“Nice hotel in the DC area ” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Albany
“Nice hotel in the DC area ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Was there over a weekend in August. Last minute booking (last minute for me). Price was pretty reasonable in comparison to staying right in DC. The hotel was conveniently located on a subway line making it easy to get around. Only a few minutes walk from the Mall. A greatv location. The hotel is clean and pretty well maintained. Would consider staying there again.

Pro :
- location, reasonable parking, price and clean

Con :
- charged for internet and bottled water...

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking some time to share this feedback. I hope we will see you again soon when your travels bring you back to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I went to The DC area for four days and stayed at this hotel. The staff was very nice and helpful. Since the hotel was all booked up, we had to stay in a king sized room even though we had three people. Right when they had a double room available they let as transfer. I was not very pleased as they didn't have free wifi and I had to go to the very air conditioned lobby for internet access. Other than that I loved it!!!

Stayed July 2014
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback and for choosing The Hyatt Arlington. I regret the inconvenience you experienced upon arrival, but happy to see our staff's actions to help resolve the matter. Thank you again for your time in sharing this insight.
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We spent a long weekend at the Hyatt Arlington. Having read the information on the website about parking, we self-parked in the garage before checking in. Be forewarned that the parking garage is not designed for large vehicles. We were glad we left our Tundra at home. However, our CRV fit just fine and we were able to leave it for the entire weekend and just use the Metro. (self-parking will cost $20 per day, but valet is $25) Check-in was smooth and quick. Our 12th floor room was a nice size, clean and well appointed. I found the bed to be very comfortable, more so than most other hotels in which we've stayed. Our TV remote was a bit temperamental but they sent someone up with a new one within five minutes of reporting the problem. We purchased the package with the buffet breakfast, which we felt was a good value. It was a decent spread with the typical breakfast foods, but also some options for those who are health-conscious. They have a restaurant on site but there are plenty of eatery choices within walking distance. You can get a restaurant list at the front desk with a key that will tell you which are walking distance. The metro is very close, which makes this an excellent location for visits to DC. We enjoyed our stay here and would choose it again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of some of the benefits our property had to offer. Thank you for taking the time to share this insight and for choosing Hyatt Arlington. We look forward to having you back for many more stays
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Spent two nights here from Friday afternoon to Sunday morning. Nice property located 5 minutes from Key Bridge in to Georgetown and across the street from the Metro. There was a huge crowd at the hotel for the weekend. Check in was quick with a friendly agent. I was assigned a room on the 3rd floor with 2 queens. The room was nice with all the standard features. The in-room coffee/tea was Starbucks which was really nice. Amenities were Kenet MD, which I think is standard. My only complaint about the room was the minimal storage space, but since I wasn't unpacking it wouldn't matter. All in all, great stay, great value but not much to write home about.

• Stayed August 2014
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you Pablo for sharing your experience. I am happy to see you enjoyed the visit and I hope that you will join us again when back in the DC area. Thank you for choosing Hyatt Arlington and for your time in rating us to other travelers.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Stayed at this hotel with my daughter for 3 nights.. Very accommodating in everything... From bellman to front desk staffs, all very helpful. They make you feel at home as soon as you check in.. Driving for so many hours and to be greeted with a smile. Room is cozy and nice. Zenaida, front desk is so nice and always smiling. Yabu, the bellman so helpful. Everybody is. I would highly recommend this hotel to all travelers. Visit Arlington cemetery, so close to the hotel. This hotel is close to everything you need...

Room Tip: Lower floor is best especially if you use cell phone all the time
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you Pilar for staying with us and taking some of your time to share this feedback. I am happy to see our team members took good care of you and that you enjoyed your visit overall. I look forward to having you back as our guest when your travel plans bring you to the DC area once again
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Have stayed here once or twice a year for several years.
Always reliable.
This is a classic hotel with a great location adjacent the Metro.
The rooms are well sized and housekeeping does a solid job.
Service staff are friendly no fuss types who are quick to fix your problems and great with advice on local sites.
It is a good base from which to explore DC.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thanks for sharing this insight and for your continued patronage. It is nice to have you back with us and I am glad you enjoyed this visit. We look forward to your returns and we appreciate your time in writing this review
Livingston, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I travel often but this is my first review. We can't get over how friendly everyone at this hotel was. We flew into Regan airport took the metro to the hotel. Zenaida at the front desk checked us in and was super friendly asking us about our flight and helping us get into a room even though it was only 1:30 and check in wasn't until 3. The airline we booked through messed up and reserved a room with two double beds. Zenaida changed that to a king, and apologized that the only king available was a corner room that was smaller. It wasn't a problem the bed was soft and the room was really clean! We were on the 8th floor but the three elevators always seemed to be available never a wait time.

The internet worked great in the rooms, I had trouble connecting with my Kindle at first I went down to the front desk and they directed me back to the room and to call the internet support number. When I did the tech talked my through the problem and had me connected in less than 5 minutes.

Being from the mid-west our last time to the D.C. area we encountered people who were annoyed by our questions and didn't really have the time for us. This time everyone at the hotel seemed to go out of their way to help us and to make sure we were doing alright. Maintenance men we encountered on the elevators asked if we were enjoying our stay, bell hops made sure we knew how to use the metro, and Zenaida made sure we were able to connect to the internet and were finding our way around town with out difficulty. I can't say enough about how friendly everyone was.

We were in town for a Fairfax firefighter graduation out by Oakton. With the easy access to the Rossyln metro across the street we were able to jump a train to Vienna then a taxi the one mile to the graduation. The rest of the trip we were able to use the metro to get around D.C. with no problems.

I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the D.C. area. The rates are great, much more affordable than in D.C. and the staff is the friendliest I have ever encountered. I read some reviews that talked about noise but I slept great each night and never heard anything. We will be staying here again when we decide to visit D.C. again.

Room Tip: Our room was on the south side 8th floor in the corner. I was worried because it was so close to the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you Zack for taking the time to share this insight and reccommend our hotel to other travelers. I am glad our staff were able to take care of you and help you with your needs throughout your brief stay with us. Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Arlington and I hope we will get to see you again real soon.