“Great launching point for DC!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #13 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Ottawa, Canada
“Great launching point for DC!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Hyatt Arlington is a great place to stay during your visit to Washington DC! The location is excellent... my husband and I are in good shape and walked both days of our visit into DC - only relying on Public Transport to get us home after a long day of touring and walking!!! The rooms are nice and clean. The only complaint I have is that the AC was a bit loud and woke me up a few times.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share this insight and for choosing Hyatt Arlington to stay on your recent trip. I am glad you were able to enjoy your visit overall and hope your experience will bring you back again soon. I also appreciate you letting me know the concern with your AC unit, as our staff has replaced with a new one. Thanks again for your time and patronage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This hotel is nice but geared more towards business travelers. There is no pool or anything for the kids. Room was large, beds are on the small side but very comfy. No breakfast and parking is pricey. But it is a quick walk to the metro. Easy to drive into DC as well. We won't stay again due to the kids but it is a nice place.

Stayed July 2014
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you Shenae for sharing this insight and I do regret our inability to offer a pool for the kids to use. We hope that if you are traveling back to this area, that you will reconsider us for another stay, so we can package some of the many kid friendly attractions surrounding the hotel for your group. Thank you again for your time in sharing your feedback and for your patronage.
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Very reasonably priced for DC area hotels, located 1 block from Rosslyn Metro stop and the 5a bus from Dulles. Easy walking distance to Arlington Cemetery and many casual, (relatively) inexpensive restaurants. Room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Bedding was great. Desk staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. Room includes small refrigerator for drinks, snacks and leftovers. The charge for internet access and a leaking shower door were the only negatives.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you Bill for choosing The Hyatt Arlington and for taking some time to share this feedback. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay overall and appreciate you bringing the leaky shower door to our attention for repair upon your departure. We look forward to having you back when traveling to the DC area in the future.. Thank you again for your patronage and time
Jackson, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

As a business traveller, I require a lot of flexibility from my hotels. I often find myself in the room at odd times working or recharging between meetings. I returned to my room around noon with a small window to get some work done and eat something. I called room service and was told that despite the fact the on site restaurant was open, room service was "closed for lunch". But he told me I was more than welcome to come down to the restaurant, order something, wait for it, and then take it back to the room myself. Well, gee thanks, but don't quite have time for that. For business travelers, the devil is in the details, and this was a major fail in my opinion. Also, paying for internet is always kind of a bummer.

Everything else was great, though.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for sharing this feedback with me. I regret the inconvenience you encountered on your lunch break, as I see you were able to enjoy other aspects of your stay. We have retrained our associates to properly accomodate such requests. I apologize once again and hope you will allow us the opportunity to reverse your impressions in the future. Thank you for your valuable time in providing these comments
South Egremont, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stayed here for 3 days. Excellent condition great service and very friendly staff.
Make sure NOT to book through Hyatt website as you will pay alot more. I used Kayak.
Great location for going into DC and sightseeing. Metro stop one block away and easy access to all highways.
The only negative is the charge for internet in your room, $11,00 per day but free in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for providing some feedback about your recent visit with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall and look forward to having you back when your travels bring you to DC in the future. Thanks you for your patronage and for taking the time to share your comments
Oberlin, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Good location and nicely equipped. However, the cleaning staff are less than observant. Trash on the floor next to the freshly emptied trash can indicates some carelessness. Cleaning staff carts (and piles of laundry) made it difficult to move into a room well past the check out time. Understaffed?

Room Tip: If walking from metro station, be advised that it is uphill. Not a mountain climb, but if you have...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to share these impressions from your recent stay. I apologize for the lack of proper housekeeping observed and despite the hotel's sold out situation, our guests should not be impacted by such activity. We have corrected our laundry situation and have addressed the training opportunities with our staff to continue improving our service. Thank you again for your valuable time and patronage
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The location of the Hyatt Arlington couldn't be better. It's less than x block to the Rosslyn Metro Station and approximately 15 minutes to any of the sites in Washington.

We got a very good rate from booking.com that we had to pre-pay months in advanced.

The room were nice and the bed was really comfortable. If only the elevator was right next door and if there hadn't been a roof full of air conditioning units and vents outside our window, it would have been perfect. It was tough getting to sleep each night with the noise. Given that we had our pre-paid reservation months in advanced we expected more the probably one, if not the worst location for a room in the entire hotel.

The staff we encountered up until the morning we checked our were cordial. The desk clerk checking out was very friendly.

We would stay there again if we could be guaranteed a quieter room.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room above the fifth or sixth floor for a quieter room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing this feedback. While it seems you enjoyed certain parts of your visit with us, I do regret our inability to meet all your expectations and that we did not provide you with a quite and comfortable experience. We are investigating these concerns and will figure out a solution so other patrons do not experience the same. Thank you again for bringing this matter to my attention and please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience

Been to Hyatt Arlington? Share your experiences!