“Close to Washington” 3 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
“Close to Washington”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The rooms are quite comfortable with new furniture. The Hyatt is close to the Metro Station where you are in just one Station in Washington.
Although this Hyatt doesn't have an Executive Lounge, unfortunately Diamond members only get breakfast Buffet and cannot order for example a bottle of water on top without to be charged. Compared to many other Hyatt's in the US you don't feel much appreciated to be a loyal customer... That's a pitty!

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you Sue for passing along these comments. While I am glad you enjoyed a few things about our hotel, I do regret that we did not meet all your expectations in other areas. This feedback is unusual as our Diamond level patrons enjoy a variety of benefits from Hyatt when they reserve a room through Gold Passport. In addition to guaranteed availability, room type preference, a custom amenity is delivered upon arrival (which they have personally tailored in their profile). Benefits also include a daily cooked to order breakfast, complimentary bottled waters and a personal invite to the GM's private weekly reception in appreciation of their loyalty. Please contact me directly so I can ensure your profile and preferences are accurate in Gold Passport for your future visits.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the Hyatt Arlington while taking a short trip to DC to visit friends and family and enjoy the city. We requested early check in and got to check into the hotel on our phones before our plane took off to DC. Very convenient and our room was ready as soon as we arrived. The hotel is very close to Reagan National which made for a short and cheap taxi ride.
The room was very spacious with a nice size bathroom and shower. The bed was very comfortable and free wifi in the room. Overall, the room was very nice, no complaints.
The best part of the hotel is it's location. It's out of DC so the price is a little cheaper but close enough to enjoy all the city has to offer. There is a metro station right by the hotel which makes getting into the city super easy. If the metro isn't your thing, taxis are easy to come by and are about $10 to get into DC. There's a restaurant and cafe in the hotel but we didn't get a chance to try those out. However, there are a few restaurants walking distance and a Starbucks across the street.
Overall, we had a great experience here. Great location, great rooms.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Glad you enjoyed your visit Sara and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with me. I hope you will be back when your travels allow to enjoy even more of what we have to offer. Thank you for choosing Hyatt Arlington
Bucks County PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My visit started with a lost reservation, so I had to pay full price and forego the 'free breakfast' included in my online booking (I will try to resolve this from home when time allows).

After finally getting to my room on the 14th floor, I tried to watch TV for an hour before going to bed, but the remote only worked for some of the functions, so I had to endure the slow click and view one channel at a time, as the channel guide was inaccessible. I settled on CNN and went to sleep.

My morning in-room coffee was my first suspected decline in housekeeping service, as the machine reservoir was filled with (hopefully) water from the last guest.... Gross.

The bathroom countertop provided confirmation of issues with housekeeping, as the sides and corners of the counter was so dusty that I was able to write an 'X' in the dust.

The buffet breakfast (now $21 instead of free) was alright, but service was lacking in this department as well. Two trips to the buffet with no cleared dishes from my table.... Unacceptable.

As a long time Hyatt customer, I hope this property is an anomaly and not indicative of a greater problem.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you Robert for your feedback. While I am glad you enjoyed some aspects of your stay, I regret that we did not deliver on all expectations with the room cleanliness or free breakfast. We have reviewed your comments with the room attendant and ensure proper training is in place for such concerns. We offer many rates and package options for travelers to meet their budget. Please consider one of our packages, which include other items such as breakfast or parking for your future visits. Thank you again for bringing this insight to me so we can improve on your concerns.
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at this hotel for three nights on our recent holiday in the US. Initially we were worried that our room would be too noisy as it was located next to the elevators, but in the end that didn't bother us. The kingsize bed was comfy, the room was very spacious and the staff were helpful in allowing us to accommodate a friend on our sofa for one night. The hotel is located close to the Rosslyn metro station, which takes you to central DC in less than 15 minutes. Overall, a great choice for our stay in DC.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Thanks Peter for sharing your experience with me. I am glad you enjoyed your visit with us and look forward to your next trip back. Thanks also for choosing Hyatt Arlington to stay.
Danville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We have stayed here numerous times. We really love the location. The rooms are very comfortable.The staff is very very friendly. I would highly recommend the Hyatt Arlington. You will be pleased. Parking may be an issue. There is street parking available but you have to move your vehicle in the morning because it is only 2 hour parking. However, that does not apply on the weekends.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your continued patronage. It is always great to have our regulars back and nice to see that our property as well as staff continue to shine. Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. Until your next trip back, safe travels
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Arlington Hyatt and Raimondo Russo are Awesome!
My boyfriend was on a business trip for the week and I wanted to send him a treat of some sort, so I went to the Arlington Hyatt web site and emailed an inquire about items the hotel may offer for delivery to guests. Within minutes I received an email from Raimondo Russo, Assistant Director of Food & Beverage. In the email he gave me some options and before I new it we were on the phone discussing what I could send to my boyfriend. Mr. Russo was extremely helpful and patient. Mr. Russo knew the details were important to me, including a personal message for my boyfriend. The level of service was amazing! Mr. Russo even sent me photos of what was being delivered to the room! Every email I sent to inquire about the delivery was tended to with professionalism and with out delay. The next day was St.Patricks Day and I emailed to inquire about any possible "green" treats the hotel my be offering so I could send something again to my boyfriend and the reply was just as timely as the day before! Makes me want to send him and I Love you gift every day of his stay! I would also like to add my boyfriend is enjoying his stay at the Arlington Hyatt. It's very comforting to be at home in California and know the hotel staff is extremely dedicated to customer service. Mr. Russo, thank you for your patience and kindness........Raimondo Russo at Arlington Hayatt, you Rock! Thank You................ Sincerely, DC

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Thank you DC for taking time to share this feedback. We do strive to exceed guest expectations and we are fortunate to have associates like Raimondo on our team to help in this effort. I am glad all went well and please rest assured that I will share your comments with the entire hotel at our upcoming associate gathering. Thank you again for your time and patronage.
Boerne, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just across the street from the metro station, which takes you to anywhere most would want to go. No need to rent a car here! So very convenient. Good choice of restaurants surrounding the hotel. While the food in the hotel restaurant and room service was good, the service was a little spotty. Restaurants in the hotel are NOT child friendly!
Room stayed clean and comfortable throughout our visit. Great after an exhausting and dirty day in the city. All rooms have a mini refrigerator, so you can stock up with cold drinks and snacks. Lots of nearby little stores to purchase anything you've forgotten or need. Wi-fi was free and fast
The lobby staff was friendly and helpful. Any questions I had were responded to quickly, thoroughly, and with a smile.
If I went back, I would stay here again. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Your feedback is very much appreciated. I am glad to see that you will stay again when in town and I am happy to see that our staff made their mark on you during your visit. Thank you also for letting me know of areas we can improve and help us meet guest expectations. Thanks for choosing the Hyatt Arlington

Been to Hyatt Arlington? Share your experiences!