“Great staff and service made my stay GREAT!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #17 of 47 hotels in Arlington
“Great staff and service made my stay GREAT!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I was welcomed by a warm and friendly staff. They provided me with the services I needed, like directions, check in, and taxi, promptly. The room was nice, clean, and updated. The fitness center was small but functional. Great location if doing business in Arlington as the metro stop is just across the street. The only negative for me was no pool, but I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed March 2013
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Thank you Lorenas for taking the time to write about your experience with us. I appreciate your patronage and I am glad to see you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us. We look forward to your future returns and thank you once again for your time.

905 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Pine City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Great location close to metro station, CVS pharmacy (which had food), restaurants and bike rentals. Downfall, more of a business district no pool or attractions close by to keep kids busy. More of a hotel for adults. Fairly quiet and would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you Amanda for your patronage and for selecting the Hyatt. I appreciate your time in sharing this feedback and look forward to your return visits to our hotel.
Lititz, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was my second stay at the Hyatt Arlington. It is a clean, comfortable hotel with a helpful, frinedly staff.

It it easy to get to from DC from several bridges. There is metro station less than 1 block away. One can walk safely to the Marine Corps Memorial (Iwo Jima Flag raising statue) and Arlington Cemetary.

There is a Starbucks in the bar for a quick breakfast or a buffet / full service in the restaurant.
There is Valet or self parking in the garage below the hotel and the room key activates the in and out.

Next trip to Arlington / DC would be at the Hyatt again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you Scott for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We appreciate your patronage and we are glad you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us. We look forward to your return again in the near future. Thank you again for your time
Jersey City, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Ok... So when I first walked into the lobby I was greeted by a small but cozy lobby and friendly staff. I arrived to my king-bed room and was immediately impressed by the following:
1. Decor- contemporary & sheek
2. Bathroom- I was disappointed there was no tub but the shower was beautiful & I love when the shampoo/ soaps have the ingredients listed because I'm allergic to a lot of products
3. Room service- was very quick & as a special plus, there was a small bouquet of flowers on my tray- was a nice touch!
4. Cute "good night" saying on a card on my pillow

The next night I arrived back to my room, exhausted and hungry, and when I got to my room I could hear an entire conversation- it sounded like someone was talking in my room but there was nobody there. I finally traced the sound to the heating vent. It was super annoying and I complained to the front desk who told me security would be coming up to my room to address the issue. I waited. And I waited. And I waited. I was holding up my dinner plans to wait for staff and when no one came I called down to the front desk who told me that they sent security up to tell the people around me to quiet down. I was infuriated- I told them that I was waiting for them and that had they followed through with their promise to send security to my room they would have learned that the complaint was NOT about the people around me but about the sound quality of the building structure. So then they sent security right away and basically told me that the hotel was almost sold out but they could try to find me another room.

So they put me in another room, same size room but with two beds instead of one king- and though the noise from the vents was still audible at times, it wasn't as bad. What WAS almost as bad was all the noise outside my room- slamming doors, laughing, talking, etc. This is not at all a reflection- in my opinion- on the people around me- it's a reflection on the poor building structure of this hotel. I've stayed in thousands of hotels in my lifetime- this was, by far, the least sound-proof hotel I have ever stayed in.

So, all in all, I loved the little niceties (note on pillow/ flowers/ decor) but I hated the sound quality to the extent that I would never stay here again.

PROS:
decor
bed was comfortable
bath towels were good
location to Metro
friendly staff

CONS:
*found several large hairs- that were not mine- in the bathroom upon arrival
*the bag that the hairdryer was kept in was nasty
*the water smelled kind of gross
*there was no swimming pool
*charging for internet use is ridiculous in this day and age- I got it for free because I signed up for the Gold Membership (which I'll never use, because I'm going back to Marriott) but I would never have paid it- plus it was out of commission for over a day which would have seriously annoyed me if I HAD paid for it
*when they switched rooms I went from a room with a king bed and shower only, so I didn't like not having a bathtub, but then I was in a room with two beds and a bathtub- which was great, except for the fact that the tub was TINY! I'm a petite woman and it was annoying taking a shower with the small tub because it was like the tub was pressing against my feet
*also, in the room with the king size bed there was also an extra lamp- when I was switched to the other room there was one less lamp, and it made a difference! I don't understand why they would make less light- didn't make sense to me

