“Great work-related stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Covington
“Great work-related stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My stay here was government related. Had never stayed in Crystal City before so the Hyatt stay was a first. I really liked the on-line check in. Saved me from having to stress about the fact that my flight was weather delayed because I had already checked-in for a late arrival. The room was comfortable, well appointed, the AC was blessedly quiet. The bed was great and the pillow choices were perfect. I had a serious issue with housekeeping and when I told the front desk they were on it before I could blink! Wow. Hyatt really trains their staff in customer service. They compensated me for my inconvenience which wasn't expected but appreciated.

This Hyatt is spitting distance from Washington-Regan airport. They have a shuttle, you can also take the Metro but it is a bit of a hike (sigh, Crystal City issue). I took a cab (after midnight) so it was a $10 fare. (not counting tip). There are good chain restaurants within walking distance (including Ruth Chris if you are into high end!). I stuck with room service because I had a lot of work to do. Both nights the food was excellent and it was not over-priced. The room service was prompt and the server was up-beat, nice and polite.

They charge for internet and BEWARE, if you have a laptop and i-pad they charge extra for a room that connects more than one device. This is also important to know if a couple is traveling together and want to connect more than one computer to the internet.

Two thumbs up for Jennifer who made sure that my housekeeping issues were resolved.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Polish first
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This was a mistake that I will not make ever again. We hosted our 2012 Family reunion at the property and this was a mistake. It was obvious that they had more events in the property then they could handle. Our registration table was out in the middel of an unair-conditioned halfway and it was over 90 outside that day. We had a set up for 120 people the room given was too small, they had to put the buffet outside in that same hallway, where other guest could walk off the elevator and help themselves. To make things worst, once our event was over due to the short hours of the bar, we had to leave the hotel in order to chat and have a drink. Several events were over at the same time the lobby was full, one would think they would want to make the money at the hotel instead of guest having to leave and find a place to have a drink. Most of our guest had travel many miles to attend the reunion and to have them wondering around the streets of Crystal City at night wasn't a welcomed situation. When I addressed the bar hour, I receieved a canned email with no compasion or valve. I could really go on, but I will end by saying I will NEVER use this property again and will not reccomend them to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed here for a conference and surely this place has gone the way of the airlines by charging a fee for almost everything. I was told by a customer service representative for Hyatt's Gold Passport program when making reservations, that I could get a fridge in the room as a passport member. The "why are you bothering me" person at check-in coldly said there would be a $25 a week fee for the fridge. How many hotels have fee free fridges? I was offered a complimentary paper each morning during my four night stay. It arrived once! Forget the business center as it has a $5 fee for a few minutes use of the computer, half of which time can be spent logging on. The restaurants were anti-per diem, so the excellent grill across the street sucked away hotel diners morning, noon and evening. The room was nice, away from vending machines and elevators. Hyatt's management could learn that customers have other options and can flee fees!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Flying in and out of Reagan made this hotel a great choice. I was in town for a conference near DuPont Circle and the shuttle to the crystal city metro was a great help. The rooms were nice and modern and the bed comfortable. The only issue was the very soft pillows. I had to sleep on the throw pillow provided. Seeing the current price of this hotel of $99 per night makes it a great deal. I paid over $200 during the summer. This hotel does not have free wifi which did make it slightly inconvenient.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Hernando Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Very comfortable bed & crispy linens. Clean room, very nice hotel overall. Breakfast buffet included- awesome fresh fruit, omelettes, etc. staff very nice. Rooms were quiet! Usually stay at the Marriott up the street for metro but not necessary as Hyatt has shuttle every 15 minutes and I booked online and saved $90 per night.
Cabbies are not so good here - one got lost and I had to tell him how to get to sequoia's and another one wanted to take us out of the way so we got out of taxi and walked. If you have a Smart phone, I suggest putting your destination of where your going for the best route then just telling the driver the directions or they will take you the scenic route to add more onto your fare......

• Stayed August 2012
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I stayed here overnight to enjoy the 4th of July celebration on the Mall. The hotel is very busy as it is also convention center. Some minor problems - the room had a big coffee stain on the carpet; the bathroom could have used some Tilex to get rid of some mildew stains. I also could not find an easy way to get to the underground parking garage for self parking other than walking around the block. Finally, I had to go to 5 different floors to access a vending machine that was actually working. The staff was friendly and the location was convenient as they run a shuttle to the Metro.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City for 3 nights. I arrived on Thursday late in the night. Surprisingly, there was a lot of activity in the lobby. There was a beauty pageant, family reunion and one more event going on. This hotel has a bar and a breakfast restaurant. I didn't visit the bar, but I did visit the restaurant (Cinnabar). First I thought it was going to be like cinnabon and that was the only reason I went. The breakfast was a bit pricey for the items they were serving. With that said, I didn't eat there. (There is an IHOP a little down Jefferson Davis Hwy). The room was very spacious and the beds were COMFORTABLE! I slept like a baby. The bathroom was nice and clean with plenty of towels. The only downfall is that there are NO towel racks and on one of those days, no one cleaned our room. The hotel has a shuttle that takes you to the Crystal City Metro which is really nice. They have valet parking which is $27 a night! There is a hotel (Marriott Renissance) which is kind of catty cornered to the hotel, along that street, there is free parking. (parallel) That's only if you don't mind the walk. I spent most of my time in DC/Maryland. This hotel was PERFECT for my stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Regency Crystal City? Share your experiences!