“Good hotel, friendly shuttle drivers” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City

You added Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City to your Saves list
Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2650 Jefferson Davis Highway, US Route 1, Arlington, VA 22202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #35 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersGold level
Detroit, Michigan
“Good hotel, friendly shuttle drivers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Stayed here because of the price. It was a lot cheaper than the Hyatt up the road, but not as nice. I had a meeting at the Hyatt, but they were sold out, so I stayed at the Holiday Inn. It wasn't a bad stay. The only thing that I did was sleep and do work. I left early each morning and returned late. The shuttle drivers drove me to the Hyatt each morning. They were very friendly. The only thing that sort of rubbed me the wrong way was when I arrived. It was approximately 10:30PM. There were 4 guests at the desk. Two were being checked in. I was tired, but patiently waited my turn. When I was being checked in, I asked the clerk if my Priority Club number was included, because he didnt acknowledge that I was a platinum member. He said it wasn't, so I asked him if he could look it up. He obviously didnt want to do it and said that I could call Priority Club after my stay and they would give me the points. I asked if it was too much trouble to look it up and he said that he could try but it would take about 10 minutes. I stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Madison, WI the night before. The clerk looked up my number in less than a minute. I told the Holiday Inn clerk this and he again said that he would try. I told him to forget it and just check me in without the number. From reading the reviews of the hotel, I knew that Platinum members got a free breakfast during their stays. Because I didnt have my number, I did not get this perk. That night, I found my number and took it back to the same clerk. He added my number the reservation, but did not offer the breakfast. Normally, this wouldn't have bothered me, but it did. Maybe I was tired and irritable and expected more. I would have not even mentioned this if the clerk would have just said that he didn't feel like looking up the number instead of telling me that it would take 10 minutes. Anyway, I received my free breakfast coupons the next morning. I asked another clerk for them the next morning. Not that I cared about the breakfast. It was just the lack of service.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

This seems to be an older Holiday Inn property that has had some updating. It is located near the airport, but not particularly convenient to the Metro or much of anything (there is a McDonalds next door and a few restaurants about a block or 2 down). My room was updated, but still basically a Holiday Inn--nothing fancy, but decent enough. Internet is free, and my room was quiet (north facing, away from the flight paths). The airport shuttle is reliable, every 15 minutes, and they also will take you to the Metro. Staff are friendly and accomodating. Overall, not the best place to stay in DC, but solid, and I would recommend for a night or if you get a good rate.

Room Tip: I think north facing (odd numbered) rooms are quieter.
Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Bedford, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because it was close the the airport and they had reasonably priced airport parking through Global Airport Parking (globalairportparking.com) and because we could use our Priority Club points. The rooms were large and good. The desk arranged for our shuttle to the airport even though it was a half hour earlier than the time the shuttle was advertised to begin running.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

I have stayed here at least 10 times now on business. I like this hotel. It is a good value with a convenient location. There is free shuttle bus service between the DCA Reagan airport and Crystal City metro. I usually walk from the hotel to the Crystal City Metro especially if the weather is nice. Other than that there are other alternative hotels which are more convenient than this hotel. It is about 15 minute walk from the hotel to the Crystal city metro. Rooms are clean and comfortable. As a gold member I always enjoy complimentary breakfast at their restaurant, which is a value of about $12.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

Location and value reasons I chose Holiday Inn/Crystal City I stayed four nights. King size bed with small pillows a negative. I always pull linen back to check mattresses uncomfortable with basketball size dark stain on the mattress right side of headboard, asked desk clerk about it was told someone will contact me never got a reply. So exhausted I slept in chair first night next day purchased extra padding to cover mattress didn't make a fuss about it I was there to have a great time and I did. Restaurant closed at 11pm seemed a bit too early for me. Other than that staff was pleasant, parking convenient and community quiet.

Room Tip: choose room closest to elevators
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
nipiotrowska, Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Hello cdedorce,
Thanks for staying with the Holiday Inn National! We brought your review to the attention of guest services and management to further inspect. Despite this, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time in Washington, D.C. and found our staff and location convenient to your needs!

Haddonfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

The Holiday Inn was very clean, quiet and well priced. The restaurants downstairs were fine and open nice and late. Breakfast in the morning was great, delicious omlettes! My only problem was the pillows... For some reason, they decided it was stylish to have a king bed with 4 half sized pillows. It looks cool, but I am a fan of the full pillow. The parking garage felt safe and it was very conveniently located. Stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott and listened to their incredibly loud elevators for a few hours before discovering iphone sound machine app. The elevators were louder than the planes at the neighboring airport!

Room Tip: High floor away from elevators and ice machines
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
nipiotrowska, Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
Hello sun_vs_snow2011,
We are pleased to hear that Holiday Inn National is “Much better than the Courtyard by Marriott”! Our hospitality and restaurant teams work very hard in making each guest feel welcomed and satisfied with their stay. We will be sure to extend kudos to our Chef! Hope to see you again!
San Diego, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Very clean, nice and newly renovated. The neighborhood is among a whole bunch of other airport hotels. It is a short 5 minute (at most) shuttle ride to Reagan, but I did not hear any airplanes (which I thought was amazing). Room was clean, had a fridge. The bathroom was on the small side. Sheets were soft, bed firm, and there were pillow choices of soft and firm. Single cup coffee maker available and free water bottle was a nice touch. The TV was a new LCD, but some of the channels were fuzzy.

The parking structure was a bit hard to find initially and a bit tight.

Check in was the fastest I have EVER received. One guy was checking in on the computer, another was doing keys, and then the first guy had me sign in. A quick oiled machine, kudos, guys.

Very close to DC as well. Nice hotel. Restaurant is more like a 50s diner and is a short walk away. Had the breakfast buffet and it was good with fruit, eggs, french toast, cereal, bacon, breakfast potatoes and sliced melons/pineapple/grapes. A bit pricey at $12.99. I would have liked some nice oatmeal.

Was OK overall, standard hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
nipiotrowska, Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Hello SunnyDTraveler,
You’re list of our breakfast buffet made us hungry! We are very pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our hotel; from room amenities to our National Diner and close proximity to Reagan airport. Our team works very hard on accommodating each guest, making them feel at home while away from home. Thus, we’ll be sure to give kudos to our guest service team!
Hope to see you back soon!

Holiday Inn National team!

Been to Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City? Share your experiences!