“First time visitors” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 47 hotels in Arlington
Charlotte, North Carolina
“First time visitors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The hotel was ideally located. It was very close to the metro and provided ease of access into Washington DC. The hotel room was modern, clean and nicely furnished. The walls seem to be paper thin because my sleep was interrupted by conversations taking place in adjacent rooms. Some staff were more helpful than others. I was able to arrange a tour of DC that picked me up directly from the hotel. That was an added bonus. The on-site restaurant served a good breakfast buffet although it was a bit pricey. All in all, I would plan another trip to this location but would be more specific in my room request.

Room Tip: Stay away from adjacent rooms if you are wanting a good night's sleep

901 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
calabash nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel Dec 18, 19 2012.This Hyatt is very convenient to the Metro, right across the street and just a ten minute ride into the heart of Washington DC. We got a $99 rate including parking on the internet and was upgraded to a very nice room on the 15th floor. Elevators were fast and efficient and parking level was right under the hotel.Very well lit and felt safe. The staff was courteous and efficient. The room walls are very thin, I could hear the man next door blowing his nose! The beds were extremely comfortable and all in all the room was spacious, clean and modern. Coffee pot and refrigerator was provided in the room. We did not find a lot of restaurant choices close to the hotel. A Ruby Tuesday's across the street was dirty and food low quality. We did have dinner at the hotel restaurant and found it very good and reasonable with a nice atmosphere. The metro offers a $10 senior rate (over 65)and enabled us to ride the Metro 7-8 times throughout the day for two days. A good bargain. Arlington cemetary is close to this hotel. I thoroughly enjoyed the sights in Washington and would definitely stay here again.

Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed for 1 week and we had a great, great hospitality, great hotel, easy to find, comfortable and spacious parking. dream bedroom and extreme tranquility, clean and gym included in the price.large parking lot and bathrooms with soaps quality

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Southold, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

We had a great deal through TravelZoo, and this visit was amazing. The front desk was friendly and knowledgeable. Very well trained. The restaurant staff was helpful, and went out of their way to find what we needed. The workout room is very clean, and easy to use, but there should be spray bottles for after the workout.
We'll be back!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

So far the area is very nice great places to eat. Cvs and grocery store within 2 minutes walk. Hotel is very noisy! Walls are thin, airport noise, heating equipment loud outside of window. Rooms are nice and new. Plenty of plugs for electronics. Tv system is the best I have seen for a long time. We booked it for $75/ night. Can't beat it. Location, location, location!

Swedesboro, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed at Hyatt Arlington Christmas Eve. It seemed like the front desk staff just didn't have a clue. They made us leave $50 at the desk for incidentals . We didn't want our debit cards tied up for 10 days. We needed to use the steps due to my fear of elevators . It took them over 30 mins each time to figure out how to get us into the locked stairwell. When we left we got stuck in the stairwell causing me to have a panic attack. I had to call the front desk from my cell phone to get me out. All and all it was an awful stay . Rooms were very small for a 4 star hotel and shower was moldy

• Stayed December 2012
jimmarino, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post. Please accept my apologies for the difficulty you experienced when trying to use our stairs. Our staff has been instructed in this area to prevent a recurrence of the issue in the future. Please know that all guests are required to have a $50/day authorization on a credit or debit card, or the same amount in a cash deposit, based on the length of stay. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back to Hyatt Arlington. I am confident you will find out staff well trained in the use of stairs. Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to post.

Jim Marino
Swedesboro NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt in Arlington 12/24-12/25 and it was awful.I called the property twice and emailed them once asking if they had stairs I could climb to get to our room. Im very claustropobic and dont use elevators.When we got there I was informed that the steps were locked and I could only get to the room by elevator. After 30 minutes They finally got the bellhop to unlock the stairs for me.They promised me that after we went out to church and come back that someone would unlock the stairs for me again.The people at the desk were supposed to leave a note for the night auditor to have the bellhop open the steps for me.They never past that note along. It took another 30 mins at 130am to get back up to our room.
When we left this morning I got stuck in the stairwell.The door was locked leaving the hotel and said alarm would sound if I opened door.I was in a panic.I had to call the front desk for my cell phone to let me out. It was a really bad stay.Also the shower was dirty and moldy.This is not what you would expect from a 4 star hotel.Most of the staff seemed to be foreign and didnt understand what I was saying

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post. Please accept my apologies for a trying experience using our stairs. Our staff has been instructed on the proper procedures for any guests who do not wish to use the elevators. I hope you do come back to Hyatt Arlington. I am sure you will experience the high level of customer service one expects from a Hyatt, and for which we are usually known. Thank you again for taking the time to post.

Jim Marino

Been to Hyatt Arlington? Share your experiences!