“Expensive, but in right place” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #15 of 47 hotels in Arlington
Tampa, Florida
“Expensive, but in right place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

I went to D.C. with a few co-workers for a business related event. My co-worker selected this hotel due to its proximity to the metro stop (Rosslyn) which is directly across the street.

The rooms are spacious and modern. The hotel is very quiet so you won't hear alot of noise from the hall into your room. We ate at the restaurant a few times for the breakfast buffett which was great.

The hotel is close to many restaurants which you can walk to. Free wifi is available in the lobby area. Once up in your room you have to pay for wireless. The hotel is expensive since it is Hyatt and in the D.C. area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

926 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

I booked this hotel via Priceline on a $90 bid so considering it went for more than twice that during my stay I was very happy with this place. It was very convinient to downtown DC and the mall via the Metro (very safe) next door. The staff at the restaurant and the bar seemed overwhelmed during my stay and so service fell a bit short but other then that I really have no complaints about this place. It was a great value and I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

Only good things to say aboiut this Hyatt. Wonderful friendly staff who couldn't do enough to make you feel welcome. Nicely refurbished rooms or at least they are on the 12th floor. Love the fact that the bath tub has been pulled and replaced by a huge walk in shower with glass walls. Incredibly comfortable bed. Wireless internet worked like a charm and service at the front desk was friendly, efficient and professional. Safe location, just a $15 cab ride to the capital and all the museums, $7 to Gerogetown and all the retaurants - location made it easy to be in DC for a weekend without renting a car - and just a brief walk up the road we discovered a whole selection of cafes, bistros and shops. Would definitely stay at this Hyatt again while spending a weekend visiiting DC.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

Pros:
-Clean Room.
-Great location to Metro stop if you're there to head into DC.
-Good breakfast buffet selection.
-Nice male bartender in the Terrace bar.

Cons:
-Paper thin walls, you could hear normal conversations in rooms next door.
-Internet charge and then it kept shutting off right when I was in the middle of something. Two of our 4 nights here I had to continually call the front desk. The one night they sent up a "tech" to look at my laptop when it was easy enough to tell it wasn't my laptop that was the issue but their server. He looked at my MacBook Air and said, "oh you're not plugged in". No duh dude, I'm using wi-fi. Then he said "I don't know anything about Apples". When I'd call to the front desk about it they would ask if I'd entered my last name correctly (that's how you logged in to the internet connection) and spell my last name for me. It got comical, like a bad SNL skit.
-Bathroom small and outdated (I've got issues with mid to upper range hotels that still have shower curtains).

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
jimmarino, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, May 16, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write. I was pleased to hear that you found the room clean, enjoyed our location and had great service in the bar. Regarding the sound insulation, please know that we have recently reinsulated the room doors, which has considerably diminished sound entering the room from outside. We are also retraining our front desk staff in Mac operating systems. Thank you again for posting. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Best regards,

Jim Marino
Cyberjaya, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

Nothing much around the hotel. More for just business. Rooms are badly insulated. You can hear everything that is happening in your neighbour's room. Room service ends at 12am.....not good at all. Stayed there for 6 nights and on our 7th night we moved to Hyatt in Virginia which was so much nicer, bigger and cheaper! I wouod not recommend Hyatt Arlington at all.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your post. Please know that we are within walking distance of all the shops and attractions in Georgetown, and just up Wilson Boulevard there are a number of fine restaurants. We are also located one block from the Rosslyn Metro Station, which can take you to virtually any location in the DC metro area. Thank you again for taking the time to write.

Jim Marino
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

After much searching, we decided on the Hyatt Arlington because of location and price (which was much less then staying in Capitol Hill) And this hotel was exactly what we were looking for and more! The Metro is literally just steps from the hotel, which made getting to downtown DC a breeze and it was just a short walk over Key Bridge into Georgetown. Arlington Cemetery is a short 5 minute Metro ride and the Iwo Jima Memorial is a 10 minute walk from the hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and the room was very clean and comfortable. If we come back to DC in the future, we will definitely be staying at the Hyatt Arlington!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

I got a great rate for this hotel off of expedia. I was excited to stay here being that it was a four star hotel and I love nice hotels. When I arrived I had to wait a while at Valet parking and to have my things brought up. There was not much going on and several times the valet guy looked lost. Not sure if he was new or what but this could have been a lot quicker and smoother. The desk clerk was great about getting me checked in quickly and The room I got was for handicapped guests so it was extra large which was wonderful and had a nice view. Unfortunately the bathroom had so little counter space there was no where to put your toiletry items. I thought this was a poor design and I am not sure if it was unique to the handicapped room but they should put an additional shelf or something to hold your items. The first night I stayed was great but the second night someone moved into the room next door and it was as if I had new roommates. I could hear them through paper thin walls, this could be a real issue for anyone who wants privacy. At the Hyatt Arlington, if you are bored you can pretty much enjoy what is going on in the next room.
Luckily, my neighbors were not there long and I went out that evening so it wasn't too bad. I did have lunch in the restaurant and it was delicious! I thought the menu was great and the dessert menu was one of the best I have seen. Ricardo was our server, our host, our busboy and I wondered at one point if he was cooking too! This poor man was awesome and he worked so hard to take care of everything and everyone even being totally understaffed. He had a great attitude and even stopped to chat once he got some help. I hope the Hyatt realizes how lucky they are to have such a great worker! I would definitely eat in the restaurant again and would hope that Ricardo would be there.

All in all I enjoyed my stay. It was a great price for being so close to DC with the metro right across the street or a $10 taxi ride into the city it was well worth the savings. I would definitely stay here again but depending on your needs you may want to request a room with more privacy. I believe the staff would have accommodated this request if they have such a room. The staff was great and the hotel is really nice. The bed is comfy and the room was nice and clean. I did love that the room had an empty fridge to put my own stuff in, I am tired of overpriced minibars that have no room for the guests items. Big plus for this!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Arlington? Share your experiences!