“Very good hotel convenient hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #15 of 48 hotels in Arlington
New York City, New York
“Very good hotel convenient hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

It's a very good hotel with a very comfortable Hyatt bed. Rosslyn ahs a few good restaurants if you want a quiet evening and once you figure out the metro, this hotel is very convenient to dc attractions.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

928 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

I stayed here over the weekend 1 October to 3 October, During check-in I was greeted in a lousy and unprofessional way by a young Caucasian gentlemen. He then asked for my address which made responde with "why? " His exact response was "you are checking in aren't you?" I guess in this hotel's standards, this is a very polite and professional way of answering a customer's question. He had my ID right in front of him and he's asking me for my address as if he's running a credit check . They charge about $15 a night for garage parking . That same evening, I needed to move my car from the street where it was parked into their garage so I approached the counter. There was an African American gentleman behind the counter, His exact greeting to me was “what do you need?" Lousy unprofessional customer service skills seemed to be normal with this staff. I actually felt that the management team needed to be informed of my experience so I sent an email to them expecting a response of acknowledgment. Yeap you've guessed it , I haven't gotten any response ! I wouldn't stay at this hotel if they offered it for free!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
jimmarino, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, December 10, 2010
Thank you for your post. I was disappointed to learn that our staff let you down. At the Hyatt Arlington, we strive to provide extraordinary customer service. I have shared your comments with our Front Desk so that we can correct the concerns you mentioned. Although you may be disinclined to return, we would love the opportunity to welcome you back as our guest. I hope if you visit D.C. again that you will give us a chance to show you how we have improved! Thank you for your business, and for posting.

Tustin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

My wife and I flew out to Virginia for a Thanksgiving vacation, we decided to stop off in D.C. and spend 2 nights there before meeting up with our family. I started looking for rooms on Priceline and hotels.com, when I saw the Hyatt Arlington was available, I went directly to the Hyatt website and found a cheaper rate there. We used our AAA card and purchased a "breakfast rate" giving us a free breakfast buffet.

1. Hotel, we arrived late Sunday night, the staff was extremely friendly, we asked for an upgrade and he moved us to the 14th floor. We came down later that night and asked for a good place to eat, he told us to go up to Ray's Hell Burger and even called them to make sure they were open-good burger but 5 guys and in-n-out is better :) There was a busniess center in the hotel which we loved, free printing and free internet, we your looking to get to places there is nothing better then that.

2. Rooms, the room was very clean, large, had a safe, mini fridge, flat screen-etc. Great Hyatt room, no problems at all.

3. Location, since we were only spending 2 days we wanted to get to the monuments and Smithsonian’s right away, the metro was literally a block and a half away from the hotel, couldn't have been easier.

4. Food, since we were on a budget we filled up on breakfast-if you have a AAA I highly recommend getting the "breakfast rate" the buffet was awesome! eggs, bacon, sausage, a whole tray of cold items, breads, and finally they had a chef making omelets.-this was the only time we ate in the hotel. Also, there is a Safeway 2 blocks away from the hotel where we bought water and other stuff, which we stored in our mini fridge.

5. Parking, that was the only negative part, $17.00 a night for self park, however it is Washington D.C. so what do you expect! Also, they were one of the cheaper parking garages in the area.

My wife and I loved it and we would totally come back!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience! I am glad you had a good Thanksgiving with us. I will share your comments with staff to let them know how happy you were with our level of service. If you come back to visit Washington, we would love to have you as our guest again!

Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

I stayed here for the last three nights of my trip to DC in mid-November. I used priceline for a 4 star hotel in Arlington and was happy to be "awarded" the Hyatt. The Hyatt is in a great location, a few moments walk to the metro to get into town or the airport. I tried to check-in early but their were no rooms available so I left my bag and gave them my number and went to explore the area. A short walk away is the iwo-jima memorial and a few other sites.
My room was on the 12th floor with a king size bed. You can tell they recently remodeled as everything seemed to be in good shape. The beds are very comfortable and their was ample storage space. The bathroom was nice with a good sized walk in shower. Their was also a nice flat screen tv and a mini fridge. The view was of a park and the airplanes taking off, which I liked. I did not eat there but their are plenty of places around the area. I also liked the free wifi in the lobby. This is a great hotel to chose if you are looking to be close to the attractions of DC yet not right downtown.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Thank you! I am glad that you enjoyed your room and yopur bed was comfortable. If you ever visit Washington again, I hope that you will be our guest again!

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

I stayed here for 2 nights and was very please with my choice. The rooms are comfortable, but mine which had 2 double beds was somewhat cramped for space. It has all the usual facilities… fridge, coffee maker, safe. I didn’t try the restaurant or bar, so can’t comment on them.

The location is excellent, with the Metro a 2 minute walk away. And Rosslyn itself is a nice area; with Georgetown just a 15 walk across the bridge.

The hotel does have free WiFi but only in the lobby area and a very small business centre which has very very restricted PCs. WiFi in rooms is at cost.

I was most impressed at check-in, as I arrived at 11.30am and I was greeted by an exceptionally helpful and friendly member of front desk staff who gave me my room immediately and was very helpful. That alone would make me go back again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write! I am glad that you found our staff to be helpful. I am sorry if your found your room cramped. If you return, which I hope you do, please call the hotel directly to reserve a room with a King bed. We will be happy to accommodate you!

Honolulu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

Customer service was great - we were able to check in early and they let us switch rooms because it smelled like smoke. The rooms are nice and newly renovated, but they weren't immaculate. Overall, good value, but could do a better job on the cleaning

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for posting. I am glad that our staff was able to help you, but I was disappointed to hear that your room was unsatisfactory. We stive to provide an extraordinary experience for all guests. I apologize that,l in your case, we did not. I would also like to invite you to be our guest again, because I am sure that if you visit in the future, our rooms will exceed your expectations.

Best regards,

Merritt Island, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

I stayed at the Hyatt Arlington for three nights as a last resort. All the other hotels in the area were booked and the Hyatt offered the government rate. The location of the hotel is good, very near the Rosslyn metro stop, but that's the only redeeming quality.

First, the rooms are not clean, the shower looked like the housekeeper ran the water for a minute and that's it. Same goes for the sink and counter. The walls are very thin and two nights in a row I had to call the front desk about the noise coming from the room next door. To the hotel's credit, they sent someone up and the noise stopped. The hotel is also on the flight path for Reagan Airport, so there is a lot of airport noise.

There is no free breakfast and no free internet, both nice-to-haves when traveling for business. The service at the front desk leaves a lot to be desired. It takes the clerks awhile to acknowledge you're standing there and I didn't get the wake up call I requested one morning and was late to a meeting.

Bottom line, there are better hotels in the area with better service and free breakfast and internet. Stay at the Hyatt Arlington only as a last resort.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
jimmarino, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, November 9, 2010
I appreciate you posting these comments. I am glad you found our location convenient. However, I was disappointed to learn that your room was not completely clean and the staff was not fully attentive. We strive to be the best. Unfortunately, we let you down in this instance. I have shared your post with my staff, who will make sure these oversights do not reoccur. We would welcome the opportunity to have you back as a guest to show you how different and enjoyable a stay you can have at the Hyatt Arlington!

Jim Marino

Been to Hyatt Arlington? Share your experiences!