“Great for a short stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City to your Saves list
Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2650 Jefferson Davis Highway, US Route 1, Arlington, VA 22202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #34 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersGold level
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great for a short stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We had to stay at this hotel before we catch a flight early morning at Reagan airport. Property is not new and this can be easily noticed. Yet, beds are super comfortable and staff are very helpful especially the Ethiopian lady at the reception. Gym is well equipped too and open 24/7. Hotel is very near to the airport and the price is very affordable

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Ocala, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Stayed for two nights last month at the end of a spring break trip. Hotel is in need of a remodel looks old and worn out. The positives, the restaurant and the bar staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel part not so much. There were people roaming the hallways in the middle of the night knocking on doors. The front desks response was there is no groups staying on your floor, my response was..well maybe these kids took an elevator to another floor. Did not see any hotel security ever. There is a "market" by the front desk but it had half the items it was advertised to offer. Used the last of my Holiday Inn Priority Club points, probably would not stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Rockville, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I recently had an unpleasant experience with the front desk staff of this hotel. My cousin stayed here and I had to reach him urgently and unfortunately didn't know his room number or extension. "Shouldn't be a big deal, I thought, I'll just get them to transfer me over from the front desk" well, I was wrong. 30 minutes later, all I had managed to do was speak to a sour woman on the phone by the name of " selena" and be put on hold for more than 10 minutes. First of all, I was barely able to utter "I need to speak to a guest" before this front desk attendant cut me off saying please hold. I was then put on hold for over 10 minutes without even being able to explain that it was an urgent matter. 10 minutes to be transferred to a rooms phone!!! Absolutely ridiculous. I was forced to hang up and call back, and the same woman picked up. I explained that I had just called and that I didn't want to be out on hold again, to which she rudely replied, "well we only have 1 computer and you are going to have to wait" no apology what so ever. I asked how long the hold was going to be and if I could get a call back at least once their "only computer" was free so that they could help me. She said no, and told me to call back. All I needed was to be connected to my cousins room line. Absolutely unacceptable. I shudder to think how this hotel handles more important matters if this is how they handle a simple phone call.

Stayed March 2014
Fayetteville, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

This hotel offers free shuttle to metro but two nights in a row we received a message saying the circuits were too busy when we tried to call for pickup. All other numbers we dialed worked fine. It was particularly frustrating after spending eight hours getting a broken arm set. We had dashed all over the city getting pain meds. It was freezing cold. The cab company was closed. We arrived 20 minutes before the shuttle stopped but no answer at hotel. We even called another hotel to call them. And we had three kids in tow. We finally begged a bus driver to take us close to hotel. The night manager did not seem to care that we were stranded. Others who called reached a voicemail box. Would a hotel really leave their phone not working for two days and nights or was the night staff choosing to take a nap? We were pleased with hotel until this happened. Now that I think about it, the night that we arrived they told us they were sending a shuttle. After waiting we called again and they said they were off duty. Another Holiday Inn shuttle driver took us to the hotel. I would advise finding another hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
HINationalAirport, General Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear ButterflyFishLady,

Let me start by apologizing for any inconvenience this situation may have caused. I also want to thank you and your husband for taking the time to express your concerns. I hope we were able to exceed your expectations once this was brought to our attention. I did not get a chance to follow up about your trip to George Washington Hospital, please let me know if that went well! Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience and certainly hope that you would consider Holiday Inn National for your future travels.

Zarar Ahmed
General Manager Holiday Inn National Airport
Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Clean tidy quiet relaxing hotel, but the best thing about it is the reception, the best people ever, they make you feel at home among your family, they are yannik, jana, gratzia, ehtiopiean model helena, but the soul and spirit of this hotel is patricia, a beautiful, nice and classy lady with a smiley happy face that filled my day with joy every day, im returning next week to this hotel because of her. Great hotel and great staff, higly recommended.
Rasheed.

• Stayed March 2014
Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

The Holiday Inn Crystal City is an average hotel. The rooms are getting a little tired and are in need of a make over. The air conditioning unit in my room was very loud, as was the exhaust fan in the bathroom. However, the friendliness, helpfulness and professionalism of the staff were exemplary.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

we got stranded in Washington , because of storms in Portland. Holiday Inn offered a great stranded travelers rate. They were very helpful! They have a good restraunt and the rooms are clean. The staff is kind. & helpful for that matter. Good place!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City? Share your experiences!