“Excellent choice and here's why” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #16 of 47 hotels in Arlington
Massachusetts
“Excellent choice and here's why”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We booked a 6 night stay arriving on Sunday June 29. A welcoming staff at check-in, Jasmine had us into room 1617 at 11:44am, we were a little early so coffee and a muffin with Mitchell in the lounge. For two the room was large enough with a view toward Georgetown and the Cathedral as seen in the stock photos, bathroom was well supplied and clean, the bed looked inviting (it proved to be very comfortable the entire week). Any inter-action with the staff from front desk to housekeeping was always easy and enjoyable. We would stay here again and recommend it to friends as it was to us. One bit of advice, know what you are buying i.e. Big Bus Tours are day tours separate from night tours, 5pm ends the day. 9am to 5pm is not 24 hours.
The Metro system is operated differently than in Boston or New York, be aware and ask questions when in doubt, the plastic re-chargeable card is less expensive, if there is money left on it at the end of the week, note the amount and it's a great 'tip' to a deserving person.

Room Tip: The 16th floor was fine, with 3 elevators there was no delay getting up or down.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for choosing The Hyatt Arlington to stay and for taking time to share these insights about your experience. I am happy I see another satisfied guest, who appreciated our friendly attentive staff, as well as our accommodations. Thank you again for your patronage, we look forward to your return

903 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel but upon arrival the hotel overbooked and my room was no longer available. This did upset my wife to some degree. However the hotel found another room for us a bit away and put stay there was comfortable. The next day I returned to the Hyatt an the staff gave us all kind of complimentary perks for the previous night's inconvenience. The remainder of our stay was great! The restaurant was great the staff was very friendly and the rooms clean. I would definitely book at this hotel again.

Stayed March 2014
I am sorry we were unable to take care of you upon your arrival. While we experienced unexpected stay overs from some of our guests, there is no excuse for our inability to provide you with the proper accommodations. I am glad however to see that our associates did the right thing and that we were able to reverse your initial impressions. Thank you for sharing this feedback and for giving us the opportunity to make up for our mistake. We look forward to having you back when revisiting the DC area
Fairfield, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Returned home today after a three night stay at the Hyatt Arlington. The front desk/receptionists were amazingly kind, professional and efficient. Thank you!

Conveniently located to the Rosslyn Metro and reasonably priced with the locale so convenient to DC.

Would definitely return.

Stayed July 2014
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for choosing Hyatt Arlington from the many selections available to you. We value your patronage and appreciate your feedback above. We look forward to you next visit and thanks for taking the time to share this feedback.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed in this Hyatt when visiting D.C. a week ago. This is a nice hotel. It's updated, clean, reasonable price and in a very convenience location. However, there were a couple of issues during our stay:

1. I needed to call front desk half an hour after we checked in to have someone bringing in a new box of facial tissue because there were only a few pieces left in the box when we first checked in. To me, this is not acceptable for a four stars hotel. Even though they delivered a new box right away, I really think that the house keeping personnel should always check that.

2. Shower head/faucet were in bad shape. We couldn't get enough water pressure from the shower head because water was leaking out from the faucet even we pull the diverter all the way up. This is also unacceptable for a four stars hotel in my opinion. It's not a big problem to fix, and very easy for the house keeping personnel to find.

Overall, this is a nice hotel for the price we paid, and we would definitely consider staying in this hotel again next time we visit D.C. despite the two issues listed above.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you Shihfur for providing some details about your stay with me. While it seems you enjoyed your stay overall, I want to apologize for the items you mentioned. Perfection is our goal and we missed the mark, so please let me know when traveling back so I can ensure all the details are taken care of to your satisfaction. Thank you again for sharing these comments
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We had decided to go to Washington D.C. for the July 4th weekend and Priceline picked this hotel for me. I was kind of not sure based on some reviews I read but I said I will go and see for myself. Overall the hotel passes the eye test. The service was good for the most part except for the parking garage not having someone present. The breakfast buffet was adequate but expensive $80 for a family of 4($18/person+ tips). Parking was $20 per day and no free Internet in the room. The choice of food was very limited for a big city, you have to take a cab or take a very long walk. In spite of the negatives I will stay at the hotel again. By the way the Metro(subway) is next block to the hotel so you don't need a car to get around unless you want to. The room is a little small for four people unless all you do is sleep in the room. The hotel have a basic gym with treadmills, dumbbell set cetera nothing major and no pool. All of those things would have made this hotel an all-star.

Room Tip: I asked for upper floor and away from elevators.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience with me. While it seems that you were happy with some aspects of your stay, I do regret that we did not meet all of your expectations. I am also happy to see that you would stay with us again, so please consider one of our many packages that offer some of the amenities you mentioned included in the room rate. Thank you again for taking valuable time to share this feedback and rate your experience with us
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

At check-in we received an upgrade to a room on the 16th floor. Wow. Great views of Georgetown and the Rosslyn skyline. The only issue we had was construction in the lobby caused the water temperature to be freezing. Not a fun experience. There was no warning or explanation from the hotel until check-out. We would've appreciated a note indicating issues with the water temperature.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for sharing these comments with me. I do regret the emergency repairs we encountered during your recent stay. These were uncommon for our property and have been repaired same day. I apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered and hope you will allow us the opportunity to make it up to you during your next visit with us. Please let me know when traveling back to the area, so I can poersonally ensure your expectations are met.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

We had a great experience here! Easy to find! Professional and helpful staff - even at 2 am when we arrived back from NYC. We left our car in the parking garage while in NYC w no worries! Great outside sitting area for breakfast! We will visit this hotel if ever in Arlington again!

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you Contessa for sharing this feedback with me. I am glad you enjoyed your recent visit and hope you will visit us again when your travels bring you to DC. Thank you for choosing Hyatt Arlington and for rating your experience with us

Been to Hyatt Arlington? Share your experiences!