“Enjoyed my stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City to your Saves list
Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2650 Jefferson Davis Highway, US Route 1, Arlington, VA 22202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #34 of 47 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersGold level
Northwest Ohio
“Enjoyed my stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I was part of a very large group of college students on a trip to D.C. I was very pleased with the hotel. The rooms were clean, The beds were super comfy, and I couldn't hear any noise. I slept like a baby. The McDonalds really is right next door. I would have liked to have had a free continental breakfast served, but as the diner was on site, this was fine. The food was good. The only problem with the pub is that I don't believe that they were prepared for groups, and it took an hour to get my food, but when I got it, the portions were generous, the food piping hot, and it was good. I did hear the manager ask the head of the group how many people might be expected for breakfast the next morning so that they would be prepared.

My only complaint is that since my roommate was blind and has a guide dog, there is no place on the property for walking your dog. It does say that pets are not welcome, so the guide dog is a exception, but I was very uncomfortable with having to go the the back of the hotel at night to walk the dog. There was a strip of grass in the median of the road, so this served its purpose, but it didn't feel very safe, even though I was assured this was a safe neighborhood.

Other than that, I was pleased with my stay and they were well prepared to check in all 44 people in the group.

I'd also like to mention the beautiful view from the hall next to the elevator. The trees were changed over to spectacular fall colors, and the picture window made it possible to view them i all of their glory.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

278 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Williamsburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Driving into the garage that I was charged $16 for gave me the clue that this hotel was kind of run down. It looked shabby & wasn't enclosed-just covered. The lobby was nice, but my drink spilled & the front desk person called to have it cleaned up-no one came immediately & he ended up putting caution yellow triangular things out , the elevator was small & shook on its trip to & from the 5th floor-when I stepped into the hallway, I saw something at the end of the other hallway-but I couldn't make it out in the dark...when I went to my room, 521, it looked fine @ first. The bed was comfortable, it had a nice desk with plenty of outlets & the bath was nice as well-it would do for the regular visitor***but the picky visitor would have had probs with the messed up lampshades, dirty bath counter & toilet (my husband would say it was microscopic), bLack MOLD on the ceiling of the bathroom & on the bedroom-total area 12"x12", another light was needed near the full length mirror! There will be pix where I can enter them & know, regardless if where I stay, I'm rather picky!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Brooklyn, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

The room: The bed was comfy, there was just not a ton of room between it and the desk. There were plenty of outlets, however the outlets in the lamp base by the bed were too low to the base of the lamp to be usable without pulling the lamp to the edge of the nightstand. There was an armchair and a desk chair, but the positioning of the armchair prevented watching TV from it. The bathroom could also have used some updates from the peeling wall paper seams to the scuffed up shower mat.

Cleanliness: There were no gross oversights, but small things that can add up to nothing other than lacklustre performance by house keeping. There was about a 4' area on the front of the desk that was covered in some black sticky substance. There was a piece of candy on the floor throughout my entire stay that the staff never saw apparently.

Location: This is the one thing the hotel has going for it. It's in a great location to both DCA (via a shuttle) and the metro (via a shuttle). From the metro you can get to both Alexandria, VA, and DC destinations very easily. The shuttle runs from 5a to midnight. The hotel shuttle reliably leaves the hotel every 15 minutes if someone needs to be taken somewhere. It does pick you back up upon request as well, however in a less reliable fashion. I would definitely choose to stay in the Crystal City area in the future, just not at the Holiday Inn.

Food: There are two places to get food in the hotel: National Diner and O'Malley's Pub. The latter is nicely done up in terms of decor and the service is efficient. The portion of my chef's salad was large and it tasted fresh and was chilled. The diner wasn't very appealing in decor - bright walls made brighter with fluorescent lights. Most guests chose the pub to go to and most were not eating. I'd spend as little time as necessary in each and instead take the shuttle to the metro and go eat in Alexandria or DC - even somewhere close like Pentagon Row. In fact, skip the shuttle all together - I got an Uber ride from Pentagon Row to the hotel for just $4.

Staff: Aside from my disappointment in house keeping staff and the shuttle driver who picked me up my interaction with the bartender in O'Malley's was fine. Also, the lady who checked me in to the hotel was very friendly and every time I came off the lifts she gave me a big smile and a hello.

Green Features: They have the typical signs around about saving towels on the hooks replacing those on the floor, but the housekeeping staff replaced them all anyways - even the ones I had on the hook.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed here for a week for a business trip during October 2013.
The rooms were on the smaller side and were a little bit tired but they were clean and comfortable.
The property is in easy walking distance to numerous dining and shopping options as well as to the Crystal city metro (subway) station that will get you to the airport as well as across the river to DC.
Dont hesitate to book if in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CENTREVILLE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

very close to DCA. Mcdonalds and CVS next door. Good selection of restaurants within a few blocks. Shuttle to DCA and Metro(nearby).
Hotel has some age to it, but the rooms are big and clean. the hotel staff have always been friendly and helpful. They do have an onsite restaurant which has a buffet breakfast(not included with the stay). Food is good. Also has a small onsite bar. going to be honest, have never been in but looks like a nice little sports bar.
Pool seems to be permanently closed. have to swim a few blocks away. pretty big workout room. Not sure if they have micro/fridge. never had one, but seems like I saw one in the hall once. Ask
2 things. somebody else wrote. DCA is not an international airport. and he had a Wi-Fi chip in his card and thinks it got read at the hotel. could have been read anywhere, mickey d's, airport. All somebody has to do is stand next to you. EITHER WRAP THISE CARDS IN ALUMINUM FOIL OR GET THE CREDIT PEOPLE SEND YOU A NON CHIP CARD.

Room Tip: no one side or room is better. all quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
kitty hawk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

within minutes of checking into this hotel my credit information was used in an attempt to purchase 600+ Euros worth of merchandise. When I returned home I had collect phone messages from prisoners in AL. It could not have been a coincidence it was the only place my card was exposed. It does have the RFID chip from which identities can be cloned with the right equipment. Management at the hotel was informed as soon as I was made aware of the potential fraud. I am experienced traveler and usually very careful but I let my guard down in this event.

I recommend you guard your credit information carefully if you plan to stay at this hotel. The hotel is a bit dated and the rooms are relatively small but clean. There is a lot of traffic because of its proximity to Ronald Reagan International Airport. .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
HINationalAirport, General Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Canela4U,

I would like to thank you for taking time to complete a survey on Trip Advisor about your stay at Holiday Inn. Your comment about "Identity theft" relating to your credit card was reviewed and discuss in deals with both front desk staff and security. Safety is a priority and we take all measure to ensure the hotel guest feels safe while staying in our hotel. There haven't been any other complaints from hotel guest staying in our hotel related to identity theft or credit card fraud. Team members and managers have been instructed monitor the lobby of the hotel for individual watching guest checking into our hotel. I appreciate you sharing this information with the manager duty. If you would like to contact the hotel manager to share additional information please call 703-684-7200.

Respectfully, Hotel Manager
Coarsegold, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This was the most satisfied that I have been with a hotel in quite some time. The focus on customer service was excellent. The rooms appeared to have been recently renovated. They were tastefully decotated and spacious.The bathrooms were good size as well. The rate was very reasonable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City? Share your experiences!