment on...how the staff interacts with guests and that is not much. I have been to quite a few Hyatt's this year and I commented to someone recently how it seemed that Hyatt must have some sort of program in place with their staff to be extremely friendly and courteous to guest more so than most hotels I have stayed, i.e. Marriott, Hilton, IHG , and so on. But this particular property I did not get that feel...no one was discourteous but not a lot of interaction or hello's or how are you today or how can we assist you...door guys just there, front desk chatting about the night before or what's for lunch...just not what I have seen at other Hyatt locations.

Would I stay there again probably, good spot. Nice public space. Room for improvement housekeeping wise for sure but those items can be corrected and I hope they will be.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We received an excellent rate on this hotel for Thanksgiving weekend via Priceline. We were very impressed with our stay--comfortable, large room, outstanding bathroom and shower, beautiful lobby and common areas, and a friendly staff. Parking seemed a bit overpriced for the area, but there was plentiful street parking that merely required feeding the meters periodically. Overall, we were very pleased and will definitely return.

Room Tip: We appreciated being away from the elevators. The walls were just a bit thin.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have stayed at many hotels near the airport in DCA.
The Hyatt is a beautiful hotel located near Reagan Airport. Hotel has a shuttle that picks up every 20 minutes to and from the hotel. Lobby is standard Hyatt very nice and open. Our room was clean and comfortable( although lighting in the bathroom is poor for putting on makeup). There is a charge for Wi-Fi as with most full service hotels. Breakfast is standard buffet or order from menu. The normal breakfast area is being remodeled so we had breakfast in the roof Café. There are not a lot of restaurants around the hotel. The Clark Street Grill is right across from the hotel. If there are more restaurants we did not see them as we did not walk much on this trip. If you are going into DC there is a shuttle from the hotel that runs every fifteen minutes and will let you off at the Crystal City Metro stop then on your return pick you up from the same location. From this location take the Blue Line Metro into the city. We got off at the Smithsonian stop.
When in DC again will surely consider staying at the Airport Hyatt.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Hotel, Crystal City, for one night and I was impressed by not only their service but also the Hotel Decor.
Let's start by saying that I drove from NYC to Arlington, VA so I was extremelly tired when I arrived to the hotel. The entrance was not caotic as other people said, it was only me in the drive way and an attend for the valet parking advise me to check in while he was taking my car to the parking lot (which cost $27.00). I checked in earlier (10AM) than their check in time and we did not have any issues. Our room was ready, clean, classic, nice confy beds (two queens), the bathroom roomy and spectacularly upscale and again super clean.
The Hotel staff was super helpful, told us where to go, what to see and how to get around the area either driving or by train.
The bar in the lobby area was awesome, reasonable priced drinks and great service!!! ++++
We took the bus shuttle provided by the hotel for free to the Metro Station, which was approx. 15min ride. This bus shuttle operates every 15 min from/to the Hotel to/from the Metro Station, which is the way me and my boyfriend got back to the hotel.
Now, in regards of location, since I had my car, it was perfect. We went to Washington, DC-Georgetown, Allexandria, and everything was between 15-20 min ride.
Overall, I am so looking to be back to the Hyatt, Crystal City, Hotel, it was an excellent experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I was in Arlington for a conference that was held at the Hyatt Crystal city. First off, beautiful hotel and secondly great staff. I was checking in early for my room (way too early) which wasn't ready, I needed to get online for a 2 hour web class and had no access to the wifi. After a short discussion with the front desk staff I was given access to the wifi to attend my class.

The room was great, large bed, clean comfortable. I had a couch in my room also, which I didn't really need, but it was nice to just lounge around. It is close to the airport and I figured that I would be hearing planes all night, but they must have triple pane glass, I didn't hear a thing at all.

I really liked this hotel and would gladly stay again. There are shuttles that take you to the Crystal city mall which is only good for the metro station, or you can walk the 5 minutes, if you want shopping go to Pentagon city fashion center.

The one negative is the restaurant, the food is super greasy and not what I would expect for the prices they charge. We opted for the great cafe across the street, wonderful food there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Crystal City? Share your experiences!