The room: The bed was comfy, there was just not a ton of room between it and the desk. There were plenty of outlets, however the outlets in the lamp base by the bed were too low to the base of the lamp to be usable without pulling the lamp to the edge of the nightstand. There was an armchair and a desk chair, but the positioning of the armchair prevented watching TV from it. The bathroom could also have used some updates from the peeling wall paper seams to the scuffed up shower mat.
Cleanliness: There were no gross oversights, but small things that can add up to nothing other than lacklustre performance by house keeping. There was about a 4' area on the front of the desk that was covered in some black sticky substance. There was a piece of candy on the floor throughout my entire stay that the staff never saw apparently.
Location: This is the one thing the hotel has going for it. It's in a great location to both DCA (via a shuttle) and the metro (via a shuttle). From the metro you can get to both Alexandria, VA, and DC destinations very easily. The shuttle runs from 5a to midnight. The hotel shuttle reliably leaves the hotel every 15 minutes if someone needs to be taken somewhere. It does pick you back up upon request as well, however in a less reliable fashion. I would definitely choose to stay in the Crystal City area in the future, just not at the Holiday Inn.
Food: There are two places to get food in the hotel: National Diner and O'Malley's Pub. The latter is nicely done up in terms of decor and the service is efficient. The portion of my chef's salad was large and it tasted fresh and was chilled. The diner wasn't very appealing in decor - bright walls made brighter with fluorescent lights. Most guests chose the pub to go to and most were not eating. I'd spend as little time as necessary in each and instead take the shuttle to the metro and go eat in Alexandria or DC - even somewhere close like Pentagon Row. In fact, skip the shuttle all together - I got an Uber ride from Pentagon Row to the hotel for just $4.
Staff: Aside from my disappointment in house keeping staff and the shuttle driver who picked me up my interaction with the bartender in O'Malley's was fine. Also, the lady who checked me in to the hotel was very friendly and every time I came off the lifts she gave me a big smile and a hello.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City Hotel Arlington
- Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City Hotel
- Holiday Inn Crystal City
- Holiday Inn Arlington
- Arlington Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Nation's Capitol and the Holiday Inn National Airport, the best hotel in Arlington Virginia! This full service Crystal City hotel is located minutes from Ronald Reagan National Airport, the Pentagon, and 23rd Street restaurant row. Take advantage of our free wireless high-speed Internet. For government, contract and military travelers, the Holiday Inn offers a unique per diem package, the best of any Arlington hotel. This includes a full hot breakfast in our restaurant and unlimited local phone calls.Our hotel is also a great business location, convenient to many Northern Virginia companies, including IBM, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, EPA, Raytheon, USPTO and Navy Elite. We offer the amenities and meeting room services a business traveler needs for a productive visit. Our Arlington hotel offers accommodations that are great for vacations too! The monuments, museums and attractions in Washington, DC and historic Old Town Alexandria are easily accessible by Metro or car. Shop at the Pentagon City Mall and Fashion Centre Mall. Enjoy O Malley s Sports Pub and The National Diner where Kids Eat Free! We offer free high-speed Internet in our guest rooms and wireless Internet in our public areas. Our finest attribute is our professional and friendly staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.