“Nice, clean hotel for a reasonable price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City

You added Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City to your Saves list
Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2650 Jefferson Davis Highway, US Route 1, Arlington, VA 22202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #35 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersGold level
Pennsylvania
“Nice, clean hotel for a reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was a spur of the moment trip for me and 2 other ladies for the Memorial Day Weekend since our plans got cancelled. I purchase alot from Hotwire.com and came across this hotel for a reasonable price of $91 for one night. I wanted to be close to DC because we would be clubbing. I must say being a Marriott hotel freak that I was very pleased with this hotel. The weekend I came there was also a Bike Convention I believe that they do every year so we pulled up to thousands of Harley Davidsons which I thought would be distracting with so many people in this one hotel. Not all. When first arriving, check in was speedy. At first he said he wasn't sure if he couldn't accomodate us with beds for all 3 of us even though that is what the reservation said. He wasted no time with as busy as it was with getting us a 2 bed room. Parking was $16 which was the only downfall. Even though your car is parked secure in their parking lot, it is very tight to get in and out of but other than that, I know it was safe because I noticed an employee going around and checking everyone's car to make sure everyone parked in there was a guest at the hotel with the tag. When arriving from the elevator, the mural on the wall is beautiful, and entering our room was even better. This room was spacious and mighty clean. The beds were amazing and there is a cute refrigerator that is hidden in the dresser (which we thought was a drawer) but it is out of sight but very convenient. The staff was very friendly and the guy who checked us in even helped our drunk selves after a night of partying late by assisting us with heating up our food from Applebees (which is about 5 miles further into Arlington) in their lobby and walking us back to our room safely. The commute from the hotel to DC was no more than 10 minutes and the Pentagon is no more than 5 minutes away. A out of the way hotel for a reasonable price. I was also happy when I checked out to know that my parking was only $6 instead of $16. I want to say thank you to the staff of this hotel. You made my trip a easy, reasonable and comfortable trip. Oh and may I add. Even with so many kind and sweet bikers in this hotel, you could hear a pin drop on my floor. That's how quiet it was. They accomodate very well.

Room Tip: We were located on the third floor all the way at the end of the hall. It was convienant for us beca...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I found this very expensive for what we got at over $200 a night. A very small room that needs a new arrangement of the furniture. We had a king size bed which was very comfortable but the air conditioner was right at the bed blowing on me all night. The sheets protected me a little. Good thing we had an very early flight . I also noticed that the room had a very bad stale smell as if someone smoked it it and it stayed in the air filter. We had supper in the restaurant on site and found the food very good and plenty of it. We ordered a cab to take us to the airport because we had to leave before the shuttle started and found that the $6 fare very reasonable. If you need a place too sleep for a short time this hotel would do

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear daylili,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the hotel. We are glad to read you found the bed very comfortable, however, we regret letting you down on some aspects of your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed at this Holiday Inn near National Airport during a business trip and had a great experience. I had the occasion to rent a meeting room for a conference. The staff was professional, friendly and helpful. All was as expected; no surprises. The last thing that you want when setting up a conference from long distance is unexpected problems. This was not the case as all went well. The Diner directly adjacent to the hotel had good food at reasonable prices. The hotel is in walking distance of a number of other restaurants and eateries, and also to Crystal City. Its proximity to National Airport made it a very short commute to and from the hotel. Very good value for the price!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed for a couple of nights, the service is kind, the staff is proffessional, rooms and all areas are well cleaned and the ambience at the reception is very pleasant.
Great location, few blocks from a train station (Crystal City), if you don't mind to walk, it makes the access to D.C. a piece of cake. Arlington itself is a beautiful city, with plenty of malls, stores for all type of tastes and budgets, restaurants and bars to go out at night, so staying here is a win anyway you see it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Customer service was excellent. Staff was very professional and very helpful.
Special thanks to Heliria, Joy, Tamiru and Phil for their amazing customer service attention.
Perfect price, perfect place, perfect location, perfect customers service.

Room Tip: Always ask any question to the staff with a smile. ~:B)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I wanted to visit DC, but I wanted to stay within my budget. This hotel was perfect for that, it has a plus side of being right by the airport and they also have shuttles from holiday inn that will come and pick you up! I did not even have to worry about getting a taxi! As I came into the hotel, I was greeted at the front desk by a employee, Jay. He was very friendly and he also made the metro more understandable for me since I was new to the area. He also gave me good places nearby to eat and to visit, and he made my stay an enjoyable one! I would def recommend this hotel to everyone that wants excellent service and wants to be close to the airport!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

My RSVP was only for 1 night, 5/13/13, after staying at the Dbl Tree, Crystal City, VA. Boy how two hotels differ, First, HI rooms need to modernized, when the bathtub is a smokers nicotine color, you know it needs to updating. The room was big but very plane, I was very disappointed that there was no in-room safe. My room 830 had a broken a/c unit that wouldn't turn off and it only new 1 setting "Artic." I will say after notifying the front desk in person, they sent a repairman up and said it was fixed. Well it was fixed until I turned in on again.

I had to walk back to the lobby and I complained again. The front desk agent, Helina (if misspelled, I apologize) was GREAT, she immediately change my room and upgraded me. She apologized for any inconvience on my part and asked if there was anything else she could do.

I didn't care for the hotel rooms, but her service and thoughtfulness was top level!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear imnot1099,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am particularly appreciative about your comments on Helena. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge the staff concerned. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering superior service and are happy doing so. However, I would like to for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City? Share your experiences!