“Functional Hotel within Easy Metro Ride of Washington, D.C.” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #17 of 47 hotels in Arlington
Los Angeles, CA
“Functional Hotel within Easy Metro Ride of Washington, D.C.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

Modern hotel with nice sized rooms and reasonable amenities. Priced competitively for area. Stayed in adequately spacious room with one King Sized bed. Toilet seemed to be a regular problem, but other than that there were no problems. A/C was good which is important in Washington, D.C. area summer heat and humidity. Rosslyn Station for both Orange and Blue Metro lines is just around the corner and metro provides a quick trip into downtown D.C. once one figures out the ticket machines. Also, fairly easy cab distance (even walkable) up to Georgetown University across the Potomac (there are no subway stops in Georgetown and few hotels anywhere near the university). Hotel restaurant is spacious enough for meetings, but service is not always prompt. Lobby is inadequate for meetings, but rather is a busy locus for check-in and check-out. Staff was friendly and helpful, even when the aforementioned toilet failed to work adequately.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

906 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
springfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for the fifth time since January of this year. Each time the staff just gets more friendly and helpful. This does not appear to be a function of being recognized just a feeling that everyone wants your stay to be a pleasant as possible. The rooms are well appointed and are very clean. The buffet breakfast has everybthing one good want and the hotel is very reasonably priced.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Sonoma County
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

I stayed 5 nights in mid-June as a solo traveler. From the moment I checked in, Sasho was an incredible front desk person; polite, humorous and professional. The bellhop (sorry if this isn't your official job title Frances!) was also a hoot, and gladly took pictures of myself and a friend I'd not seen in 18 years as she arrived at the hotel.

While it was nice to have my room was on the 16th (highest) floor, it had an adjoining guest room that was accesible by 2 thin doors. Hence, I heard most of what was happening in that room when when both parties were in residence. Ick.

I also had a big glass shower enclosure with no bath, as several other people have already commented. I am a HUGE bath taker when on vacation, so I missed that very much. Otherwise, the room was clean, well-appointed and comfortable, if not a bit small.

My rate (AAA) included the full buffet breakfast which was okay, although there were not many new choices from day to day and most items were not hot, or even warm. But hey, I'm not complaining. It was "free", right? I also want to say that I felt safe throughout my visit. The neighborhood was lovely and just a block from the metro (which wasn't exactly " lovely"), but efficient at getting me where I was going.

Finally, I highly recommend hired my hired car driver, Sion Lee. I found him on the hotel's web site to transport me to and from Dulles for my arrival and departure. He was on time, cordial and very kind to me. Overall, this trip was awesome!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Rowland Heights, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

the hotel is very conveniently located, close to public transportation and very clean. above all, the staff, from the door man to the restaurant, especially the front desk staff were all very helpful, friendly and accomodating! we had a little issue on the first day, but Sasho, of the front desk was prompt to take care of it with a smile on his face! the hotel was resonably priced and the bed was extremely comfortable!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

Especially during the summer when it's hot and humid, you want your hotel to be close to a metro stop. And this one is right next to the Rosslyn stop. Booked the AAA rate with the free buffet breakfast for two people - just $10 a day more. What a deal!

Staff was nice, hotel was quiet, lots of places to eat nearby. Will stay here again if I'm back in DC.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

We stayed here for 4 days on an extended weekend trip to DC. The hotel is just a short metro ride from all the DC sights. The metro is just across the street from the hotel - very convenient! There are several restaurants and a Safeway within walking distance as well.

The front desk staff (especially Robert) and doormen could not be better. From the moment we checked in to the moment we checked out, they were absolutely top notch. We had a problem with some very noisy neighbors and they moved us immediately. (Tip....If you are looking for a quiet room - ask for a room that does not have a connecting door to the next room.)

Both rooms that we stayed in were average size - not too big and not too small. Both were very clean and had a small fridge. I found it interesting that one room had a shower/tub combination and the other one had no tub, only a large glass enclosed shower. I understand that the hotel was sold out while we were there - knowing this, I have to say that the cleaning staff did a wonderful job with our room each day.

We ate the buffet breakfast in the City House Restaurant there every morning. It was such a nice breakfast that we often weren't hungry for lunch. The staff there was exceptional (especially Emee), except for one server (Natalia) who was rude to my husband, rude to other diners, and rude to other staff members.

There is free wi-fi access in the lobby but if you want wi-fi in your room, it's $12.95 for 24 hours.

All in all, a lovely stay. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt Arlington over the weekend. The hotel is nice with upgrads and it is definitely clean but if you are like me and make good use of those third party booking sites like priceline or hotwire.... beware!! You will surely be given the tiniest room in the place. Not that I had a problem with this (actually I do) but my concern is simply being lied to. Upon check in, I was told that there were no King beds available and that the hotel was very busy that weekend. I looked around and seriously, there was one person sitting on the couch in the lobby and one other person checking in. I figured, "okay, everyone is either out or in their room." I didn't believe it myself. But I figured I would give Andrew (the guy checking us in the benefit of the doubt). Nevertheless, throughout our brief stay in our TINY TINY double bed room (not even a queen), we realized that the hotel was clearly not full. We had a light dinner in the restaurant/bar and there were three people there and we saw a total of seven people at various times in the elevator. Now the kicker is the fact that there was ONE guy working valet. A busy hotel will definitely need more than ONE guy working valet. Nice hotel, but beware that if you are not a direct booker with Hyatt, you will be treated as such. Again, the hotel is nice but be prepared to touch the bathroom door while lying in bed if given one of the toddler rooms.

To the folks at Hyatt, a little honesty goes a long way. I probably wouldn't have even written this if Andrew at your front desk had a better response to my questions and simply not lied that there were no King beds available at all in your entire hotel. I don't take too kindly to liars.

Thanks!

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here, book directly.