“Great Holiday Inn Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City to your Saves list
Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2650 Jefferson Davis Highway, US Route 1, Arlington, VA 22202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #34 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersGold level
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great Holiday Inn Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed at this Holiday Inn near National Airport during a business trip and had a great experience. I had the occasion to rent a meeting room for a conference. The staff was professional, friendly and helpful. All was as expected; no surprises. The last thing that you want when setting up a conference from long distance is unexpected problems. This was not the case as all went well. The Diner directly adjacent to the hotel had good food at reasonable prices. The hotel is in walking distance of a number of other restaurants and eateries, and also to Crystal City. Its proximity to National Airport made it a very short commute to and from the hotel. Very good value for the price!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed for a couple of nights, the service is kind, the staff is proffessional, rooms and all areas are well cleaned and the ambience at the reception is very pleasant.
Great location, few blocks from a train station (Crystal City), if you don't mind to walk, it makes the access to D.C. a piece of cake. Arlington itself is a beautiful city, with plenty of malls, stores for all type of tastes and budgets, restaurants and bars to go out at night, so staying here is a win anyway you see it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Customer service was excellent. Staff was very professional and very helpful.
Special thanks to Heliria, Joy, Tamiru and Phil for their amazing customer service attention.
Perfect price, perfect place, perfect location, perfect customers service.

Room Tip: Always ask any question to the staff with a smile. ~:B)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I wanted to visit DC, but I wanted to stay within my budget. This hotel was perfect for that, it has a plus side of being right by the airport and they also have shuttles from holiday inn that will come and pick you up! I did not even have to worry about getting a taxi! As I came into the hotel, I was greeted at the front desk by a employee, Jay. He was very friendly and he also made the metro more understandable for me since I was new to the area. He also gave me good places nearby to eat and to visit, and he made my stay an enjoyable one! I would def recommend this hotel to everyone that wants excellent service and wants to be close to the airport!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

My RSVP was only for 1 night, 5/13/13, after staying at the Dbl Tree, Crystal City, VA. Boy how two hotels differ, First, HI rooms need to modernized, when the bathtub is a smokers nicotine color, you know it needs to updating. The room was big but very plane, I was very disappointed that there was no in-room safe. My room 830 had a broken a/c unit that wouldn't turn off and it only new 1 setting "Artic." I will say after notifying the front desk in person, they sent a repairman up and said it was fixed. Well it was fixed until I turned in on again.

I had to walk back to the lobby and I complained again. The front desk agent, Helina (if misspelled, I apologize) was GREAT, she immediately change my room and upgraded me. She apologized for any inconvience on my part and asked if there was anything else she could do.

I didn't care for the hotel rooms, but her service and thoughtfulness was top level!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear imnot1099,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am particularly appreciative about your comments on Helena. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge the staff concerned. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering superior service and are happy doing so. However, I would like to for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Sycamore, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This place is relatively clean and located right next to the airport. Room was a bit small, and there was a somewhat unpleasant smell coming from the bathroom. Other than that, this hotel was a great value as the bed was comfortable and the staff was helpful.

Hollywood, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I checked in after midnight and it wasn't a pleasant experience. Very Dry and unwilling to help. Gave me a single bed (I requested a double when I made my reservation) The clerk insisted I called and requested a single (king) bed. The clerk fumbled on the computer for another 20 minutes and still said they dont have a double room. The next day I spoke to the young ladies at the counter and they were very helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear alis L,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards of service our guests expect.

I am sorry to hear about the troubles that you have encountered with your reservation. I sincerely apologize if some of our staff was not able to provide you the customer service you were expecting.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write to us. I do hope that you give us the chance of serving you again in the future.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City? Share your experiences!