In addition, I wasn't really a fan of the location, but that's not a reflection on the hotel. The Metro was not RIGHT across the street- it was more like a block away, and it wasn't really very safe to me, as a petite woman, at night. Plus there's like NOTHING in the immediate area except for Ruby Tuesday across the street.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Keira for sharing this detailed feedback about your recent stay with us. Although you shared both positive and some not so positive impressions of our hotel, it is our goal to satisfy every guest staying with us. We hope that you will return to the area and give us another opportunity to meet ALL of your expectations, so please contact my office directly upon planning your next trip to DC. Thank you again for your patronage and taking the time to share your comments.
US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Appreciated the great location. Technically in Virginia, but DC is easily accessible. The Metro is just steps away and it's only one stop across the river. Easy to get into DC, so if you find a rate here that's well below a DC hotel, you should take it, as you won't be that far from key tourist sights. It's in a safe neighborhood, but a fairly dull one of generic high rise buildings. There is a part of Arlington with nightlife, but that's a couple subway stops away. (Btw, the parking garage where Woodward met with Deep Throat is right across the street. Check it out - there's a historical marker.)

Asked if there were any rooms with views and got a high floor room. But the view was just with other buildings, which is what the desk person told me. Someone else told me there are some rooms that look over the river to the Georgetown campus. Rooms were clean, with fridges and a spacious bathroom. Nice products. Quality beds with decent linens.

Was there for a conference, so had some of the food in the meetings. Nothing special, but not bad at all for a chain hotel.

Front desk staff was friendly, but surprisingly young. They knew their hotel quite well, but were sometimes at a bit of a loss with questions about the local area or recommendations. Godawful 90s fratguy music on the speakers in the common areas. Somewhere Smashmouth is getting a fat royalty check.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for your time in sharing the insight on your experience. I am glad you enjoyed your brief stay, as we look forward to your return for future visits. Thank you again for your patronage and for your feedback.
Stratford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This location can be added to the list of venues that give Hyatt hotels their great reputation. The place is sparkling, the rooms clean and comfortable. One unusual feature is they provide toothpaste in the bathroom.

Their pricey restaurant is outstanding; so good that we ate there three consecutive nights despite the fact that there were cheaper restaurants within walking distance. The Seafood Fettucini was tasteful. The steak was perfect. I have never had good steak in a general-purpose restaurant. I find you have to go to a steakhouse.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you for your time in sharing this experience. We hope your recent stay will prompt return visits, allowing us to continue exceeding your expectations. Thank you again for staying with us and for giving us the opportunity to serve you.
Friendsville, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We went with a ROTC school trip March 2012, as a parent chaperone. Staying at the Hyatt Arlington was not a good choice for this trip, there are better places in Washington.
Good: 1. Very close to the Rosslyn metro. Within a block from the CVS and a grocery store. Some of the front desk staff (specifically the men that stocks the small shop and Robert) are outstandingly helpful. Elevators are reasonably fast. Elevator requires a key card after 8pm. Front staff was helpful when we required copies and had to move some kids around. Neighborhood seems fairly safe. Rooms are clean, has a connector for audio/video by the TV.
Mediocre: No pool, but oh well, parking is tight, anything over a small SUV would be almost impossible to park. Parking is 20 dollars a day.
Linen is pedestrian. pillows are ok, but not great, at least there are more than two. View is of other buildings and the street, which is better than I usually get (I usually get the Air conditioner view)
When I asked the front desk about area restaurants, they did not have a recommendation except that they had heard that they were OK.
Bad: Internet service is $9.95 a day for four devices. Why?
Walls are thin, but I noticed that I could hear the room clearly next to us through the heating ductwork. Our kids were not being loud.
We requested a breakfast consisting of an all american breakfast, but apparently there was a miscommunication. Breakfast was $16 dollars (I think we ended up paying $14) for liquid eggs out of a carton, Cereal, cold potatoes, warm juice, bread (toasters were in a different room) and the smallest cereal bowls I have seen. The next day they added bacon. Not a good deal, not hot, and the only person we had doing service was one lady who did her best to keep the room straight. We never saw any other kitchen staff, and other hotel guests just went and helped themselves to our breakfast because it was set out in a public hallway.
We did have a complaint on our kids for slamming doors, we weren't aware that we didn't have the entire floor, so to the man in 505, sorry about that. For the most part, our kids are very well behaved, but when they were waiting for our bus, (in Air Force JROTC uniform) we did get the stinkeye from another hotel guest. Our kids attempted to be polite to her, but she was pretty nasty to them.
WI FI is NOT FREE....let me reiterate this....WIFI is NOT FREE. Neither is anything else. Washington is expensive anyway, but everything was overpriced at the hyatt. $5 for a bottle of water should have gold flakes in it, and be served by a butler on a gold plate.
Parking for our bus in away from the hotel in what seemed like a sketchy area, but nobody messed with it.
Would I stay here if it wasn't a school trip....No. The kids weren't impressed, and neither was I.

Room Tip: Rooms are average.