“A very nice hotel with good service” 5 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #26 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Uppsala, Sweden
“A very nice hotel with good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days and it was a nice experience. The hotel room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. In my package the breakfast was included. Also, one bottle of water a day was included.

There are some good restaurants around this hotel where I did my eating. There is also a shisha-place nearby if somebody is in to that.

Generally, a good hotel that live up to what they promise and what they show in their pictures on their homepage.

Yet, I was there for a conference. If a would have traveled privately with my family, this hotel would not have been my first choice - simply because of its location.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

We arrived at the hotel at the same time as Hurricane Irene!!!! and we sure were pleased with the welcome we received. On checking in we discovered that the room we had booked could not accommodate a roll away bed, and so we opted to upgrade, knowing that Irene was planning to keep us in our room for a good part of the next few days. We upgraded to an ambassador suite and it was stunning. the door opened to reveal a spacious lounge area, with sofa bed, two armchairs and a flat screen TV. this led to a lovely bedroom with king size bed, flat screen TV and balcony. The bathroom was very well equipped and the complimentary toiletries were well received. We were stuck in the room while Irene blew through and had a thoroughly fantastic stay. We did venture out to the 7-11 for essential provisions (corkscrew)and pizza. the complimentary bus to the metro was punctual and well organised . the trip into Washington on the metro took less than 15 minutes and the metro was easy to use. Overall our stay at the Hyatt was wonderful, comfortable and welcoming.

Room Tip: Consider paying for an upgrade to a suite if staying a few nights, well worth it
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Los Gatos, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Very nice hotel. The lobby has a great layout for meetings, because you can find lots of areas to drink, eat, and talk business. Not a family hotel, in my opinion.

Hotel shuttle to the airport, and to the Metro. A huge plus for me. Hotel to the Capitol for $1.85. Can't beat it.

All the restaurants here are decent. The hotel at the top of the building has some good views,,,,if you like looking at the tops of other building.

Rooms are very nice, although the bathrooms are small. Clean and very stylish.

Concierge was my only problem here. They did not call to let me know my boxes arrived, and they took forever to take care of questions, etc. I stood at the desk at a Thursday at 2:00pm and waited 20 minutes for someone to appear. Irritating.

Food in the meeting was not great.

Fitness facility is very nice. You pay for wireless, which is a joke.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Concord, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

I brought my family up to visit DC while I was at a conference. We have young children, and the staff was extremely pleasant and helpful to our chaotic family. From the valet service to the in-house restaurant and bar, we found everyone to be professional and upbeat. Its a nice change. Pluses: Car valet service ($25/day though), in-house Starbucks, nice bar, awesome location for easy access to DC, and a surprisingly good exercise room. The kids loved the glass elevators. Minuses: Paid TV (paying for PBS? Really?), shower was dated & needed an upgrade, Paid internet access (in this day & age?).

We would stay here again, no question. Also, it doesn't look like much, but for great ethnic food try Kabob Palace down the road and across the street. It was awesome!

cctx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Checked in very late. Shuttle was waiting at DCA. Quiet room which was very nice although the bathroom was small. Front desk was very helpful.

indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

This hotel is in a great location.....it is very close to the Regan National Airport yet not very far from the D.C. sites and landmarks. The hotel is also within walking distance from McDonalds, as well as, some nicer restaurants. Finally, the hotel lobby bar area is nice. The menu has a variety of small plates and drinks. I understand that the subway is not very far although I never used it. I would definately choose this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
east coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

After reading some of the recent reviews I was pleasantly surprised with my accomodations. I chose this hotel because a family member was attending a conference at a hotel near-by. I would not have stayed in the Crystal City area otherwise. I was greeted very professionally by the car valet & asked if I needed help w/luggage. I did not. Check-in was smooth. My room was a standard king with a nice view of the airport (#1402). It was at the end of the hall so I did not have hall noises & there was no noise from the airport. One feature I really appreciated was what I'll call a "privacy wall". When you opened the door into the room you entered a small foyer type area with a wall that blocked the view into the bedroom. This wall also separated the bathroom & closet area from the main room. Once you stepped around the wall the room had a king bed, desk w/chair, medium flat screen TV, 6'+sofa flanked by 2 end tables & 2 coffee tables. The bath room was extremely small w/only a shower. I think the tile on the shower floor needed a good scrub w/bleach but other than that the room accomodations were clean. I did not like the toilet-it had a foot pedal flush. Also the lighting by the sink had lamp shades that cast a yellow glow-not the best for applying make-up. A lighted magnifying mirror would easily solve this problem. My room did not have a microwave or refrig. With my family (total 3 females) we walked to Legal Seafood for dinner. It was about a 10-15 min walk. There were other restaurants near Legal. I would not have felt safe walking alone. Skip the concierge desk (they were not knowledgeable). Ask the reception desk employees for assistance. John, in particular, went out of his way to assist us w/recommendations-he even called the restaurant to make sure it met our requirements before he recommended it. The $25 for valet parking was awful but I didn't see any other viable options. However, I thought my AAA discounted room was very reasonable. Although we did not eat at the top floor restaurant/bar the night views were nice. If you have a car Old Town Alexandria is an easy 15 min drive & a nice area to visit. We enjoyed a delightful meal at Chart House (separate review) & then walked around the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Regency Crystal City? Share your experiences!