“Identity theft” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City

You added Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City to your Saves list
Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2650 Jefferson Davis Highway, US Route 1, Arlington, VA 22202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #34 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersGold level
kitty hawk
“Identity theft”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

within minutes of checking into this hotel my credit information was used in an attempt to purchase 600+ Euros worth of merchandise. When I returned home I had collect phone messages from prisoners in AL. It could not have been a coincidence it was the only place my card was exposed. It does have the RFID chip from which identities can be cloned with the right equipment. Management at the hotel was informed as soon as I was made aware of the potential fraud. I am experienced traveler and usually very careful but I let my guard down in this event.

I recommend you guard your credit information carefully if you plan to stay at this hotel. The hotel is a bit dated and the rooms are relatively small but clean. There is a lot of traffic because of its proximity to Ronald Reagan International Airport. .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
HINationalAirport, General Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Canela4U,

I would like to thank you for taking time to complete a survey on Trip Advisor about your stay at Holiday Inn. Your comment about "Identity theft" relating to your credit card was reviewed and discuss in deals with both front desk staff and security. Safety is a priority and we take all measure to ensure the hotel guest feels safe while staying in our hotel. There haven't been any other complaints from hotel guest staying in our hotel related to identity theft or credit card fraud. Team members and managers have been instructed monitor the lobby of the hotel for individual watching guest checking into our hotel. I appreciate you sharing this information with the manager duty. If you would like to contact the hotel manager to share additional information please call 703-684-7200.

Respectfully, Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Coarsegold, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This was the most satisfied that I have been with a hotel in quite some time. The focus on customer service was excellent. The rooms appeared to have been recently renovated. They were tastefully decotated and spacious.The bathrooms were good size as well. The rate was very reasonable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

On a recent business trip to DC, several co-workers and I were the recipients of the finest customer service offered at any hotel. Ali and his staff obviously work around the clock to ensure that guests' experiences at the property exceed expectations which is a pleasant surprise as a traveler. The food and beverages were of the highest quality and served by professional and friendly staff. Without hesitation, I would recommend this property to any person traveling to the DC area for business or pleasure.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

One of the better priced hotels in Crystal City. Rooms were small and definitely older. Bathrooms were small with poor lighting but bedding was comfortable. Staff were friendly. No complimentary breakfast. I would recommend staying at a newer hotel in the area.
Tip: avoid paying hotel parking ($15/nt) by finding street parking (meters) behind the hotel (enforcement begins at 8am though!).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
HINationalAirport, General Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dreese1,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn National Airport Hotel as your hotel while visiting the Washington, DC area. The Holiday Inn National is a mid-market hotel that offers travelers a value price for a clean and relaxing hotel stay. We are not the newest hotel in the market, but the ownership of the hotel is constantly undertaking renovations to make sure we provide a clean crisp hotel where everything works. In 2014, property improvement plans will include renovations to guestrooms and Food & Beverage outlets; which will add core value to our hotel amenities and the hotel in general.

We look forward to you coming back and staying at Holiday Inn National in the near future to experience and see the newly renovated area of the hotel.

Yours in hospitality,

Hotel Manager
Hampton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Our stay at the hotel began with an awesome front desk check-in who gave us information about the hotel itself, but also about their services and how to get around the city. Two of the 5 rooms wehad booked were not ready when we arived at 1:30, but a quick call to a very responsive housekeeping supervisor & we were able to get those rooms in less than an hour and despite check-in not officially occurring until 4pm. The shuttle services were outstanding and the drivers were prompt informative and courteous. The rooms were clean ( you could tell from the smell that cleaning supplies had been used) The beds were comfortable with lots of pillows which was nice.
The only reason I did not give a 5th star is that, I would have like a continental breakfast of some scale. Other than that this was the best hotel I have ever been to.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
HINationalAirport, General Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
T L,

I appreciate you ranking the Holiday Inn National a 4 star for the products and service we proudly provide to our hotel guests. From reading your comments, it seems you had a wonderful stay and you enjoyed the service that you received from the hotel staff. I am glad the team members played a role in making your stay an enjoyable one.
Thank you for your business and I hope you will consider staying at Holiday Inn National again in the near future.

Best wishes,

Hotel Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This property is a bit worn around the edges but the courtesy of the staff exceeded expectations and the location and price made my stay well worth it. Also liked the gym. McDonald's is right next door as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Southeastern U.S.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is a Holiday Inn that does a good job of meeting the standards that you expect in HI rooms, facilities and comfort. There are several things that set this Holiday apart, based on my experience of staying for six nights on a combination business/pleasure trip. First and foremost was the timeliness and courtesy of the shuttle that picked me up from the airport. I did not actually time it, but was expecting fifteen minutes or more after my call. I was extremely surprised when they arrived in around five minutes, just to accommodate me. And the trip to the hotel was quick, with check-in also courteous and easy. The shuttle was also very accommodating for individuals with needs to get to the nearby metro and/or airport. The walk to the Crystal City Metro is a very pleasant on if the weather is nice. Just a few blocks away from the hotel (at the intersection of S Eads Street and 23rd) is a great area known as “Restaurant Row.” Here you can find everything from American Bar & Grill fare, to Thai, Afghani, Ethiopian, Italian, Mexican, Chinese and more. Many people may stay here to visit DC, but also check out the events in Crystal City at http://www.crystalcity.org/events . I was headed into DC on a Sunday afternoon and heard some music and followed my ears to a great event called “Sip & Salsa” that was really awesome. If you are commuting to DC, keep in mind that you may need to add a few minutes to your commute. But from my experience, I found that the cost savings over DC prices for lodging and food was worth it. The hotel has its own diner and also an Irish Pub. I used the gym while there and found it adequate for my needs (including some free weights.) If you enjoy sunsets, ask if you can get a room on the 11th floor overlooking Eads St. There is a pretty park to the South that is good for jogging. If you want to get a glimpse of the “Restaurant Row” area at 23rd, walk to the opposite end of the hallway on the top floor and look out from the hallway window. You can see the small area several blocks away with colorful buildings. I normally book my lodging in DC through an online discounter, but I hope to have future stays at this location.

Room Tip: I really enjoyed a top floor room overlooking Eads Street for nice sunsets (and very quiet.)