“Absolutely perfect! I was impressed with this Holiday Inn. THANK YOU!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City to your Saves list
Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2650 Jefferson Davis Highway, US Route 1, Arlington, VA 22202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #34 of 47 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersGold level
Rockwood, Tn
“Absolutely perfect! I was impressed with this Holiday Inn. THANK YOU!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

I spent 7 nights at this Holiday Inn. Everything was absolutely perfect, I was impressed with this Holiday Inn. It all began when I called the hotel about 2 weeks prior to my arrival, to confirm my reservation. When I called, I was talked to very nicely, and my information was given to me almost immediately, without being placed on hold. When I arrived, I found everything to be in order, everything was clean, everyone was happy and friendly. The room was excellent, large, clean, comfortable. I just can't emphasize enough, just how pleased I am with all aspects of this hotel. The restaurant was excellent, with good food at fair prices, which could be delivered as room service as well. This hotel is in a great location, which is safe at all hours. I walked to a nearby convenience store at a little past 11pm. I felt as safe doing that, as I did at walking at high noon. I rode the FREE hotel shuttle many, many times. Sometimes as many as 4 times a day. There is one that goes to a nearby Metro stop, one that goes to Reagan National airport. Each time I rode the shuttle, the driver did a good job. Always a safe trip, as the driver drove a safe speed, as to never place anyone in danger. The drivers were friendly as well! This hotel really reflects the leadership that is in place there. I am not aware who the GM is, but I can assure you that he/she knows their job, and is in the correct position. I have been to Washington, DC more times than I can count, and I have stayed at many hotels in doing so. I can honestly say that I will not stay at any other hotel again. I will always make my stay at this Holiday Inn. I was on this trip for the beginning of baseball season, to see the Nationals play. I will be going back to DC for the same reason throughout the summer, and will be spending my nights in the comfort at the Holiday Inn National Airport. If any of the Holiday Inn employees happen to read this review, please know that I am very pleased, as you all did a wonderful job. I absolutely, in a minute, would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
ehager, Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, April 20, 2010
Hello! What a review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review and posting the pictures of our hotel. We appreciate any feedback about our hotel because we are constantly trying to better our service. Our company prides itself on giving every guest everything they expect plus a little bit more. This is one of our 'Big 3' steps to success. We look forward to seeing you again this summer!

Best,
The Holiday Inn National Airport

285 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Nappanee, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

This hotel was very clean, had free airport shuttle service which made getting to the airport and the Metro stop very easy, and it even had computers and printers available free for guests in the lobby, which made checking in and printing boarding passes for flights easy to do right at the hotel. There were scented soaps, shampoo and lotion in the bathroom which was a very nice touch, far better than the standard items at most hotels. You even have your choice of pillows! I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel, the attention to small details made this stay a great experience.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
dattardi, ownership and management group at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, March 17, 2010
Hello, straypony....

Thanks so much for your feedback about our hotel and for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor.

Candid guest feedback is extremely important to us as we are always trying to improve our service and meet the ever-evolving need of our valued guests.

I am so glad you enjoyed the free shuttle; getting around DC can sometimes be tricky, so getting people to and from the airport and Metro stations are often times half the battle. Also, it sounds like you liked our in-room amenity package with the scented lotions and body wash. All of those nice touches are a part of our recent Holiday Inn global relaunch!

Again, thank you so much for your time, feedback, and for your business. Please consider us the next time you are in the DC area and we hope to have the opportunity to have you as our guest in the near future.

Travel safely!
Holiday Inn National Airport
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

My nephew was coming to visit from Kentucky and since I didn't want him to have to sleep on the floor of my tiny apartment, I treated us each to our own rooms in this hotel. I'd stayed here before and found it satisfactory, so I booked us our rooms for one night (one smoking room, one non-smoking). The rooms were clean, as were the common areas. There is no room service that I know of and no coffee set-up in the lobby area (as I have found in other Holiday Inns I've stayed in), so if you feel you need those, you'd be better off staying in another hotel. The price here is reasonable for the DC Metro area, though it is a bit of a hike to walk to the nearest metro station (if you're not used to walking).
It was a satisfactory stay, but I would not say the greeting from the staff upon arrival or the check-out were all that friendly (as was my similar experience from my previous stay here). Not the friendliest of Holiday Inn staffs. In the future I will go back to the Ballston location - service there is always excellent, it's closer to the metro, price is about the same. I think this hotel is probably good for business travelers who are just in and out.

• Stayed March 2010
dattardi, owner/operator at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, March 19, 2010
Hey, starcitygal…

Let me start by thanking you for taking the time to post a review of your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. Hearing candid guest feedback and responding to it is the only way we are going to continue to be an award-winning hotel; so thank you for your feedback.

I am glad that you found the hotel to be clean; that is very important to us.

However, I am sorry that you were not able to get room service… our hotel does indeed provide room service (delivered from our tasty National Diner on the first floor of the hotel), and there should have been a menu in your room. Having said that, I regret that you weren’t able to get coffee either. While we don’t offer a coffee station in the lobby, there should have been a coffee maker in your rooms, as well. Regardless, I am sorry that we weren’t able to meet your expectations in that regard.

Also, I am disappointed to hear that you didn’t find our front desk staff to be warm, friendly, and welcoming. We are an IHG Quality Excellence Award winning hotel, so I assure you that any lack of friendliness that you may have experienced was an anomaly.

