“Breathtakingly Inconvenient” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City to your Saves list
Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2650 Jefferson Davis Highway, US Route 1, Arlington, VA 22202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #34 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersGold level
Rucksack
“Breathtakingly Inconvenient”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This particular Holiday Inn is desperately in need of an overhaul. Our party stayed in three different rooms and disappointment waited for us in all three. My first rule of hotel stays is: Always look at the bathrooms. The ceilings here are poorly patched and stained. The caulk is cracked and discolored. Vent fans hung dirty and loose like the gapping mouths of the mentally unbalanced. Rooms are just generally shabby and worn with sway-backed mattresses that require mountaineering gear to survive the night. Toilets in two of the rooms managed to defy our third floor gravity and plugged themselves with regularity.
The hotel is convenient to nothing. The shuttle never runs on time. Our four day stay proved this true every single day. The nearest Metro station is probably a half mile distant and a miserable walk in the rain. The restaurant staff was surly and slow during every over-priced breakfast we ate there. The reception staff were polite and helpful only after we passed a twenty over the counter.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Booked through Hotwire, was guaranteed by both Hotwire and the hotel front desk personnel that they have shuttle service every 10 to 15 min. to ANYWHERE within a mile of the hotel, including Crystal City metro stop. I emphasized this was extremely important to me that they have reliable service to this metro stop and was told no problem. Sure enough, on my first day and every succeeding day I was told they could not/would not take me the 3 or 4 minute ride to the metro stop - they would only take me to the airport stop. On 2 occasions, the manager arranged a cab/limo to take me after I complained. The rest of the time, I was on my own and was lied to by the front desk staff about the availability of the shuttle - told it would take me there and then was told by the driver when he showed up that no, he would not - he would only take me to the airport. I went through this every morning of my stay and was frequently delayed and stressed by this constant arguing about the shuttle. The last morning after checking out, I waited 31 minutes for a shuttle to Crystal City Metro stop while another shuttle destined for the airport (also a 3 or 4 minute ride) sat in the driveway and refused to take me. Aside from that, the hotel was average - food choices were cheap and awful. Microwave in lobby was dirty and had to be cleaned before I would use it. Rooms were clean and nice. Mattress and bedding good.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
HINationalAirport, Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, 5 days ago
We work hard to deliver a positive experience for all of our guests and appreciate your feedback. We do regret that you had difficulty with our shuttle service. We are disappointed to learn that your stay was not as you had hoped and apologize for any inconveniences or frustrations you may have experienced. Your feedback has been shared with our management team so that we may address and better handle situations like this going forward. Thank you for your review and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Joseph Mensah
Rooms Division Manager
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The entire staff at the Holiday Inn National Airport-Crystal City were so very nice & very helpful with anything we asked them. They help set up a night tour of the city for us. The rooms were very nice with a nice view of the city. The restrauant had great food & the staff were very friendly. The shuttle picked us up at the airport took us to the hotel, we also used the shuttle service to get to & from the hotel to the Crystal City metro. Our experience was so wonderful that we will recommend it to anyone we hear is going to Washington DC. Thank you so much

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

To my pleasant surprise to my getaway weekend was met by me leaving my phone charger at home. Krisda went out of her way to help me with my dilemma. It was clean. The beds were inviting. Kudos to Patricia for her extra help at checkout. Housekeeping was kind. The food in the restaurant was great. Definately recommend staying here.

Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2014

Thought would be noisy, but west side overlooks a nice quiet neighbourhood. Mcdonalds right next door is 24 hours. Room clean. Staff nice. Very decent and efficient. Bathrooms are really small. But thats ok.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 days and it was a good experience. The room service was good. They have a gym, pool and a pub in the hotel. The staff was very nice as well. You can get picked up by a shuttle that takes you to Washington, D.C. right in front of the hotel. Then you can ride around and see all the sites. The hotel couldn't be placed more perfectly. It's just a few minutes from all the major attractions and monuments. There's a McDonald's on one side if you don't want to go far for food. There's also shuttles from the airport and crystal city. All in all we had a lovely time there and it was nice to go back to a clean, cool room after a long day of site seeing!

• Stayed September 2014
Reading, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2014

We stayed at the Hotel for three nights in late June.A very well situated Hotel with very efficient and friendly staff. The Hotel Shuttle was great. Apart from once when we got taken to Crystal City Metro station ,we got taken to and picked up from the Metro station at Regan National Airport.I found it a very good service.The room was up to the standard I expect at a Holiday Inn.
The Hotel is situated next to a Mc Donalds where we had breakfast but is within easy walking distance of many places to eat.I would certainly stay there again if I return to Washington DC

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City? Share your experiences!