“Pretty busy location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City to your Saves list
Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2650 Jefferson Davis Highway, US Route 1, Arlington, VA 22202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #34 of 47 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersGold level
Richmond, Virginia
“Pretty busy location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Upon my arrival, a wedding was taking place, Parking was just horrible. I was driving in my for about 20 min. People under the parking deck were going the wrong way, It wasn't the best experience. Once I arrived inside the staff was very friendly and I was in my room in less then 5 min. I was very pleased about the speedy check in. I was leary about going back out because I was afraid I would lose my parking spot and it cost $16 a day to park and mind you, its not valet parking, its self parking for $16 a day. So I wasn't too happy with that.

Other then that, the room was very nice and clean, the bed was really comfortable and I slept like a baby, but was happy to leave because of all the traffic and congestion in the area.

Room Tip: I was on the 6th floor, Street view. It was ok
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HINationalAirport, Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

As the Hotel Manager, I apologize for the inconvenience we caused you regarding the parking situation at the hotel during a wedding we held at the property. We do try to accommodate as many people as possible, especially in the situations we have when hosting a wedding. Please don't hesitate to let us know the next time you are in the area, we'd love to have you again!

294 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Priceline deal put me at this location for a night to await flight from Reagan. I was in Washington for the day and used Metro for transportation. This property is a long walk from the Crystal City Station ... especially long if you have cold or wet weather to contend with. There is a small store and two restaurant locations attached to the building. There is a McDonalds next door.
For a person relying on Metro I think you might feel a bit stranded... I did. I also thought all Holiday Inns provided some sort of breakfast service and was disappointed no offering was made here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn National Airport Hotel. After reading your comments regarding the added value you received, I noticed that my front desk staff didn't do a great job letting you know about the complimentary shuttle service we offer hotel guests that brings them to the Crystal City Metro, which is located 7 blocks from the hotel. You are correct, the third party internet booking rates that you purchased online doesn't include breakfast, but we do offer rates that do include a full American breakfast. As the guest service manager I apologize for my front desk staff not informing you about the hotel shuttle service to and from the Crystal City Metro station.

Jennifer Reilard
Guest Services Manager
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed here for one night to catch an early flight from Reagan. Left my car parked here and took the hotel shuttle to the airport in the morning. Good service, decent room, good enough for one night. Other hotels right across the street were twice as expensive and not worth it for just one night. Only negative is that you have to call the hotel to get the airport shuttle to pick you up at Reagan to take you back to your car. This would have been good to know, we wouldn't have waited at the airport for an hour before learning from Travelor's Aid that you have to call the hotel to trigger the shuttle.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is a very good location at a very good price. Metro just a short walk away,,,you can get anywhere you want. They will shuttle you there; no charge, as well as to the airport. Restaurants are nearby,,,room is very nice.
Service with the front desk is very good/excellent. This is a good value for the money. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Just ask for what you want; they are very accomodating.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

i had a meeting in Washington DC i was there for one night but i chose this hotel to stay because i stayed here couple months ago its close to airport there is alot of food places around the hotel on walking distance hotel provide free shuttle for shoping mall and airport hotel is very clean i love the lobby of this hotel as soon u enter in the lobby u feel fresh happy its big quite if u wana sit there and enjoy your cup of coffee after your boring meeting also one more good thing is they have three elevators you dont have to wait front desk staff is amazing specially guy name Adeel he is very professional with alot of knowledge he helped me last time when i stayed here last he knows his job housekeeping staff also doing good job im coming back in may again hopefully i highly recommend this hotel .

Room Tip: any room every thing is good
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

It's great to know you had a wonderful stay at the Holiday Inn National Airport Hotel. We pride ourselves in making our hotel guests happy with their stay. Also, I will let Adeel know that you appreciated his professionalism and guest service he delivered to you at the Holiday Inn National. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you back in the near future.

Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

If you are doing business in the vicinity of the airport, this hotel is in an ideal location for access to main routes. Lobby is large, welcoming, and has plenty of comfortable seating. The staff was very helpful. Did not have any meals here. Room was average. Use a GPS is you are not familiar with the area, it is easy to get lost. Hungry?- McDonalds is just a few steps away and you don't have to cross the highway to get there.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HINationalAirport, Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear cw413,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments regarding the location of our Holiday Inn National Airport Hotel! You are correct the hotel is only 7 minutes from Regan National Airport, located in Arlington, VA. The hotel is only 10 minutes from the Pentagon, and 13 minutes from Washington, DC.; located off of U.S. 1 highway. As the Hotel Manager, I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay and the team members were very helpful, I will share this with all of them! If you are back in the Washington, DC area in the near future please come back and stay at Holiday Inn National, we look forward to serving you again!

Ken Abrom, Hotel Manager
Hanahan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

It is a wannabe hotel. They have made upgrades, but on the cheap! First look, I was impessed, but that was short lived. Lobby is very large and pretty. Front desk staff were efficient but gave you short, incomplete answers and very poor directions. The room looked OK, but this is where cheap comes in. The floor lamp ws broken and leaning over - i didn't use it in that condition. The other 2 lamps had only one low watt bulbs in the 2 light fixtures. Overall the toom was just too dark. I noticed the toilet seat was up in the bathroom, I can only assume it wasn't cleaned. I travel with Clorox Wipes, and proceeded to wipe down the bathroom. That's when I noticed the hair in the tub and sink. OK, it wasn't cleaned - but the towels were fresh I think. While cleaning, I had closed the toilet lid and sat down on it to finish wiping down the counter.- it colapsed! I have never encountered a toilet seat so thin and cheap that someone could not sit on it at all! I weigh 135 lbs, so it wasn't my weight! I normally sit on the toilet seat in the AM to put on my make-up, but not here! The remote for the TV only woked in one direction, so you have to go through all channels to get bck to something you wanted to watch, I turned it off. I didn't get a good nights sleep because the bed was just too hard, and the pillows were soft and cheap. This may be the right combination for some people, not me. Next morning I went down for coffee. Yes there were coffee makers in the room, but seeing the room was not cleaned, I was not going to take the chance to use it. So where is the coffee?? You have to walk through the long lobby, take a right to a long corridor, walk through another corridor and arrive at the diner - where you are charged for just a cup of coffee! Not knowing that I would be taking such a trip for just a cup of coffee, I had left my bags in my room. So I had to shlep all the way up to the 8th floor to get my bags. Too much for first thing in the morning. Because the lobby is so large, I can't see why they can't have a coffee cart set up there like most other hotels. Oh yea, they would miss out on the buck!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HINationalAirport, Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear In2Lax,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel. We as a hotel are always looking for ways to improve our product and our services, your review helps us tremendously. We are very sorry that you did not experience the level of service and product that you come to expect when staying at the Holiday Inn National. The information you listed in your review will be shared with the department heads so that we can properly address the issues you encountered. Thanks again for sharing your comments and feedback about the Holiday Inn National Airport Hotel.

Hotel Manager

Been to Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City? Share your experiences!