“Pleasant Helpful Staff and Clean Reasonably Priced Accommodations!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City

You added Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City to your Saves list
Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2650 Jefferson Davis Highway, US Route 1, Arlington, VA 22202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30% this Summer
Ranked #35 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersGold level
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Pleasant Helpful Staff and Clean Reasonably Priced Accommodations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We stayed 4 days at this hotel and were very pleased overall with the experience. The room was clean and quiet (except for one night when we had someone above us who had small children), it was close to everything, the shuttle was terrific and the staff extremely friendly and helpful! We will definitely stay here when we return!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I've always wondered what would warrant a hotel to receive less than an average "3" for me and I found it! The bedroom itself was average. Everything was clean, nothing special, just a king sized bed, chair and desk. The issues we had were:

1. The toilet kept clogging up. The first time we thought maybe we used too much toilet paper which isn't normal for us as our home toilet never really clogs up. So we called maintenance, they were prompt and plunged it. That evening, we were being very careful on the amount of toilet paper used. It clogged again. After the second time, it was approximately 11:30 pm and we did not want to disturb anyone. We used the toilet down the hall which was fine. It didn't have a strong suction but still at least flushed. In the morning maintenance came again to unclog it. The toilet still did not have a good suction. It was our last day and didnt want to worry about switching rooms so we stayed. But after the second report we thought the hotel desk would have thought to maybe check for a problem, but whatever. My parents were staying at the Hyatt Regency across the highway and also mentioned having issues with their toilet, so it might just be the sewer line, not sure.

2. The key kept getting demagnetized. I kept my card in a separate pocket in my purse. It was not touching any phones or other cards. When I used the card in the elevator to get to our floor, it worked. When we got to our room it wouldn't work. So we had to go down to get a new one for me. My husband's card was kept in a separate slot in his wallet and didn't work 75% of the time. I have stayed at plenty of hotels with key cards and I have never had cards as sensitive as theirs.

3. The parking situation. When we checked in we received a parking hangar for our car. The lady (AIl I can remember is her name began with an S) did not take any vehicle information from me, just kept the bottom half of a slip and handed me the other with a couple of numbers jotted down and said to hang it on my rear view mirror. So we did just that. The first night we stayed was fine. The second night we received a warning on a car saying we were parked illegally and our car would be towed if found there again. So we looked at the pass and the girl had written the wrong date down, by about 10 days. Which seems strange since she had the reservation right in front of her. So we were in a rush at the hotel and mentioned it to the desk clerk in passing (a female with her name beginning with an H or M, can't remember) and she said it wasn't a big deal, just write in the date. My brother was also with us and she took all of his vehicle information, contrary to my check in process. So after returning later that evening with more time we spoke to a man claiming to be the manager and said it was a huge deal and the company that tows the vehicles does not consult with the hotel before towing vehicles. The hotel has no organization with their parking. Why take vehicle information for parking verification if the towing company won't verify anyways? Clearly the hotel procedures are not stardarized across their desk clerks. So the manager wrote a new parking pass and we didn't have any problems the next night.

4. We went down for some appetizers at the pub our first night there around 10:30. No one met us at the door, the bartender glanced by us and didn't say anything so we took a seat near the bar at the high top table. It took 12 minutes for someone to help us. We were in the bartender's area but another waitress trying to leave for the evening had to come over and help us because the bartender was too busy chatting it up with her friends to take our order. The waitress was nice and came back promptly. It was after our drinks came and we put in our order that the ever so observant bartender shouted over asking if we had been helped. Fail.

This was our experience. When returning, we will be choosing a different hotel.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
HINationalAirport, Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn National Airport and for taking time to share your experience with us. We strive to provide excellent service to our guests and I do apologize we felt short of that promise. I am glad our Maintenance team came up promptly to fix the plumbing issues you encountered. We have also upgraded our key system to help mitigate the stated issues. We are constantly looking for ways to ease our parking garage process and I am confident you will have a better experience next time. I will also continue to work with the Food and Beverage teams to provide excellent service in our bar and restaurant. Once again thank you for staying with us and kindly reach out to me if there is anything I do for you to give us a second chance on your next visit.

Garden City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

This is not the luxurious hotel that they make it out to be it is just an ordinary every day hotel that is trying to be fancy their restaurant is way over priced for the quality and atmosphere but the view is awesome. The only way I would recommend this hotel is if you do as we did and use it for location only, it is very close and easy to get to a metro station.

Room Tip: I'm not sure but I would say all rooms in my opinion are the same but the elevator in the hotel...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn National Airport. Your feedback is important is to us and I am disappointed that your experience did not meet the high standards we are known for. I will like to apologize for the issues you encountered . Please contact me directly the next time you are planning to be in the area so I can ensure your next stay will be extra special.

DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and 4 days while covering stories in downtown DC. The hotel staff was extremely helpful and very kind. They were quick to help with and concern. The shuttle to and from the Metro was extremely helpful as well as the shuttle to/from the airport. They ran constantly and there was no waiting for a driver. Room service was much faster than expected and the food was excellent. I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

This hotel was a disappointment. We arrived at the hotel and it took a half an hour to park. This was because the front desk clerk did not tell us that all hotel parking levels were full and that we had to park on the Metro level. Tired from our flight we tried to open our room door and the key did not work. We had to go back to desk to get another key. When we opened the door we were disheartened. The room was tiny and had no refridgerator or microwave, just a coffee maker with coffee which looked old. The only place to get food was McDonald because the restaurant was closed. The air conditioner was very noisy and temperature was not consistent.

In good conscience I could not recommend this hotel even though it is near airport.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are disappointed to learn that your stay was not as you had hoped and I do apologize for all the stated inconveniences you encountered. Your comments will be shared with the our management team so that we may better serve you next time. We hope that one day you will return so that we can provide you with a stay that will exceed all your expectations.

Staunton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This hotel is not new or deluxe, but it's comfortable and convenient. You can't ask for a more helpful and friendly staff. The van will ferry you not only to the airport, but also to nearby restaurants and the Metro stop. The parking is convenient and a good value for long term. You get two weeks parking for a one night stay. This is my second stay and I'd use it again in a heartbeat. The airline staff use this hotel.

Green Features: Recycle bins in the rooms help with recycling. They use environmentally friendly light bulbs.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

When we arrived at our room we found a toothpaste glob in the sink, a used soap bar and hair in the tub. At the end of one bed was a beer bottle cap and the tv remote was under the bed skirt of the other bed. These made us sincerely question the cleanliness of the room, but since we were here for just a quick overnight stay we didn't ask to change rooms.

• Stayed July 2014
HINationalAirport, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear BowlerHatGal:

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent stay at our property. We are sorry to hear about the housekeeping issues you encountered in your guestroom.

We hold all our staff to a high level of service, and are disappointed to hear you felt we did not live up to that expectation. I will pass on your concerns to our housekeeping management so they can work to avoid such issues in the future.

We do hope you will give our property a second chance should your travels return you to the Washington, DC area. If you would like any assistance setting up a future reservation, please feel free to contact me directly at (703) 310-8979 or libby.vertz@bfsaul.com
Best regards,