“This hotel is conveniently located to the Rosslyn station. That's it.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Arlington

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Houston, Texas
“This hotel is conveniently located to the Rosslyn station. That's it.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Unfortunately I have had bad luck at this particular hotel. It is VERY conveniently located for access to the Metro, just a 5 minute walk up the hill from the Rosslyn station on the blue (and orange) line. Its easy to get to Reagan airport or into the city, or you can walk across the bridge to Georgetown. Unfortunately the hotel itself disappoints. Rooms are loud, TV's buzz, service is so-so. It is reasonably priced, but it really isn't a luxury quality hotel despite being a Hyatt.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Mr. Hou, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Despite our location, it seems we failed to meet your expectations. Please contact my office directly upon your intent to return to the area, so I can insure we deliver the service you expect during your travels. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know of your experience, so we may work on these opportunities.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Very close to Roselyn metro station. Maybe 10-15 min from Lincoln Memorial. A lot of restaurants close by to choose from: great pizza up the street, Ruby Tuesdays across the street. Nice staff. Not a lot going on in the evening though- seems to be business oriented place and dies down in the evening. I would def recommend this hotel for short stay close to DC.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your future return visits. When you return to the area, you can check out a wide variety of restuarnats, shops and entertainment venues within a short walk or a cab ride. Always hopping Georgetown is just 2 miles away across the Key bridge and with the metro across the street, you can take the blue or orange lines just one stop for a greater assortment of fun places to see and hang out at. Thank you again for your feedback.
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I cannot say enough about the location of this hotel. It is steps from the Rosslyn METRO station which also has a direct bus to Dulles making it actually convenient even to Dulles - for which little is convenient. There are a number of decent places to eat in the neighborhood though Rosslyn pretty much dies each evening after business hours.

However - I would not have stayed here if given the choice. This hotel is very clean and modern with very comfortable beds/pillows. The gym is small but modern. The walls really are thin and doors seem to slam all night long. Also, the HVAC unit is right next to the pillow of one of the beds which means that it blows directly (10 inches away) onto the bed. That was VERY irritating. Overall, the property feels like a very compact version of what wants to be a more luxurious hotel. The staff, however, has been wonderful. I don't hold their corporate policy against them. What really gets me is the value - or lack of it. The rate that I received includes nothing at all. No breakfast, no nothing...Breakfasts, even lackluster ones have become a staple of the hotel industry. It seems that the higher-end brands haven't gone in that direction. Internet is also NOT included and costs $10 per day. I expressed my "dismay" and was given the Internet. But, it's frustrating to see that other guests have received far more amenities at a lower rate than Hyatt is charging me.

My recommendation is that, unless you are looking for a romantic weekend-type experience, you can get a far better value for your stay at the Virginian Suites hotel - only 7 minutes away by foot.

Room Tip: Road noise is pretty significant at this property. Recommend higher floors but even the higher floo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the team to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Although you highlight many of the positives about our hotel, it seems we missed your expectations on meeting your value needs. Please note there are various inclusive rates being offered all the time in addition to several "limited time" promotional ones which appear for brief periods. Overall we focus on remaining competitive in pricing on all that we offer, similar to our area hotel partners. The difference is our superior product, our great location and our caring responsive staff, as you mentioned in your review. Please keep an eye out for promotional value rates when they appear and please let us know when you travel back to the area, so we can get the opportunity to exceed your expectations. Thank you again for your valuable time.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last month for two nights. My room was clean and comfortable and the staff was incredibly welcoming and friendly. The hotel is located directly across from the Rosslyn metro station, which was really convenient for getting to and from both the airport and the Mall for most of the attractions, as well as Old Town (a 10-15 minute ride to most). The metro is easy to navigate and being this close to it has to be one of the biggest draws. It seems to be located in a business district (Boeing is right across the street), so it was very quiet most times and I honestly didn't explore the neighborhood much since I was mostly in DC itself. There seems to be a number of restaurants close by as well as your usual fast food places,so if you're inclined to stay in the area, there won't be a shortage of places to eat.

The elevators lock down after a certain time (8?) and need your key card to operate. I learned this embarrassingly enough by standing in a non-moving elevator for about 3 minutes until another guest came in and showed me how it was done. The only hitch during my stay was that the elevators broke down one evening and I was on the 12th floor, but this was remedied very quickly.

