“Wonderful Staff!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lake Anna, Virginia
“Wonderful Staff!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

On a rainy day, my girlfriends and I missed our flight to the Bahamas sometime around 7am. We called the Hyatt and within minutes they had a room ready and the hotel shuttle on its way to pick us up. When we arrived the staff gave us vouchers for the breakfast buffet for that morning and the next! The buffet was excellent!! Our waiter was wonderful and brought us birthday cake. The staff even listened patiently as we told our sob story about how we missed our flight! They went above and beyond to make us feel better! They even gave advice on where we should visit since our rescheduled flight time was not until the next morning. The staff at the Hyatt were wonderful and I would visit again just based on how well we were treated!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Polish first
Radford, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

I'll start off with my complaints about this hotel. The rooms did not come with a microwave and fridge, you had to buy them separately. The elevators were extremely slow and constantly crowded. You had to wait about 20 minutes for one, or walk up a hundred flights of stairs. Probably the worst thing about it was the parking garage situation. The parking garage was not connected to the hotel. My friends and I had to walk all the way from the garage, which was a maze, back to the hotel in the cold carrying bags, including a bag of food that was ripping in half and spilling onto the pavement.
Despite my complaints, the room itself was nice. Nothing special, but nice and clean.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

I stayed here for one night, as my flight at DCA was cancelled. I was in room 960 and the room was very nice - stylish and ample space (with king bed, desk and full size couch). The bathroom, although nicely designed, was a bit small relative to the size of the room. There was no bath.

The room was rather quiet - I only heard a few sounds in the hallway and from the stairwell (and that was with a giant Anime festival going on, so I was impressed). There is coffee/tea in the room and the bathroom even had makeup remover towlettes and a travel size toothpaste.

I thought the hotel was much nicer than the Mariott Gateway (where I stayed the previous two nights).

A free shuttle to the airport runs every 20 minutes.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. (They also have hypo-alergic rooms if you need one!)
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Herndon, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

The Hyatt Regency in Crystal City, Arlington VA. The exact address is 2799 Jefferson Davis Highway Arlington, VA 22202. I have a very unpleasant experience while attending the Anime USA convention on the 18th to the 20th of November 2011. There is an ongoing problem with cigarette smoke entering the lobby and the open spaces inside the hotel. The issue is people who are smoking are standing close to the lobby entrance and the air siphons in the smoke and other pollutants from the outside subjecting people to a major health concern of second hand smoking inside. During this Anime USA convention the people who stay inside to enjoy the different events, shows and exhibits for hours are between the ages of grownups to toddlers. I have made a complaint to the night manager and I was told that they have moved the designated smoking area 50 feet away from the original location but people keep moving back. I find it unprofessional and inconsiderate for the management to say they can’t do anything to enforce such a safety/health request at the hotel they own and managed. I would definitely not stay or recommend a hotel like this who are insensitive to their customer’s safety and health issues. This place reminds of going inside a casino.

Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Southern California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Quick two day trip to DC for business and I stayed at the CC Hyatt, which used to be a favorite hotel of mine maybe 12 years ago. A terrible experience mainly because the Internet functioned at a glacial pace and I was trying to work with colleagues scattered all over the US. The second day the Internet had lost my 48 hour subscription and I needed to get tech support to get restored. The Hyatt also charges $12 a day for Internet. My room had a single sink hung on the bathroom wall with no counter. This brilliant configuration causes you to park your toothbrush and razor on the closet shelf. Hotel staff apologized for the Internet problems at checkout and removed the charges from my bill telling me that this was a temporary problem that will be corrected. I won't be back to check if they did so ...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

LOVE this hotel and everything about it. I stayed in November 2011 for 5 days for a conference. I arrived and realized I fogot my wallet. No money, no cards. Cedrea (front desk) allowed me to check in and work the payment out the following day when I was able to gain access to my things. The room was clean and spacious, had a comfy bed, workstation, and oversize couch. The cleaning staff was friendly and all the staff were courteous. I had the lunch buffet at Cinnabar the second day I was there. It included swordfish, a fajita station, pork loin, salad and fruit bar, sides and dessert. All delicious and affordable. The only thing I would note is that the rooms don't have a fridge or microwave, however you can rent them for a nominal fee. I would suggest reserving those when you book as they were out when I checked in.

• Stayed November 2011
st augustine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

i stay in this hotel a few nights every month. i have been doing so for over a year now. the employees there that i deal with know me on a 1st name basis and i always get treated very well in the restaurant! i will surely continue to stay there on future trips to the DC area. it may be time for some renovation to the rooms soon but they are still nice and i would continue to stay there. the location is great.....and close to the airport as well and everything else close by via the metro!

Room Tip: corner king rooms or if you have diamond status, as for those mini suites that end in 30 or 32.....h...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Crystal City? Share your experiences!