“Clean, Comfortable, and in Walking Distance to the Mall & Metro” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #17 of 47 hotels in Arlington
Denver, Colorado
“Clean, Comfortable, and in Walking Distance to the Mall & Metro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed here because the wedding we were attending had block rates here, but were pleasantly surprised. We flew into Reagan airport, and were able to take a quick, cheap metro ride over to the hotel - wonderful! The rooms were clean, everything was comfortable, and we were happy. We walked over to the Mall one day, past the Iwo Jima memorial and Arlington cemetery, and over Memorial bridge. It was a longer walk, but completely do-able. The next time we went to the mall, we took the metro (which was a lot quicker). We also went on a quick jog one morning over to Theodore Roosevelt Island, around the island, and back (~5 mile RT). We saw turtles, birds, and some other beautiful scenery. The location of this hotel is amazing, and I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Arlington and for taking the time to share this feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to your future return visits. Thank you once again for your time in writing this review.

918 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I chose the Hyatt Arlington because my late dad's burial at Arlington National Cemetery was scheduled for July 31, 2013, and the hotel is a little over half a mile to the cemetery. It was also a good choice as the Rosslyn Metro station was a block from the hotel, and the metro is the only way to travel into downtown Washington D.C.

I was warmly greeted at check-in, and it took no time to check in. The lobby was small and rather low key, but it didn't bother me as the Hyatt Arlington is a smaller version of the Hyatt Crystal City which is what I was looking for.

The room was fantastic! Recently renovated with a VERY comfortable bed! The room also had decent lighting which often lacks in hotel rooms. I loved the huge glass and travertine shower, and I could have held a small cocktail party in it! Great water pressure too!. I slept very well, and the hotel was quiet at night which I loved and demand.

My hotel package came with the breakfast buffet which was served at the Hyatt's restaurant on the second floor. The breakfast was fabulous. Cooked-to-order omelets, scrambled eggs, different cold cereals, hot homemade oatmeal (which I had everyday), various rolls, bagels, muffins, coffee cake and assorted fresh fruit, fruit juice, coffee, etc. I thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast buffet. Coffee was very good, and hot!

I would definitely recommend the Hyatt Arlington and I look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room, Floors 12 and above.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It seems you were able to enjoy many of the benefits our hotel has to offer. thank you for choosing The Hyatt Arlington and for your time in writing this review. I hope this experience will bring you back for many more stays in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Although the $20 a night parking was a big surprise and the only complaint we had. We had a great view and all staff was polite and courteous. Rooms were very comfortable. The kids were happy there was a mini frig.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your time in sharing this feedback. I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to your return visits. Thank you for choosing The Hyatt Arlington
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed in this hotel in Aug 2013. Ours was a family visit with kids. The biggest plus about this hotel is its location next to the Metro. The rooms were clean and bed comfortable.

However, what negated the good was the staff.

Strike 1: I was having a hard time finding the hotel and kept circling the block a couple times. Finally when I called them to ask for directions, the lady on the phone put me on interminable hold. When I called back again, all she did was give me the address, advising me to use my GPS to get there! My phone doubles up as GPS; it had almost run out of juice and it was past midnight. The fact that I let her know I had screaming kids in the car and could use her assistance didn't help. Frustrated beyond belief for such treatment by someone at a Hyatt, I finally managed to find the hotel before my phone died.

Strike 2: On getting to the hotel, the same lady was equally rude checking us in. No smile, no information on the restaurant on premises. There was no attempt to make us feel welcomed.

Strike 3: At checkout, there was a line that made us wait 15+ minutes. I understand being understaffed during the night, but at noon? The checkout kiosk wouldn't work, so I had to wait while the sole clerk checked people in and out. A guest ahead of me had some problem with their invoice and the clerk was busy straightening it out, and the guest kept popping in and out of the line.

Bottom-line: The room itself was good, but it's a shame the management has employed people who just do not care. I would not go back here nor would I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide this feedback. I regret the inconvenience you encountered upon your arrival to the property. Our associates should be able to assist you with directions and offer a speedy check-in no matter what time your arrival is to our hotel The overnight situation you encountered was not typical of our hotel and service. While our desk associates were also helping many guests during your departure time, they should have been able to address your needs in quick fashion. Please contact my office directly so I can properly address your concerns when your time permits and thank you once again for sharing this valuable feedback.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Room is comfortable. Location of this property is far off from tourist attractions but as it's located next to a subway stop that links to the attractions, it still makes the hotel accessible to the tourist stretch/areas. Parking is not free and you have to pay $20 excl taxes to park daily at the hotel.

Not much eating out options available, though it has Ruby Tuesday and MacDonald's across the road from it. For better food, the area behind White House offers more options.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you Violet for sharing this feedback. Thank you also for choosing The Hyatt Arlington. I hope your overall experience will bring you back for future stays. Please feel free to contact my office directly, should your travels bring you back, so I can assist you with area information prior to your arrival. Thank you again for your time in providing this insight.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights, the location is great, next to many stores and the subway station. First was allocated to a twin bed room while I called in advance asking specifically for a king size bed. The bell boy was literally staying next to the taxi as we arrived and looked at us carrying our luggage and don't even ask if we want help. One of the nights I went to the bar asking for a glass and they let me wait for 20 min after which they sent me to the restaurant. Very simple gym, no swimming pool and expensive parking. Overall ok stay, I won't return to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your impressions of our hotel. While I regret reading about your experience, I do take these comments seriously as lessons for us to continue to improve. I would wlecome the opportunity to discuss the specifics with you if your time allows. Please contact my office directly so I can gather more details of your experience. Thank you again for sharing your feedback
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We travel a lot and we know a good family hotel when we see one. We spent two nights at this hotel and discovered right away that they have no hotel even when the description we had showed it as a feature of the hotel. During the check in, they managed to squeeze me for $20 per night for my car? was not listed on their brochure, the ladies at the front desk need some retraining on the Hospitality, they are often rude and don't want to be bothered.
Will not recommend this hotel for family trips, the hotel is located near all the big attractions but lacks the basic amenities and has rude staff.

The bed sheets are stiff and made of cheap material, very uncomfortable during the summer as they do not absorb sweat. I can honestly say that I regret visiting this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room elsewhere.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you Hanson for taking time to share your impressions of our hotel and service. I regret your dissatisfaction with our lack of pool facilities and service. Although we do not advertise any amenities that we are unable to provide, our pricing for parking & Internet is very competitive with and in some cases less than other hotels in this Downtown area. Thank you again for taking the time to share your opinion with me and I hope we may have a future opportunity to reverse your negative impression of our hotel and service.

Been to Hyatt Arlington? Share your experiences!