“Enjoyable Stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“Enjoyable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have stayed at many hotels near the airport in DCA.
The Hyatt is a beautiful hotel located near Reagan Airport. Hotel has a shuttle that picks up every 20 minutes to and from the hotel. Lobby is standard Hyatt very nice and open. Our room was clean and comfortable( although lighting in the bathroom is poor for putting on makeup). There is a charge for Wi-Fi as with most full service hotels. Breakfast is standard buffet or order from menu. The normal breakfast area is being remodeled so we had breakfast in the roof Café. There are not a lot of restaurants around the hotel. The Clark Street Grill is right across from the hotel. If there are more restaurants we did not see them as we did not walk much on this trip. If you are going into DC there is a shuttle from the hotel that runs every fifteen minutes and will let you off at the Crystal City Metro stop then on your return pick you up from the same location. From this location take the Blue Line Metro into the city. We got off at the Smithsonian stop.
When in DC again will surely consider staying at the Airport Hyatt.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

705 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Hotel, Crystal City, for one night and I was impressed by not only their service but also the Hotel Decor.
Let's start by saying that I drove from NYC to Arlington, VA so I was extremelly tired when I arrived to the hotel. The entrance was not caotic as other people said, it was only me in the drive way and an attend for the valet parking advise me to check in while he was taking my car to the parking lot (which cost $27.00). I checked in earlier (10AM) than their check in time and we did not have any issues. Our room was ready, clean, classic, nice confy beds (two queens), the bathroom roomy and spectacularly upscale and again super clean.
The Hotel staff was super helpful, told us where to go, what to see and how to get around the area either driving or by train.
The bar in the lobby area was awesome, reasonable priced drinks and great service!!! ++++
We took the bus shuttle provided by the hotel for free to the Metro Station, which was approx. 15min ride. This bus shuttle operates every 15 min from/to the Hotel to/from the Metro Station, which is the way me and my boyfriend got back to the hotel.
Now, in regards of location, since I had my car, it was perfect. We went to Washington, DC-Georgetown, Allexandria, and everything was between 15-20 min ride.
Overall, I am so looking to be back to the Hyatt, Crystal City, Hotel, it was an excellent experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I was in Arlington for a conference that was held at the Hyatt Crystal city. First off, beautiful hotel and secondly great staff. I was checking in early for my room (way too early) which wasn't ready, I needed to get online for a 2 hour web class and had no access to the wifi. After a short discussion with the front desk staff I was given access to the wifi to attend my class.

The room was great, large bed, clean comfortable. I had a couch in my room also, which I didn't really need, but it was nice to just lounge around. It is close to the airport and I figured that I would be hearing planes all night, but they must have triple pane glass, I didn't hear a thing at all.

I really liked this hotel and would gladly stay again. There are shuttles that take you to the Crystal city mall which is only good for the metro station, or you can walk the 5 minutes, if you want shopping go to Pentagon city fashion center.

The one negative is the restaurant, the food is super greasy and not what I would expect for the prices they charge. We opted for the great cafe across the street, wonderful food there.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

If you had to go through a hurricane and it wasn't. In our plans, the Crystal City Hyatt was the place! We had a nice room, friendly staff, adequate though not great food. The power never went out with only a few flickers. Even though the capital was essentially shut down -no metro, we enjoyed our stay

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Great location. The staff was very freindly and helpful. The suite I had was spacious and clean. Loved the shuttle to and from the airport and you were within walking distance to restaurants, as well as the subway. Or you could take the hotel shuttle and they would drop and pick up at the entrance to the subway. The bar was a great gathering space in the evening after long days in meetings.

fairfield, ct
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Good hotel located in Crystal City, and within a short walk of several restaurants. They have a pretty lively bar scene and in the morning serve a good lite breakfast at the same bar. The rooms are very comfortable. My one improvement suggestion is that they not charge $9.95/day for wifi.

Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

The Hyatt Regency Crystal City is a great hotel! We have stayed on multiple visits to Washington, DC and have been very pleased every time. The staff is always friendly and helpful, and everything in the hotel is convenient. The Metro and airport shuttles are quick and easy. The bell staff is outstanding also.

Room Tip: Select a King bed room, and then call ahead to request one of the ones at the ends of the halls fart...