“Great accessible room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 47 hotels in Arlington
East Hampton, New York, USA
“Great accessible room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Extremely spacious and attractive room, all freshly painted with new furniture, very clean, with an expansive urban view across the river into DC and the National Cathedral in the distance! Busy, commercial area, but we were up high and the room was quiet.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for sharing this feedback and for choosing The Hyatt Arlington to stay. I am happy to see we were able to accomodate your needs and hope you will visit us again as a result of your recent experience.

905 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

During all my trips to US in the past, I found the hotel staff not very helpful ( please note I am comparing with the hotels in asia, where the bench marks are different), but this place was an exception.
The staff was extremely helpful from the check-in to checkout . They even helped me in planning the sigh seeing trips.

Rooms are large and well furnished, but you may have to call them up for some of toiletries. I was surprised to see the refrigerator also empty, which they fill up only on request .

Another great advantage is its just 5 mins walk from the metro station.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to share this feedback with us about your recent stay. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of some our benefits. I hope your experience will bring you back again in the future and thank you once more for choosing The Hyatt Arlington.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is a clean, convenient business hotel. The property is close to all the office complexes in Rosslyn, and is a not-to-distant and very pleasant walk to Georgetown.

The place has been redesigned since I was last there five or six years ago, and the decor is modern, although the lobby area feels a little cramped.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for your time in sharing these comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall and the convenience of our location, as well as the cleanliness of the hotel. We look forward to having you back on your next trip through the area. Thank you for choosing The Hyatt Arlington
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed at this property for one night from November 7 to 8, 2013. I presented my Gold Passport membership card at check in. They did not add it too the reservation. My reservation was for 2. The room had towels and other amenities for one. I had to call Housekeeping 4 times to get towels etc. delivered to the room without success. Finally, I went down myself and collected these myself. In the morning I noticed that I left my toilet pouch at my previous hotel. They have a card in the room giving a long list of toiletries etc. that the guest can request at no charge. I called housekeeping and explained this and requested 5 items (toothbrUsh, toothpaste, comb and hair gel.) The response from the housekeeping staff was "Oh! So you want everything on the list?!! I was shocked and disappointed. When I went down to the lobby, I requested for a manager and explained the rude and unacceptable behavior of the housekeeping staff. I also explained the situation from the previous night. The manager was apologetic and promised to the staff member and call me back. He never called. At check out, I was asked "How was your stay?" I said it was not my best stay. The lady at the front desk asked me why. I told her I had already spoken to a manager who had promised to call me back but never did. I told her I am moving to the Marriott next door. She tried to get the manager to come to the front desk. The manager said he was busy. She took my phone number and said he would call me soon. 48 hours later he has not called! BTW my stay at the Marriott was fantastic. Much better staff. They gave me a city facing room on the 11th floor and treated me as an honored guest!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. I regret the impression you left with and assure you it is not the norm for our hotel. I do appreciate the valuable feedback and hope you will give us another opportunity when you are back in the area, so we can reverse those impressions you left with. Please contact my office directly should your travels bring you back so I can ensure we meet your expectations.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a spur of the moment decision for a quick business trip. I was especially drawn to the proximity to the metro which I utilize a great deal when in Washington DC. It was easy to secure the room, the bed was extremely comfortable, the room was of a decent size, and I particularly enjoyed the workout facility. I would say that the greatest attraction for me was the proximity to the metro and two other restaurants and venues in Arlington Virginia. It's also very close to the airport on the short ride on the metro. I would stay at this hotel on a return to Washington DC I would also point out that it is a short metro ride to old world Alexandria which is a nice diversion if you have the time

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your patronage and for taking time to share this feedback. I happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will visit us again when in the area. Thank you again for choosing The Hyatt Arlington.
Hilltop Lakes, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

The rooms were nice and clean the linens and beds were very comfortable. It is across the street from the Blue Line Metro System for easy access to all of Washington DC and Reagan National Airport. The staff was very courteous and friendly. I would certainly stay there again. The rooms are a little small but still very comfortable. Parking for your car is $25.00 a day but you can get it in and out all day long at that price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay and wish to thank you for choosing The Hyatt Arlington. Guest satisfaction is our top goal and we are fortunate to have a great team of genuine caring associates to serve our guests' needs. Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. We look to having you back when traveling to the area
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I recommend staying away from this hotel if you are a MCM runner due to poor customer service. I originally booked 2 nights to stay here, but plans changed and I had to leave after the MCM on Sunday. Two weeks prior to arrival, I called and asked about their late check out policy. There was none, however, I was told to call back in a week because they were going to offer a special late check out for MCM runners. One week later, I did indeed call, and was told that they were going to offer a late check out for free until 2PM, and then $50 if additional time was needed for a 4PM check out. This worked out great for me and I requested a late check out. Then on the morning that I was driving down to the Hyatt, I had to change my request from 1 bed to 2 beds and at that time, I asked if they still had the late check out offer (I like to double check everything). The lady put me on hold to speak with her manager, and she said that yes, they were offering late check outs for MCM runners, however, it was until 1PM for free, then to 3PM for $50. Whatever, 3PM still worked for me. Now when I ARRIVED at the hotel about 3 hours later, I was told 'we are no longer offering the late check out for MCM runners.' I asked how this was possible because I had JUST called that morning and was told they were. They said they could not accommodate late check outs because of the check in's coming in at 3PM. Excuse me? You knew about this well in advance that the late check out time would tie into not being able to clean rooms in time for the new check ins. The best they could offer was 1 hour later, which was 1PM. Well, as I am not an elite runner, like 95% of the runners, there was no way I was going to end up running a marathon in less than 3 hours and have time to get back to my room, shower, and check out by 1PM (the race started at 7:55AM). Instead, my friend had to go back to the room, check out while I was running, and I had to sit in the car for 3 hours immediately after the race with no shower. What infuriates me is that they pulled this stunt when I arrived at the hotel. Obviously, I had no choice but to either book another night (I refused to give them another penny) or to accept their 1PM check out time as all hotels were booked in the area. While the location is great for MCM runners, the hotel obviously took advantage of this situation and tried to scam another nights stay from us and other runners. Disgraceful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Due to the sold out weekend for this event and the prepaid requirements for these resrvations, a refund could not be granted for early departures. I regret the inconvenience you faced and hope you will allow us the opportunity to reverse your impressions. Please contact my office directly, should your future travels bring you back to the area, so we can ensure your expectations are met. thank you again fo your time in providing these comments.

Been to Hyatt Arlington? Share your experiences!