“OK But I'll Look For Something else” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City to your Saves list
Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2650 Jefferson Davis Highway, US Route 1, Arlington, VA 22202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #35 of 48 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersGold level
Hanahan
“OK But I'll Look For Something else”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

It is a wannabe hotel. They have made upgrades, but on the cheap! First look, I was impessed, but that was short lived. Lobby is very large and pretty. Front desk staff were efficient but gave you short, incomplete answers and very poor directions. The room looked OK, but this is where cheap comes in. The floor lamp ws broken and leaning over - i didn't use it in that condition. The other 2 lamps had only one low watt bulbs in the 2 light fixtures. Overall the toom was just too dark. I noticed the toilet seat was up in the bathroom, I can only assume it wasn't cleaned. I travel with Clorox Wipes, and proceeded to wipe down the bathroom. That's when I noticed the hair in the tub and sink. OK, it wasn't cleaned - but the towels were fresh I think. While cleaning, I had closed the toilet lid and sat down on it to finish wiping down the counter.- it colapsed! I have never encountered a toilet seat so thin and cheap that someone could not sit on it at all! I weigh 135 lbs, so it wasn't my weight! I normally sit on the toilet seat in the AM to put on my make-up, but not here! The remote for the TV only woked in one direction, so you have to go through all channels to get bck to something you wanted to watch, I turned it off. I didn't get a good nights sleep because the bed was just too hard, and the pillows were soft and cheap. This may be the right combination for some people, not me. Next morning I went down for coffee. Yes there were coffee makers in the room, but seeing the room was not cleaned, I was not going to take the chance to use it. So where is the coffee?? You have to walk through the long lobby, take a right to a long corridor, walk through another corridor and arrive at the diner - where you are charged for just a cup of coffee! Not knowing that I would be taking such a trip for just a cup of coffee, I had left my bags in my room. So I had to shlep all the way up to the 8th floor to get my bags. Too much for first thing in the morning. Because the lobby is so large, I can't see why they can't have a coffee cart set up there like most other hotels. Oh yea, they would miss out on the buck!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HINationalAirport, Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear In2Lax,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel. We as a hotel are always looking for ways to improve our product and our services, your review helps us tremendously. We are very sorry that you did not experience the level of service and product that you come to expect when staying at the Holiday Inn National. The information you listed in your review will be shared with the department heads so that we can properly address the issues you encountered. Thanks again for sharing your comments and feedback about the Holiday Inn National Airport Hotel.

Ken Abrom
Hotel Manager

298 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectations. It is about a block or two from the Crystal City Station which is about 10 mins away from DCA on the train. You can't ask for a better location, the Crystal City shops and restuarants is about a block away.

The 24 hr McDonalds next door is the nicest I've ever been in. There is a CVS right up the street and a Legal Seafood.

The hotel is clean, has flat panel tv's, nice room decor. I was suprise by the need for a room key to make the elevators move (to go up, not down). I stay at Holiday Inn's in the past and I was surprise by the USA today paper delivery.

The only downside was I thought the door was a little thin, when people did walk past my room talking it sounded like I had no door at all.

I highly recommend this hotel, given that this is DC I wouldn't pay more than 130-150 per night for this hotel.

Room Tip: This hotel has 10-12 floors get a room on a high floor with a good view. My room had a view of the p...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Hotel is somewhat dated...and it shows in the condition of the rooms. It wasn't bad, considering most other hotels in that area are quite expensive. It's definitely a no frills hotel. The staff and service was very good. They were friendly and responsive. Location is great, as you are within walking distance of quick eating, 24 hr pharmacy, etc. There is also a park behind the hotel which came in handy b/c we had kids in our party. Overall, it was a good value...considering the cost of other hotels in the area. I would stay there again when back in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments and feedback with the staff at the Holiday Inn National. As you mentioned in your review the Holiday Inn National is an older property than some of the other hotels in the Crystal City area; which is why we strive on delivering great service to all of our hotel guests. Our owners are always looking and willing to make improvements to ensure the guests are happy and their expectations are exceeded. Just last week the fitness center was totally renovated with all new equipment. Our team at the Holiday Inn National look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

If you have business in Crystal City, the Holiday Inn is very convenient price-wise and location-wise. Rooms are clean, the government rates provide you free breakfast, and there are plenty of places to dine out in the area. Proximity to Reagan is also a plus. All in all, compared to the other (pricy) hotels in the are, it is a good deal.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Wellington, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn National Airport for six nights during a vacation to DC. The hotel is very close to Reagan Airport (DCA), and the hotel provides a free shuttle every 30 mins (on the hour, half hour) to and from DCA. We could also use the shuttle to get to the Crystal City Metro station (15 mins walk, 5 mins by shuttle). The staff were courteous and helpful. The hotel diner was okay but we found the bar/restaurant's music too loud, which competed with the three TV channels all trying to cover multiple sports. The food was okay, nothing special.

The rooms are quite small - our room had a king size bed which took up most of the room. The rooms do not have a fridge or microwave (avail at $10 each per day), or a safe. It did have a good number of drawers to store our clothes, which allowed us to stow our suitcases away for the duration of our stay. The hotel has free wifi. The air conditioning unit was quite loud, but we didn't need to use it very often as the hotel heating was sufficient.

There are numerous restaurants nearby within 10 mins walk (toward Crystal City), and a 7-11 and CVS close by. Crystal City is one Metro stop from Pentagon City shopping centre, and 10 mins by Metro to the main sights in the National Mall.

This hotel is a very good value option for those visiting DC/Arlington for more than a few nights.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HINationalAirport, Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding the service and product at the Holiday Inn National Airport Hotel. Your feedback was shared with the department heads of the management team, and we will use this information to improve the level of service to the business and leisure travelers staying at our hotel! Thank you once again for being a loyal guest to the Holiday Inn Brand.

Denton, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We enjoy staying at the Holiday Inn prior to our vacations. The staff is friendly, the parking is in a garage, there is a McDonalds and CVS right next door. The transfers are also nice to have over to the airport and back.

Room Tip: Get the rate that includes parking to save money
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The best part of the hotel is, perhaps, the vibrant area that it is in. The hotel is close to Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA), and offers a free, convenient shuttle to and from the hotel. The hotel is situated near numerous restaurants and drug stores. It also offers a shuttle to the Crystal City Metro station.

I encountered friendly staff throughout my stay here, from the shuttle drivers to the front desk agents. The room was nice and I slept well. I was offered a free breakfast at check-in, but was unable to partake as I had an early AM flight. I'd stay here again without hesitation in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

It's always a great feeling to know that guests staying at the Holiday Inn National had a wonderful stay! As the hotel manager, it's great to know that the hotel staff provided you with the level of service you come to expect when staying in hotels away from home. We look forward to your return to the Holiday Inn National in 2013.

Yours in hospitality,
Ken Abrom, Hotel Manager

Been to Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City? Share your experiences!