I would definitely stay here again on another trip and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
I am glad you were able to enjoy your brief stay with us and thank you for sharing this feedback. We strive to exceed our guests' expectations and our friendly staff do a great job in taking care of our patron's needs. Our elevators have been programed to key access only after 8PM, to insure the safety and security of our registered guests. We aplogize if this may have caused an inconvenience for you, but it seems not to have affected your overall impressions of the property. We look forward to your future return visits and sincerely appreciate the time you took to write about your experience.
Clearwater
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We got a very good price from travelzoo. $75 per night including full breakfast and free wifi. Our room was excellent at 15th floor and nice view. Hotel service was great and everybody so friendly. Just one thing we did not like was noise issue. You can hear all noise, your neighbor , elevator,... It was not good. Other than that I would like to recommend this hotel to everybody.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for selecting our hotel as the location for your brief getaway. I regret the inconvenience you encountered from noise levels in your room and we are addressing the matter with diligence. It seems however, you were satisfied overall with the property, location and our great staff, so we look forward to your return visit and stay with us. Thank you again for your time and for your patronage.
Wallingford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We got a great deal on this hotel through Groupon that also included free Wifi, so we decided to stay here for our weekend trip to D.C. The location was perfect, right around the corner from the Metro and we were also within walking distance to local restaurants, etc. It was very close to the Iwo Jima Memorial and Arlington National Cemetery. It was only a short ride on the Metro to get into D.C. as well. Probably only 4 or 5 minutes or so.

The front desk people were so friendly and helpful. The hotel itself and rooms are very modern and updated with nice decor. It is very clean and comfortable. The only downside was that we ended up getting a room with a connecting door and could hear every single word our neighbor would say. Every cough, every sneeze - we could even identify what show they were watching on TV. It was kind of awkward. So if you can avoid getting a connecting room, you should. That is the only bad thing I can say about this place though.

Room Tip: Avoid connecting rooms unless you want to hear your neighbors business.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share this feedback. I am glad you were able to take advantage of this promotional offer. It was great to also see you enjoyed our location, the staff, service and accomodations. I do regret the sound issue you encountered, and we are currently addressing this concern with our engineering team. We look forward to your future returns and the opportunity for us to exceed your expectations for upcoming visits. Thank you once again for taking the time to write about your experience.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I read a few good reviews prior to coming to this Hyatt in Arlington. I booked a weekend trip with my Fiance and his son for 3 days to sight see Washington D.C. I got a great deal at this Hyatt in Arlington from Groupon which was just about 15-20 min from DC. The fact that I had this groupon deal for $79 bucks a night made our trip easy, upon check in, all my info was there. Check in and check out were super easy. They even let us check in earlier than the Check in time of 3pm. Which was great because after arriving from Bolt Bus from NY all we wanted to do was drop off our baggage and take a shower and quick nap before some evening sightseeing.

The room was a double bed and was always clean and had beds made with new towels ready. We had room service once and although there wasn't really a place to eat in the room for the three of us the food from their Cityhouse Restaurant was great! We ended up eating the all american buffet breakfast for $18 that they had two days in a row. Which happened to save us less since they had a current promotion that kids ate free. We had a chef make us any kind of omelette we wanted as well as all you can eat BACON, and yogurt and the freshest fruit!

Another good point was that they had a emoty decent size fridge and we saw a Microwave by the Ice machine on the third floor (not sure if the microwave was on any other floor). This saved us some cash because we would just pick up snacks and drinks from CVS or Rite Aid to save us money on dining out.

Also let me not forget that the Orange and blue line Metro (Rosslyn Station) is right across the street. A cab ride to Union Station cost us just $14.50 but after we found that the Metro was so convenient, we skipped the cab on our way back home and simply took our luggage into the metro.

Gym which was open 24hrs! Cityhouse Restaurant 2nd Floor, Ruby Tuesdays across the street and Starbucks down the block!

I know this was a long review but also my first! I wanted to make sure I addressed everything so that you reading can feel comfortable if ever going to the Hyatt in Arlington.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are fortunate to have a great hotel in a great location with easy access to all there is to see and do. We hope you will return when you can stay longer and give us the opportunity to continue exceeding your expectations. Thank you again for taking time to write this review.

Been to Hyatt Arlington? Share your experiences!