“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Singapore
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

We were in Washington during July 4th celebrations so couldn't get a place in the centre of everything as it was full. However this Hyatt is very close to the metro underground station which will take you a few stops to the thick of things. It is also a nice walk accross the bridge to Georgetown.

The hotel was being refurbished when were there so were given an upgrade to an already completed suite. Very nice indeed. Plush muted greens, olives and beige colours. Huge comfortable bed with good quality bedding. Thee was a television in the bedroom and lounge. Bathroom was simple and stylish, plenty of room and beautiful fluffy and obviously new towells. Small study area in the small living room with desk, sofa and tv and a washroom near the suitcase storage room. The view wasn't good, but hey, upgrade, new room - we weren't complaining

Great bars and eating areas up the hill also, we read about it a guide book, especially an Irish bar which was nice.

Allthough the hotel was being refurbished weren't aware of it as we were out all day and it was lobby/ foyer mainly, However this wasn't mentioned to us when we booked so we were given a slight discount.

All the work must be finished now.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Hyatt1325, Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, August 26, 2010
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted that we exceeded your expectations. Our staff works diligently to maintain our hotel to ensure that every guest departs with a fond memory of the hotel and staff. Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon....

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

We recently stayed here for our daughter's wedding which was taking place nearby. We reserved a block of seven rooms. We were given a terrific rate and the accomodations were unbelievable. The Hyatt Arlington is steps from the metro and a short walk to many places to eat. The concierge guys go over and above what most do. They were extremely helpful with directions, getting us to the wedding and back to the airport. The business center there also came in very handy for last minute wedding details. All in all, I highly recommend the Hyatt Arlington for any stay while visiting the D.C. area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
We were delighted to be part of your daughter’s wedding and so glad the services and facilities exceed your expectations. We are look forward to your next visit with us. And once again-Congratulations!!
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

Stayed at the Arlington Hyatt for 5 nights (7/10-7/15), booked the room on the hotel website with a AAA discount and we received a terrific rate of $98.10 per night. The weather in Washington DC at this time of year is hot and steamy, however the hotel felt like a cool oasis when we returned each afternoon. We were able to keep our room at a cool 65 degrees.
We were very pleased with the customer service we received from the staff. A smooth and efficient check-in was completed by Trevor. All of our online requests were noted and honored (refrig, extra towels). Trevor was also helpful regarding restaurants and shopping in the area.
Another asset to this hotel was Francis, the doorman. He is quick and efficient in everything he does; retrieving the car, helping with bags, or just a simple opening of the door after a long hot day out and about in Washington DC. He always had a big smile on his face when welcoming us back to the hotel.
The Arlington Hyatt has a great staff and they should be commended on a job well done!

• Stayed July 2010
jimmarino, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, July 26, 2010
We're so pleased that you had a wonderful stay and that you loved Trevor and Francis! I shared your note with their Supervisor and I know we will highlight them in our upcoming service meetings! Its always great to know when we have exceeded a customer's expectations. You made our day! Thank you!
Greenville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

This hotel is in a great location. Easy access to Metro. Too expensive during the weeknights, but otherwise a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review. Please tell your friends!
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

Literally the Closest Hotel to the Rosslyn Metro Station and only three blocks to Ray's Hell Burgers the Arlington Hyatt is everything you expect from a good business class hotel. While the rooms are not large they are 'right' sized and not cramp (there is a 'Petit' king size bed room which I haven't seen). I traveled on the AAA Breakfast Rate which include a good discount and a daily full hot buffet breakfast for two. I paid the bill with Hyatt Gift Checks from Costco, $79.99 for $100 value which made the room even cheaper. Good business center with computers and printers though in-room internet wi-fi is extra. Easy to get to from Reagan National or Alexandria Amtrak station on the Metro Blue Line with good Metro frequency into Washington with the Blue and Orange lines. Hint: coming from the station exit to Fort Myers Drive walk up to Wilson Blvd. cross over to the hotel and enter the parking garage pedestrian entrance, enter the garage and follow the crosswalk to the elevators. Go up one floor to the lobby and save yourself an extra 100 feet of uphill walking to the main entrance.
You will not see Washington from the hotel except for Georgetown from the north facing rooms. Easy walk to the Marine Memorial (Iwo Jima Memorial) and a great place to see the fireworks on the mall without getting caught in the after fireworks jam on the Metro.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
We're so pleased that you liked our location,rooms, business center and our great location right off the Metro. Thank you for writing and we look forward to your return!
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

First of all, usually I don't like going to online forum to write negative reviews as I strongly believe if there happens to be any unpleasant experience, this should be first resolved by informing the management through their official feedback channel. I believe in fair-play and, before any negative reviews appearing in public domain, the management should have a chance to explain or rectify.

However, I did voice my opinions through their post-stay survey sent through email. It went unheard and I haven't received any response so far.

I arrived at the hotel in an early June morning (approx. 9am) with my brother. We have just came from an early flight at IAD. We both felt extremely tired and sleep-deprived. I did agree the hotel had every right not to allow check-in as it was way too early. We were asked if we wanted to have breakfast first. Instead, we agreed to leave the breakfast for next day, leave our luggage and come back later instead.

However, maybe because I was not used to American accent or the hotel staff not used to my accent, there seemed to be some misunderstanding. Then the staff went impatient and even used the word "As I mentioned before". I know a thing or two about hospitality industry and I know this phrase is unmentionable. Hotel guests may not get your point immediately and it is hotel staff's job to explain. If the guests don't get it, then explain again! It is just rude to blame the guest for not getting it.

I booked Awaken Package, which at the time of booking mentioned it included Full Buffet Breakfast. However, we were only given Continental coupons. When we arrived at the restaurant, we were told we would need to pay supplement charge if we wanted to have hot breakfast. If a supposedly "Full Buffet Breakfast" package only includes cereals and some unappealing pastry, then what's the point of calling it full? I felt denied for what we should have originally entitled to.

Actually it was my first time staying at Hyatt, but I found the service degrading and patronising. Will not recommend.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
I was most disappointed to read your review. We always strive to exceed customer expectations and clearly we let you down in this instance. Please accept my sincere apologizes. Know that we've coached the associate at registration (the expression "As I mentioned before" is never permissable) and role played with the entire team ways to always be accomodating and kind. I'm also sorry to hear about the confusion over your breakfast -full vs continental. I've shared your example with our staff so as to prevent reoccurence. Again, my apologies and my thanks for taking the time to write.I know that on your return, you'll notice the difference and will have a wonderful visit.
Sandy Springs, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

This is an update to my earlier review. My overall experience was extremely positive except for a very aggravating clerical error caused by an inexperienced front desk clerk. Today I received a call from the hotel's manager who "stepped up to the plate" and did everything possible to make things right. I was very impressed!

I believe the hotel was recently renovated. Our room and the public areas were in spotless, modern condition. Comfortable beds. Strong air conditioning, which is important in DC summers. Location is great, just across the street from Rosslyn Metro station. A greater variety of shopping and dining is just one or two Metro stops away. (Courthouse or Clarendon stations). You can walk across the Key Bridge into Georgetown.

A full buffet breakfast was included in the price of our room. The food was good and the selections varied.

Note to Hyatt: Your Portico White Ginger bath products are unpleasantly flowery. They smell like my great-grandmother's perfume. I've started carrying my own soap and shampoo when I stay at a Hyatt.

I will stay at this hotel again the next time I'm in DC.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
We're so glad that you circled back to let us know that we met and exceeded your expectations. We've very pleased that you enjoyed our location, beds, room cleanliness and food. I'll pass along your thoughts on the bath products as well! Warm regards, Jim Marino, General Manager.