“A Mixed Bag. Fine for One Short Night” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City to your Saves list
Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2650 Jefferson Davis Highway, US Route 1, Arlington, VA 22202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #33 of 48 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersGold level
Richmond, Virginia
“A Mixed Bag. Fine for One Short Night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I spent one night at this hotel for work travel. Overall it was fine -- not great and not poor. The front desk clerk was very personable. Unfortunately my room key didn't code so I lugged my luggage to the 8th floor, back to the desk and back to the 8th floor. Then the lock malfunctioned several times before it stopped sticking. So not a good start. The room was small but nice. No issues there except for the tiny pillows all Holiday Inns have these days. I slept well. The lobby was lovely and bright but the hallway to the room was somewhat dark. The elevators are quite slow, the buttons confusing and signage between the parking lot and lobby not clear. The good news is that parking is super cheap for DC. I didn't eat there so can't speak for the restaurant. Overall it was fine for an overnight but there are better options close by if you're staying a few days or on vacation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear JLB_miles_to_go,

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

261 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

A lot of good things to say about this place. Updated rooms, convenient location, quick airport shuttle, friendly staff, enough elevators to service all the guests... Overall a very good experience. The only constructive criticism I would add, is to add safes to each room - and - for the attached "diner" to offer some more classic diner dishes (meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy, etc). The diner is more of a burger joint. Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Okinawa-shi, Okinawa, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel before our early morning flight out of Reagan. It was a little tricky to find the entrance when driving in, but a short drive to the airport. The location was convenient to nearby restaurants. We used the free shuttle to visit the museums. The staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean. Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I spent the night here before my early morning flight. There are frequent shuttles to the airport helping to save time. Everything was as expected with no complaints. There is a bar and restaurant, but I elected to walk to 23rd St. to sample one of the local restaurants.

The hotel has a parking garage where I parked my car, for a fee, for the duration of my trip. Upon my return I called the hotel and within a 20 minutes the shuttle arrived.

I enjoyed my stay and would do it again.

Room Tip: The 11th floor was great, no noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Upon my arrival, a wedding was taking place, Parking was just horrible. I was driving in my for about 20 min. People under the parking deck were going the wrong way, It wasn't the best experience. Once I arrived inside the staff was very friendly and I was in my room in less then 5 min. I was very pleased about the speedy check in. I was leary about going back out because I was afraid I would lose my parking spot and it cost $16 a day to park and mind you, its not valet parking, its self parking for $16 a day. So I wasn't too happy with that.

Other then that, the room was very nice and clean, the bed was really comfortable and I slept like a baby, but was happy to leave because of all the traffic and congestion in the area.

Room Tip: I was on the 6th floor, Street view. It was ok
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HINationalAirport, Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

As the Hotel Manager, I apologize for the inconvenience we caused you regarding the parking situation at the hotel during a wedding we held at the property. We do try to accommodate as many people as possible, especially in the situations we have when hosting a wedding. Please don't hesitate to let us know the next time you are in the area, we'd love to have you again!

Ken Abrom
Hotel Manager
kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Priceline deal put me at this location for a night to await flight from Reagan. I was in Washington for the day and used Metro for transportation. This property is a long walk from the Crystal City Station ... especially long if you have cold or wet weather to contend with. There is a small store and two restaurant locations attached to the building. There is a McDonalds next door.
For a person relying on Metro I think you might feel a bit stranded... I did. I also thought all Holiday Inns provided some sort of breakfast service and was disappointed no offering was made here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn National Airport Hotel. After reading your comments regarding the added value you received, I noticed that my front desk staff didn't do a great job letting you know about the complimentary shuttle service we offer hotel guests that brings them to the Crystal City Metro, which is located 7 blocks from the hotel. You are correct, the third party internet booking rates that you purchased online doesn't include breakfast, but we do offer rates that do include a full American breakfast. As the guest service manager I apologize for my front desk staff not informing you about the hotel shuttle service to and from the Crystal City Metro station.

Jennifer Reilard
Guest Services Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed here for one night to catch an early flight from Reagan. Left my car parked here and took the hotel shuttle to the airport in the morning. Good service, decent room, good enough for one night. Other hotels right across the street were twice as expensive and not worth it for just one night. Only negative is that you have to call the hotel to get the airport shuttle to pick you up at Reagan to take you back to your car. This would have been good to know, we wouldn't have waited at the airport for an hour before learning from Travelor's Aid that you have to call the hotel to trigger the shuttle.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City? Share your experiences!