“Average hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City to your Saves list
Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2650 Jefferson Davis Highway, US Route 1, Arlington, VA 22202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #35 of 48 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersGold level
Schererville, Indiana
“Average hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This hotel worked well as to its proximity to DC. The front desk staff was not extremely helpful and the girl we dealt with was a mumbler and irritated that she had to repeat herself. Housekeeping was great and very friendly. There is no free breakfast. There is a $16 per day parking fee although the parking structure is attached to the hotel. Our room was clean but an update is due. Hotel provided free wifi but hoops had to be jumped thru to hook in.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

298 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Would not stay there again. We were told at check-in they had queen beds. They gave us full. Told us at check-out they do not have queen beds. Charged $16.00 per day for parking. No free breakfast! Went to Comfort Inn next 2 nights.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
HINationalAirport, Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for your recent review. I would like to take this opportunity to offer my sincere apologies for the issues you had during your stay and the inconvenience to you. I appreciate your feedback as it is the best means we have of improving our service. Our hotel has only full beds and I do apologize again for the miscommunication. Our parking rate are competitive to the area parking rates. I look forward to welcoming you back soon and ensuring a stay in keeping with your expectations.

Chesterfield, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Overall a very nice hotel, the staff is wonderful. We have stayed at this hotel in the past and on last visit we stayed one night. We had made other hotel plans in the DC area at a more " upscale" hotel. We really missed the service at Holiday Inn when we changed hotels. If you want great service and a nice room at a fair price, this is the place! Shuttle to airport as well as the subway !

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Ghent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

If you've been to a Holiday Inn, you naturally know what this place is like. If you've been to any other chain hotel, it won't be very different.

The location is a mixed blessing, it's a bit of a walk (25 minutes) away from Crystal City where I had business meetings and it's kind of enclosed by an on/off ramp to the highway. I guess this makes it really convenient to get to by car, but on foot it's a bit more of a challenge than some of the other hotels in the area. The subway as well is about half an hour away on foot.

What it completely didn't like was the breakfast. They have a separate breakfast place attached to the hotel which serves the typical stuff. But the service was lackluster to be positive about it and the food followed suit.

If you choose this hotel, make sure you get a good price for it compared to the other hotels in the area or you'll regret your decision.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experiences at our hotel. We are committed to providing our guests with a comfortable stay to ensure their visit is the best it can be. Your feedback about the lack of service and the whole breakfast experience will be forwarded to our management team as we are always looking for suggestions on how we can make our guests' visit more pleasurable. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back and to go above and beyond your expectation.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed 4 days at this hotel and were very pleased overall with the experience. The room was clean and quiet (except for one night when we had someone above us who had small children), it was close to everything, the shuttle was terrific and the staff extremely friendly and helpful! We will definitely stay here when we return!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I've always wondered what would warrant a hotel to receive less than an average "3" for me and I found it! The bedroom itself was average. Everything was clean, nothing special, just a king sized bed, chair and desk. The issues we had were:

1. The toilet kept clogging up. The first time we thought maybe we used too much toilet paper which isn't normal for us as our home toilet never really clogs up. So we called maintenance, they were prompt and plunged it. That evening, we were being very careful on the amount of toilet paper used. It clogged again. After the second time, it was approximately 11:30 pm and we did not want to disturb anyone. We used the toilet down the hall which was fine. It didn't have a strong suction but still at least flushed. In the morning maintenance came again to unclog it. The toilet still did not have a good suction. It was our last day and didnt want to worry about switching rooms so we stayed. But after the second report we thought the hotel desk would have thought to maybe check for a problem, but whatever. My parents were staying at the Hyatt Regency across the highway and also mentioned having issues with their toilet, so it might just be the sewer line, not sure.

2. The key kept getting demagnetized. I kept my card in a separate pocket in my purse. It was not touching any phones or other cards. When I used the card in the elevator to get to our floor, it worked. When we got to our room it wouldn't work. So we had to go down to get a new one for me. My husband's card was kept in a separate slot in his wallet and didn't work 75% of the time. I have stayed at plenty of hotels with key cards and I have never had cards as sensitive as theirs.

3. The parking situation. When we checked in we received a parking hangar for our car. The lady (AIl I can remember is her name began with an S) did not take any vehicle information from me, just kept the bottom half of a slip and handed me the other with a couple of numbers jotted down and said to hang it on my rear view mirror. So we did just that. The first night we stayed was fine. The second night we received a warning on a car saying we were parked illegally and our car would be towed if found there again. So we looked at the pass and the girl had written the wrong date down, by about 10 days. Which seems strange since she had the reservation right in front of her. So we were in a rush at the hotel and mentioned it to the desk clerk in passing (a female with her name beginning with an H or M, can't remember) and she said it wasn't a big deal, just write in the date. My brother was also with us and she took all of his vehicle information, contrary to my check in process. So after returning later that evening with more time we spoke to a man claiming to be the manager and said it was a huge deal and the company that tows the vehicles does not consult with the hotel before towing vehicles. The hotel has no organization with their parking. Why take vehicle information for parking verification if the towing company won't verify anyways? Clearly the hotel procedures are not stardarized across their desk clerks. So the manager wrote a new parking pass and we didn't have any problems the next night.

4. We went down for some appetizers at the pub our first night there around 10:30. No one met us at the door, the bartender glanced by us and didn't say anything so we took a seat near the bar at the high top table. It took 12 minutes for someone to help us. We were in the bartender's area but another waitress trying to leave for the evening had to come over and help us because the bartender was too busy chatting it up with her friends to take our order. The waitress was nice and came back promptly. It was after our drinks came and we put in our order that the ever so observant bartender shouted over asking if we had been helped. Fail.

This was our experience. When returning, we will be choosing a different hotel.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
HINationalAirport, Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn National Airport and for taking time to share your experience with us. We strive to provide excellent service to our guests and I do apologize we felt short of that promise. I am glad our Maintenance team came up promptly to fix the plumbing issues you encountered. We have also upgraded our key system to help mitigate the stated issues. We are constantly looking for ways to ease our parking garage process and I am confident you will have a better experience next time. I will also continue to work with the Food and Beverage teams to provide excellent service in our bar and restaurant. Once again thank you for staying with us and kindly reach out to me if there is anything I do for you to give us a second chance on your next visit.

Garden City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is not the luxurious hotel that they make it out to be it is just an ordinary every day hotel that is trying to be fancy their restaurant is way over priced for the quality and atmosphere but the view is awesome. The only way I would recommend this hotel is if you do as we did and use it for location only, it is very close and easy to get to a metro station.

Room Tip: I'm not sure but I would say all rooms in my opinion are the same but the elevator in the hotel...