“The BEST hotel stay ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #15 of 48 hotels in Arlington
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
“The BEST hotel stay ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed five nights at the Hyatt Arlington. We were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary with a trip to Washington, DC. We were checked in at the front desk by a very nice man named Andrew. We were upgraded to an Executive Suite and were extremely happy with the room. Housekeeping did a great job during our entire stay. Our buffet breakfasts in the cityhouse restaurant were tasty and the waitstaff was friendly. The bartenders in the Key Bridge Terrace were always prompt and friendly, too. My daughter sent flowers to us and a woman came to our room to clip the stems and fill a vase with water for the flowers. There was not one person who worked at this hotel who was not polite and helpful. To top off the great time we had at this hotel, the manager sent up a complimentary bottle of champagne and a plate of chocolate dipped strawberries on our anniversary night. Very much unexpected but very highly appreciated. Also, the Rosslyn Metro Center across the street was so handy for trips to all the sites we saw. We have traveled quite a bit over the last forty years and stayed at many hotels. I have never written a review of a hotel until now. I felt compelled to let everyone know how grateful and appreciative my husband and I are for the superb service we received at this hotel. Our 40th wedding anniversary could not have been a happier time, thanks to the employees of the Hyatt Arlington.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

927 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

I booked 2 nights at the Hyatt Arlington because of it's super-convenient location, and what I thought was a great deal for a 4-star hotel. While the hotel itself was very nice, and the staff very friendly and helpful, in the end I was disappointed by my stay.

Pros: The hotel is gorgeous. Very clean and well-maintained. The room was also very pretty and clean, and the bathroom was very nice. The photos on the site are very accurate. The bed was comfy, if not as plush as I would expect from a 4-star king. The staff was friendly, prompt, and very helpful when asked to hold our luggage before check-in and after check-out, and the doormen were funny and attentive. It's very conveniently situated, with the Rosslyn Metro station on one side, and a fantastic sushi restaurant on the other. The self-check-in was really convenient. There's a Starbucks-by-day/bar-by-night in the lobby, too, which was nice.

Cons: Firstly, they charge $10/day to use the internet (this is not mentioned anywhere on the website). This in itself will prevent me from ever staying here again. Perhaps it's common and I've just never seen it before, but I was surprised and very annoyed. I've stayed at mom-and-pop roadside motels in the sticks with free wireless.

Secondly, there is no free breakfast (though they do leave a menu of ridiculously-priced room-service options on your pillow - don't miss the "delivery fee" and obligatory 21% tip in tiny print at the bottom). Again, even cheap budget places make the effort and put out some coffee and bagels. If you're hungry, go to the Metro Mall and check out Tivoli's awesome bakery and deli on your way to the subway.

Thirdly, there was a sign in the room stating that the hotel provided safe-deposit boxes (with fee - not mentioned on the sign), and would not be held responsible for personal items lost or stolen if left in the room. What? I mean.. What?

Lastly, I requested a "quiet room," but was put on the third floor, which is low enough for street noise, and close to.. something, which randomly sounded like someone rearranging furniture or a squeaky wheel. I'm guessing it was a service elevator. I had asked if there were any rooms on higher floors at check-in, and was informed that I would have to downgrade from a king to a double, which I declined (the hotel was not busy and didn't appeal full.. I have no idea why there wouldn't be another king available). The heater was also very loud and kicked on every few minutes when set at 72 degrees.

Overall, it's a nice hotel, and if you're there to spend money, I'm sure it's very luxurious. If you're on any kind of a budget, however, or expect certain free amenities from a hotel, you might want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

Edye who was managing the restaurant had a wonderfully welcoming personality and a joy to work with. My wife and I had misplaced our breakfast coupon and she immediately volunteered to secure new ones from the front desk. The breakfast was also excellent
In addition, I wish to commend Tonya at the front desk who made our stay most enjoyable from the get- go. She was very pleasant, answered all our questions about the facility and the surrounding neighborhood. She provided us with maps and tips that were most helpful. Both of these ladies get our "five stars" !