I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you (and your nephew) again soon so we can redeem ourselves.

Thank you so much for your feedback and we hope to see you soon!

Travel safely,
Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the AnimeUSA convention. While the room was very small, the hotel itself was modern, refreshing, and overall a nice place to stay.

The bed was very uncomfortable, and hurt my back. The TV and the bathroom were nice. The parking is not free, which was an annoying add-on to all the other hotel's charges. The hotel isn't as close to a metro station as it could be, but they will shuttle you to and from the National Airport/Metro for free.

The food, while nice, is on the slightly pricey side. They have an onsite restaurant. The breakfast is very good. The lunch and dinner menu leaves much to be desired. However, there is also a bar/pub in the hotel. The atmosphere there was much much nicer. And the food was decent.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
ehager, Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, February 3, 2010
Greetings!

Thank you for such an informative review on our hotel, the Holiday Inn National Airport, on TripAdvisor. As a hotel, we constantly strive to provide every guest with all that they expect plus a little bit more. This is one of our 'Big 3' steps to service excellence. So, every review we receive on our hotel we take very seriously to ensure quality excellence.

In regards to the bed, we sincerely apologize that your back gave you problems. As you know bed types are a very personal selection. Holiday Inn has gone to great lengths to ensure a restful sleep through our bedding program. We will absolutely take your comments into consideration during the next renovation.

Our hotel is so excited that you were able to enjoy our amenities like our shuttle to the airport/metro and the on site restaurants. We hope that you will stay with us again when you are visiting the area for the AnimeUSA Convention. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable and enjoyable.

Thank you, again for such a great review!
The Holiday Inn National Airport Team
richmond,va
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

found the rooms a bit old.Got a good deal and we just had to take an early morning flight out of DCA airport.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
ehager, Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, January 27, 2010
Hello, Shivaniii,

Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor on our hotel, the Holiday Inn National Airport. We take every review very seriously because we are constantly trying to better our service to you, our guests.

We would like to apologize that you were not 100% satisfied with our guest rooms. All of our guestrooms actually just underwent a major renovation in 2009 but we will definitely take your comment into consideration for future projects.

Again, thank you for your review on our hotel. We are constantly trying to give our guests everything they expect, plus a little bit more; this is one of our three steps to service excellence, also known as our 'Big 3'.

The Holiday Inn National Airport Team
Louisville, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

Only stayed at this hotel 2 night but had a pleasant stay and will return next time I'm in D.C. I booked a cheap rate through Hotwire and, compared to a lot of other hotels in the area, received tremendous value for my stay. The staff was courteous and helpful when I interacted with them and the hotel was very clean and welcoming.

One of the greatest assets this hotel has is the airport shuttle. Keep in mind this is not only for when you need to get to your flight on time but that DCA has a Metro station that's just a short walk away from the terminal. Every half hour on the hour the shuttle is ready at the hotel to take you over to the airport. Later, just show up to some designated spots for the hotel shuttle along the baggage claim area and they make a special trip to drop you off, regardless of the half-hour timetable. As a result of this amenity, I had perhaps one of my most hassle-free stays in a major city when it comes to getting around. There's also a 24-hour McD's right next door if you can stomach it and some nice restaurants a few blocks north and to the west.

The rooms were clean and comfortable and the bed was nice. Our room had an HDTV, spacious desk space and free internet. All in all, this was one of the most stress-free stays I've ever had and will definitely return next time I'm in D.C.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
ehager, Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, November 20, 2009
Hello, Harmonickev,

The team here at the Holiday Inn National Airport would like to graciously thank you for such an informative review on our hotel. We are truly glad that you had a stress-free stay with us, and we hope that you will be able to stay with us again when you are in the DC area.

We are so glad that you took advantage of our complimentary airport shuttle services. As a company, we take great pride in our 'Big 3' steps to excellent customer service. We strive to ensure that every guest receives all that they expect plus a little bit more, our shuttle vans and team members allow us to really exceed our guests' needs.

Again, we would like to thank you for your review on TripAdvisor about our hotel. We look forward to servicing you again in the near future.

The Holiday Inn National Airport
up state NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

I highly recommend avoiding this place. I friend and I stayed here for the Marine Corp marathon. I asked for a late check out and was denied. My friend and I had to litteraly finish the marathon and B-line to the shuttle bus to make it back to avoid $75 charge for a late check out. We are fast runners. If it takes you longer to finish the race you are SOL.

In Phili they make the late check out standard for marathoners. NOT HERE! Thanks for the hospitality.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
ehager, Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, November 16, 2009
Hello,

First, congratulations on finishing the marathon! Having many members of our hotel team that participated in this amazing event we understand what an accomplishment this is! Secondly, we would like to thank you for your review on TripAdvisor about our hotel, we take all of our reviews very seriously, as we look for every opportunity exceed our guest expectations and improve! Lastly, we would like to sincerely apologize that we were unable to accommodate your request for a late check out.
We strive to accommodate all of our guest requests to ensure you are fully satisfied. However, when the hotel occupancy is at or near sell out we must prepare for our new arrivals and check ins. In order to accomplish this and ensure guests are able to check in on time we must have the guest rooms available to clean. We want to ensure we provide every guest that same service level.
Again, thank you for your review on our hotel and congratulations on completing the marathon. We hope that if you are in the area again, you will consider staying with us again.

The Team at the Holiday Inn National Airport

Been to Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City? Share your experiences!