“Comfortable, Clean and Convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #13 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Arlington, Virginia
“Comfortable, Clean and Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We stayed at this hotel three times over the previous three weeks. The rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet. We were concerned during one of our stays when we were put in a room right next to the elevators. No worries, this room was quiet too. I didn't need to park at the hotel, but the hotel parking is a bit pricey, around $23/night. The hotel is in a great location and near the Rosslyn Metro. We've been hoping to find a recommended hotel for our family event happening next summer. This hotel sits at the top of our list.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and over the past few weeks. I am glad we will be able to remain your hotel of choice and look forward to your return. Thanks also for taking time to share this insight with other travelers. Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Beverly Hills, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

We chose this property due to it's location which is close to the Metro. The staff was a complete joy to deal with..the rooms and common areas were spotless. Both the bar and dining experiences were pleasurable. Parking deck was typically tight but well lit and easy to navigate. Only negative is you will need to take cab or metro to find variety of eateries and shops. Would not recommend to Ruby Tuesday's across street..dirty and staff seemed to be having more fun with each other than working.

• Stayed August 2014
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Thank you Tom for sharing your insight with me. While I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay overall, I do regret the inconveniences you encountered. We also do offer packages that include a variety of services in the rate like Wifi, parking, breakfast etc. and hope that you will consider these in the future. Please let me know on your next trip back so I can ensure your familiar with all options available to you. Thank you again for your consideration of a return visit.
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

The Hyatt Arlington is located across the Potomac river from Georgetown and Foggy Bottom in DC. The hotel is in the Rosslyn business district so there are plenty of restaurants and the area seemed pretty safe, although a bit deserted late at night. It is a quick one-block walk to the Rosslyn Metro stop which makes it super convenient when visiting DC or flying into Reagan National Airport. The rooms are rather small fitting just two double beds (not queens) but the decor was modern and looked to have been renovated within the past year or two. The pillow-top mattresses on the beds and pillows were extremely comfortable! I did not notice any strange odors in the room that other reviewers have commented on. My room was pretty clean but there were a few things they need to work on. There was a large reddish stain on the carpeting near the desk in Room 326...it looked like somebody spilled a cherry slurpee on the carpeting and my room was missing a suitcase stand. The closet is extremely small....in fact, the smallest I've ever seen in a hotel. The bathroom was clean except the bottom of the shower curtain liner was disgustingly yellow and crusty with mildew stains. I told the front desk about this the next morning and my shower curtain liner was replaced by that evening. I ate both mornings at the buffet breakfast offered at the hotel's City House restaurant. It was acceptable definitely but not worth $18. The service the orange juice was excellent...almost tasted like freshly squeezed OJ. The made-to-order omelets were excellent. The bacon was ok (it could have been crisper). The pineapple and melon slices were good. The breakfast potatoes and mini quiches were not tasty at all. They offered waffles one morning which were so hard, I could not cut them with my knife even after soaking them in maple syrup. The next morning, they offered pancakes which were a bit overcooked and difficult to chew. WiFi is not included in the room price which was disappointing since this is not an inexpensive hotel. Overall, I had a pleasant stay. I would consider returning but I'd certainly check with the other business-class hotels in the Rosslyn area to see if I could get a better rate with WiFi included.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views and less traffic noise.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Thanks for your feedback and for choosing The Hyatt Arlington to stay recently. I am happy to see our staff was able to make your visit more enjoyable and I hope your experience will bring you back soon for another stay with us.
United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Staff were all very nice. rooms were clean however not very big but enough room anyway. I was on third floor which didn't have the best of views so I would recommend trying to get a room on at least 6th floor if you like rooms with a view. The breakfasts were very good and although wifi is not free it still runs fairly fast

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thanks for sharing this valuable insight and for choosing the Hyatt Arlington to stay. It seems you enjoyed your stay overall, so I hope this recent experience will bring you back again when in The DC area. Thank you for your time in providing these comments
Pensacola
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Location of this hotel is perfect for Metro use to all points in DC area, the Rosslyn Metro station is across the street. Our room was spacious, the bathroom clean with good shower pressure. The staff is friendly and professional, and the breakfast, while rather expensive, was nicely prepared and tasty. For the budget foodie traveler, there are lesser expensive breakfast restaurants at the Metro. I will be happy to stay here in the future.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking some time to provide this insight. I am glad to see you enjoyed your visit and that you would stay with us again. I hope we get the opportunity to have you back as our guest again in the near future.
Massachusetts, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

This is not a 4 star hotel. The first room we had here smelled musty, like a damp basement. It was actually causing my son's asthma, which has been very good in the past few years, to act up again. The second room we were moved too also had a funny smell, but it was so strong, it was almost as if they were trying to cover up another smell. However the woman at the front desk was very nice and apologetic to move our rooms so late and was very helpful. It is the room quality which is my complaint.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you Kevin for sharing this feedback. I regret your inconvenience and appreciate you giving our staff the opprounity to address and correct your concerns. I hope you will allow us to reverse your impressions when your future travels bring you back to the area so we can ensure your satisfaction. Thank you again for your comments
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Hyatt Arlington should be considered on any trips to the DC area. Location is ideal. Place is super clean and staff is friendly and helpful. Price was very reasonable and very close to Rosslyn Metro station for entry into DC proper.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you Lucca for choosing The Hyatt and for taking time to pass along your comments. I am happy to see you enjoyed your visit and that you would reccommend us to others. Thank you again for your patronage, as I hope you will return again soon for another stay

Been to Hyatt Arlington? Share your experiences!