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

Hyatt Arlington is the worst four-star hotel I've every stayed. I don't think it should be rated as a four-star. I called the housekeeping and specifically asked them to change the bed sheets on a daily basis and they failed to do so. I know that some hotels don't change bed sheets on a daily basis. However, if the customer have a request, they should accommodate. They are also flea or bugs in the room. I had very serious allergies due to dirty sheets and bug bites and was sick for 1 week. Very unprofessional customer service and management. They gave me complimentary one-night stay certificate with an expiration date and think I should be happy with it. With this level of quality of service, I would never stay at this hotel again, not even for one week free stay.
The room design is horrible. what in the world would you put the air-conditioner/heating unit right next to your bed?? You can't sleep at all unless you turn it off!
The quality of the mattress is bad.

• Stayed October 2010
jimmarino, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, January 31, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write. I was very disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your stay and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Please know that our hotel enjoys the highest level of sanitation and cleanliness. Our sheets have a high thread count and are changed before each guest’s arrival and daily upon request. I apologize that this was not the case during your stay - and I will personally see that this feedback is given to our housekeeping department so this does not happen again. I am sorry to hear that you had an allergic reaction while staying in our hotel. Please be assured that we take the matter of bed bugs very seriously, and utilize professionals as a part of our pest control management program.

I want to thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback, as it helps us serve our guests better each day!

Jim Marino
College Park, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

Yes, the address is in Virginia, but the Arlington Hyatt is one of the most conveniently located hotels in Washington DC. While the surrounding neighborhood has little of the sweep or majesty of federal Washington, Rosslyn Metro is just a block away, the 5A bus to Dulles is just steps beyond that (across from McDonalds), and Georgetown shopping is a 15 minute stroll across the Key Bridge, with views of the Potomac, Watergate, Kennedy Center, and The Washington Monument as a bonus. Great, great location.

The hotel is freshly renovated, with the rooms particularly attractive. To my mind, the room design is nicer than most Hyatt Regency hotels I've visited recently (and that brand is an upgrade from a mere Hyatt). While the bathroom had only a shower, all else seems top flight. I was given a small room--avoid the 00 tier of rooms, as these are particularly tiny; 1600 was my specific room--but the bed was crisp, and the furnishings nearly had a new car smell.

This hotel is a particularly good value as it is a frequent participant in Priceline. I had a $54 bid accepted, but I have seen $45 bids accepted (believe the hotel's occupancy was particularly high that evening, which could account for both the elevated rate and the smallish room). At this price, you'll not find a better upscale accommodation in DC with this level of convenience. Metro makes all of DC accessible, the 5A bus ($6 exact bills, BTW) back and forth to Dulles makes the airport commute a low cost trip (National Airport, via Metro, is even more convenient), and Georgetown is closer to this hotel than it would be to most hotels in downtown DC. While I don't recommend driving, you should note that parking a car here will set you back about half as much as parking a car in the District--$20 at Arlington Hyatt vs. about $45 for a downtown DC overnight parking charge.

So I'd recommend this Hyatt (maybe even over sister hotels Hyatt Regencys on Capitol Hill or Crystal City. . .) Just don't stand to getting a small room if one is so assigned--request a move if your room is a tight fit.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

Got a great deal on Priceline - $47 for double. Construction going on in lobby during stay - but not a problem since not the lobby lounging type. Rooms were decent size and geared to business travel. No extra touches for children. Fitness room but no pool. Think pets allowed. Self parking for $17. Limited on-site dining. We had a car - discovered lot of dining options 1-2 miles down Wilson Blvd. Metro around the corner and easy drive to get to main DC sights.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

the food at the is no good
I order a pizza itwas not done and test horrible
I belive for five star hotel the food also should be five sta food

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Hyatt Arlington? Share your experiences!