“Washington DC Hyatt” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cartersville, Georgia
“Washington DC Hyatt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Went to DC for a business convention for 6 days. Sadly the only part of Washington I saw was flying over it coming in then leaving! Hotel was literally a 2 minute ride from Reagan National Airport and the hotel has free shuttles to/from the Metro and the airport.
Rooms were very nice and updated. The overall look and feel of the hotel was very new and modern. The restaurants all served good food and had very good service although $17.00 for a breakfast buffet was a little steep.
Huge amounts of meeting spaces on Levels E & B although internet service on the lowest level B was practically nonexistent. Also internet in your room was not free and just basic service was $10/day and up! No refrigerator or anything in my room but overall very nice rooms. Also the water pressure in the shower practically pinned me to the back wall so no complaints there!
Room service was just like eating in the restaurant and the food was very good but pricey ($50 just for breakfast!)
Walking distance to tons of shops and local bars/restaurants. Since I got tired of paying $9.00 a piece for drinks at the hotel bar I walked to the ABC liquor which is right down the street. Strangely all liquor stores close at 9 pm in VA for some reason. Overall a very nice stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Polish first
PINSON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

we stayed here for a convention we were attending. I agree with the poor lighting! I wanted to ask what they are hiding. Bathroom was probably the darkest I have ever seen. There were several lamps in room but bulbs were dim. Since we were staying so long, I wanted to unpack. However, there were only 3 very small drawers under the TV. Neither the nightstands or the 4 tables near sofa had any drawers. On the positive side, all personnel we encountered were very helpful and polite. A young man at front desk set up internet svc for me on my IPhone. We used the Metro shuttle 5 times and did not have to wait more than a few minutes. We found enough places to eat a short walk away including 2 "grills" that serve cheap breakfast and lunch. Our room did have a single serve coffee maker and one of our group said they rented a frig for $25 for the week. Housekeeping was prompt and adequate. We paid a special rate.

Room Tip: higher floors have good view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel before on personal travel and always enjoyed the room, food and shuttle service. I stayed recently for a conference at the Hyatt and it was wonderful. The conference rooms were really nice, the food was great and the staff was helpful and timely. There were multiple conferences going on at the same time (and proximity) as our event and there were no problems (from my viewpoint). I'd recommend this hotel for conferences to other companies, associations and groups.

Room Tip: Higher floors give you great views of the surrounding areas.
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

The hotel has a tegular shuttle to/from DCA. However, when I called from the airport to find out where to catch it, it took multiple calls to get a human to answer the phone. The room was nicely decorated & comfortable but no condiments with the coffee, and it was easy to hear the "neighbors" tv at night.

• Stayed October 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is the best hotel I have been in. Granted, I am just a teacher and poor, so I just got invited to work with other teachers and they paid for everything, otherwise I would have not had to the chance to come here. I will probably never come back because I could never afford it. Rooms are spacious, very quiet environment. I could not hear the airplanes even though the airport is so close. Another big advantage.Metro is a bit far, but a good walk. Food is great, and lots of restaurants very close. Every one was very nice and willing to help. Take the bus tour, it was great and got to see lots. Would have loved to stay another day or two.

Room Tip: Not great views, from rooms, just other buildings.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

The good: This is a great hotel, in a great location with beautiful rooms...The concierge and reception were helpful and kind.

The bad: I'm rating this hotel as "poor" based on the horrible experience my party had with parking. During my stay, we parked two vehicles...For a fee of $25/day per vehicle, expect to have a wait of at least 20 minutes to obtain your vehicle. I was an hour late to an event due to a valet not being able to locate my key. Furthermore, he had the ordasity to have an attitude because we didnt tip him??? The second instance occurred when a member of my party needed to return to our vehicle to search for a lost cellphone. The valet staffers were apparently annoyed that they would need valet the vehicle, and had him wait 30 minutes to retrieve the car-and of course, the valet hinted at a tip upon returning the vehicle. If you plan on using the hotel's parking facility, valet services are mandatory-and the valet team is extremely rude.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Gorham, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

The location is good if you need to get to Reagan Airport. The free shuttle is very helpful and the ride is quick. We walked down the street towards the Metro and found lots of restaurants and sadly made the mistake of going to McCormick & Schmidt. Felt safe walking around at night and be advised that on a Sunday night, most of the little shops close early. We took the shuttle to the metro the next day and instead of waiting for it for our return, we walked back to the hotel. It is a flat, open sidewalk walk back and it's really not as bad of a walk that folks make it out to be. Room was clean and we were a bit disappointed with the lack of TV channels. The place has alot of meeting space and conventions going on so be prepared for a crazy lobby (at least it's roomy). Too bad that breakfast is not included for the price you pay. Only complaint was we had asked for a late checkout and when we went back to our room, the key no longer worked.

Room Tip: We had a high floor and the view was pretty cool.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Regency Crystal City? Share your experiences!