“Convenient, comfortable hotel near Reagan National Airport and DC attractions” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Arlington

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #16 of 47 hotels in Arlington
New York City, New York
“Convenient, comfortable hotel near Reagan National Airport and DC attractions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last month for two nights. My room was clean and comfortable and the staff was incredibly welcoming and friendly. The hotel is located directly across from the Rosslyn metro station, which was really convenient for getting to and from both the airport and the Mall for most of the attractions, as well as Old Town (a 10-15 minute ride to most). The metro is easy to navigate and being this close to it has to be one of the biggest draws. It seems to be located in a business district (Boeing is right across the street), so it was very quiet most times and I honestly didn't explore the neighborhood much since I was mostly in DC itself. There seems to be a number of restaurants close by as well as your usual fast food places,so if you're inclined to stay in the area, there won't be a shortage of places to eat.

The elevators lock down after a certain time (8?) and need your key card to operate. I learned this embarrassingly enough by standing in a non-moving elevator for about 3 minutes until another guest came in and showed me how it was done. The only hitch during my stay was that the elevators broke down one evening and I was on the 12th floor, but this was remedied very quickly.

I would definitely stay here again on another trip and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
I am glad you were able to enjoy your brief stay with us and thank you for sharing this feedback. We strive to exceed our guests' expectations and our friendly staff do a great job in taking care of our patron's needs. Our elevators have been programed to key access only after 8PM, to insure the safety and security of our registered guests. We aplogize if this may have caused an inconvenience for you, but it seems not to have affected your overall impressions of the property. We look forward to your future return visits and sincerely appreciate the time you took to write about your experience.

902 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Clearwater
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We got a very good price from travelzoo. $75 per night including full breakfast and free wifi. Our room was excellent at 15th floor and nice view. Hotel service was great and everybody so friendly. Just one thing we did not like was noise issue. You can hear all noise, your neighbor , elevator,... It was not good. Other than that I would like to recommend this hotel to everybody.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for selecting our hotel as the location for your brief getaway. I regret the inconvenience you encountered from noise levels in your room and we are addressing the matter with diligence. It seems however, you were satisfied overall with the property, location and our great staff, so we look forward to your return visit and stay with us. Thank you again for your time and for your patronage.
Wallingford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We got a great deal on this hotel through Groupon that also included free Wifi, so we decided to stay here for our weekend trip to D.C. The location was perfect, right around the corner from the Metro and we were also within walking distance to local restaurants, etc. It was very close to the Iwo Jima Memorial and Arlington National Cemetery. It was only a short ride on the Metro to get into D.C. as well. Probably only 4 or 5 minutes or so.

The front desk people were so friendly and helpful. The hotel itself and rooms are very modern and updated with nice decor. It is very clean and comfortable. The only downside was that we ended up getting a room with a connecting door and could hear every single word our neighbor would say. Every cough, every sneeze - we could even identify what show they were watching on TV. It was kind of awkward. So if you can avoid getting a connecting room, you should. That is the only bad thing I can say about this place though.

Room Tip: Avoid connecting rooms unless you want to hear your neighbors business.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share this feedback. I am glad you were able to take advantage of this promotional offer. It was great to also see you enjoyed our location, the staff, service and accomodations. I do regret the sound issue you encountered, and we are currently addressing this concern with our engineering team. We look forward to your future returns and the opportunity for us to exceed your expectations for upcoming visits. Thank you once again for taking the time to write about your experience.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I read a few good reviews prior to coming to this Hyatt in Arlington. I booked a weekend trip with my Fiance and his son for 3 days to sight see Washington D.C. I got a great deal at this Hyatt in Arlington from Groupon which was just about 15-20 min from DC. The fact that I had this groupon deal for $79 bucks a night made our trip easy, upon check in, all my info was there. Check in and check out were super easy. They even let us check in earlier than the Check in time of 3pm. Which was great because after arriving from Bolt Bus from NY all we wanted to do was drop off our baggage and take a shower and quick nap before some evening sightseeing.

The room was a double bed and was always clean and had beds made with new towels ready. We had room service once and although there wasn't really a place to eat in the room for the three of us the food from their Cityhouse Restaurant was great! We ended up eating the all american buffet breakfast for $18 that they had two days in a row. Which happened to save us less since they had a current promotion that kids ate free. We had a chef make us any kind of omelette we wanted as well as all you can eat BACON, and yogurt and the freshest fruit!

Another good point was that they had a emoty decent size fridge and we saw a Microwave by the Ice machine on the third floor (not sure if the microwave was on any other floor). This saved us some cash because we would just pick up snacks and drinks from CVS or Rite Aid to save us money on dining out.

Also let me not forget that the Orange and blue line Metro (Rosslyn Station) is right across the street. A cab ride to Union Station cost us just $14.50 but after we found that the Metro was so convenient, we skipped the cab on our way back home and simply took our luggage into the metro.

Gym which was open 24hrs! Cityhouse Restaurant 2nd Floor, Ruby Tuesdays across the street and Starbucks down the block!

I know this was a long review but also my first! I wanted to make sure I addressed everything so that you reading can feel comfortable if ever going to the Hyatt in Arlington.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are fortunate to have a great hotel in a great location with easy access to all there is to see and do. We hope you will return when you can stay longer and give us the opportunity to continue exceeding your expectations. Thank you again for taking time to write this review.
Middletown, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Great location. Close to the DC attractions with routes that are easy to navigate. There are several really good restaurants within walking distance. Located across the street from a Metro station. The staff could not have been better. I never had to wait for anything. Recommend using the valet service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Michael for your time and patronage. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate you sharing your experience. We look forward to your return.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stayed here over the weekend. Nice property. Good location. Although I felt it was not as good as other Hyatt's I have stayed in. The walls are paper thin so you could basically hear everything that is going on in the room next to yours. The housekeeping only starts cleaning at 2 pm which was a bit inconvenient. Otherwise, the front desk were very polite and service was good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing this feedback. We continiously strive to exceed our guests' expectations and it was good to see our staff made a positive impression, however we have obviously missed our goal and causing you inconvenience. I regret that we failed to meet your needs and hope that you will give us another opportunity when your travels bring you back to the area. Please contact my office directly upon making your next reservation, so I can insure our accomodations are as you expect them to be. Thank you for taking the time to provide these valuable comments, to help us focus on improving the overall experience for our guests.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This hotel is almost perfect! It is located right across the street from the metro, in a really damn good location for DC itself, and very close to the freeways. the rooms were really excellent and very clean! No Bed BUGS!! The valet was good and prompt and so was housekeeping services. The hotel is just about perfect. So why no excellent score? I think the expense of the internet is why. I very much understand why hotels charge for internet. However, I still think that it should be included in the cost of the hotel; either the hotel absorbs the costs itself, or passes it on to the customer but make it part of the total costs for the room. Charging an added extra cost seems like they need to "nickle-dime" you for everything. But other than that, I do recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: get a higher floor room: for better view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Jonathan, thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. We do strive for perfection and it is great to see that you enjoyed our experienced our caring staff and service, as well as our new look and yes we are fortunate to have a great location. We have heard similar requests on the internet charge and for that we have created a business rate, which you can upgrade to and it will include your internet and breakfast, making it easy to manage your expense report. Please look for this rate when making your next reservation with us. Thank you again for your time in writting these comments as they are very important to our continuous improvement efforts.

Been to Hyatt Arlington? Share your experiences!