“great service and close to the airport!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City to your Saves list
IHG Booking.com
Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2650 Jefferson Davis Highway, US Route 1, Arlington, VA 22202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #33 of 48 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersGold level
Miami, Florida
“great service and close to the airport!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I wanted to visit DC, but I wanted to stay within my budget. This hotel was perfect for that, it has a plus side of being right by the airport and they also have shuttles from holiday inn that will come and pick you up! I did not even have to worry about getting a taxi! As I came into the hotel, I was greeted at the front desk by a employee, Jay. He was very friendly and he also made the metro more understandable for me since I was new to the area. He also gave me good places nearby to eat and to visit, and he made my stay an enjoyable one! I would def recommend this hotel to everyone that wants excellent service and wants to be close to the airport!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

262 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

My RSVP was only for 1 night, 5/13/13, after staying at the Dbl Tree, Crystal City, VA. Boy how two hotels differ, First, HI rooms need to modernized, when the bathtub is a smokers nicotine color, you know it needs to updating. The room was big but very plane, I was very disappointed that there was no in-room safe. My room 830 had a broken a/c unit that wouldn't turn off and it only new 1 setting "Artic." I will say after notifying the front desk in person, they sent a repairman up and said it was fixed. Well it was fixed until I turned in on again.

I had to walk back to the lobby and I complained again. The front desk agent, Helina (if misspelled, I apologize) was GREAT, she immediately change my room and upgraded me. She apologized for any inconvience on my part and asked if there was anything else she could do.

I didn't care for the hotel rooms, but her service and thoughtfulness was top level!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear imnot1099,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am particularly appreciative about your comments on Helena. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge the staff concerned. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering superior service and are happy doing so. However, I would like to for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Sycamore, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This place is relatively clean and located right next to the airport. Room was a bit small, and there was a somewhat unpleasant smell coming from the bathroom. Other than that, this hotel was a great value as the bed was comfortable and the staff was helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hollywood, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I checked in after midnight and it wasn't a pleasant experience. Very Dry and unwilling to help. Gave me a single bed (I requested a double when I made my reservation) The clerk insisted I called and requested a single (king) bed. The clerk fumbled on the computer for another 20 minutes and still said they dont have a double room. The next day I spoke to the young ladies at the counter and they were very helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear alis L,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards of service our guests expect.

I am sorry to hear about the troubles that you have encountered with your reservation. I sincerely apologize if some of our staff was not able to provide you the customer service you were expecting.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write to us. I do hope that you give us the chance of serving you again in the future.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The hotel is typical Holiday Inn, everything works fine for the price I paid. If you need to be in business in Crystal city, or need to be near the airport it works perfectly.
The walk to the Crystal City metro is about 10 minutes. However, if you use your phone to get directions, google maps will make you go on the other side of the road. So the best way to do it is going thru the back of the hotel (S. Eads St) and turn right on 18th St. S; it does take about 10 minutes. I did that walk several times, including a couple of times at night, and it felt pretty safe. Also there is a 7-Eleven, a CVS nearby, and a couple of Mediterranean restaurants that are open 24 hours, which is pretty nice to have access in case you are hungry at night.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are pretty good. I was near the elevator, which is not something I like, and my ro...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Needing to get to my destination on the west coast early afternoon, we opted for the first flight out of DCA. I had no idea that the airport opened so early!! I found this gem of a hotel online. Once you find the hotel, which I strongly recommend you map out its location carefully as Crystal City can be a challenge to drive, we were welcomed at the desk with smiles and room key. As I had booked through the Park, Sleep and Fly web site, we needed to stay one night either at the beginning of the flight or end. The lady that checked us in could not have been kinder. We asked for a room away from both ice machine and elevator and up we went. We walked into the room and I realized someone had smoked in the room, we trekked back downstairs and our room was changed immediately-we asked for no smoking as my sweetheart is a reformed smoker. The rooms are not large but comfortable, but we had a good mattress on the king size bed and were guaranteed a wake up call. We decided to eat in the restaurant adjacent to the hotel-furnishings there could be updated and it is or was an old bar. The food, however, to our relief was quite good and reasonable. The waitress a delight. We asked, when finished eating, at the front desk what time we should be in the lobby-4:30 AM. Their driver usually begins at 5:00 AM but they accommodated us without any question. Our room was quiet! We slept very well and fortunately turned in early as our 3:45 AM wake up call came all to soon. The driver of the hotel van was ready, helped us with luggage, got us to the airport within five minutes right to the correct door for our airline's terminal we needed to enter at DCA and off we went. When we landed/returned we called the hotel and the driver came for us. It was lightly sleeting and cold, but the van warm. Could not have been easier. We will do this anytime we need to leave early or arrive super late at DCA. Now you many be wondering about the car. It was February in Northern VA. Weather can be a day at the beach or a blizzard. The car stayed for free the twelve days we were gone in a secure covered garage-part of the package. Use common sense where you park. For cheaper than the price of airport parking we got a good night's sleep, put our last minute items in the car we didn't need for the trip, and had transportation to our correct airline terminal with pick up at the other end.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Have stayed here several times without any problems. This time we had a problem. We woke up and the shower knob rotated; completely broken. We walked to the front desk and maintenance showed up. They replaced the knob, so now we had water but it would not shut off.
I visited the GM and asked how housekeeping could clean the bathroom without seeing there was no water coming out of the tub area? I explained maintenance fixed it but then the water continued to trickle after turning off. He was good about it ; wrote up a maintenance request and hopefully got it fixed.
I still like this property; rates are very reasonable and you're near many restaurants/bars. I will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City? Share your experiences!