My husband and I just returned from an overnight visit to the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Crystal City. We booked a non-smoking, KING sized bed room for one night. We pulled up to the front of the hotel to register and were told there was no valet and we should have self-parked prior to coming in to register. There wasn't a sign out front of the hotel or on the web instructing a guest of this procedure. We asked for a room on a high floor with a nice view and were given a room on the 9th floor, better known as the "quiet floor". We were never given instructions that we needed to place our room key into a slot in the elevator to get to our floor. Only after several unsuccessful attempts and pushing the 9th floor button again and agin and then watching another quest get in the elevator did we find out about this procedure. Upon entering the room, we noticed how small and tight the room was. The view was into the windows of an office building directly across the street. Since the window drapes were hanging over the air conditioning unit, the air conditioning was non-existing once the drapes were pulled closed. There were 4 small and I mean teeny-tiny pillows (like sofa throw pillows) on the bed. I referred to them as chicklets. When your head was on the center of the pillow, the sides of the tiny pillow wrapped around your ears. We called housekeeping to request two additional pillows and they sent up two limp but lumpy pillows. The bathroom was so tiny you could only fit one person in at a time. If you were on the toilet, no one could open the door to get to the sink. If you are the least bit clostrophobic, do not stay at this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport Hotel Arlington
- Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Arlington
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Arlington
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza National Airport Hotel in Arlington, Virginia is a first class, full service hotel located in the heart of Crystal City. Only moments away from the Nation s Capitol and the Pentagon, we are less than one mile from Reagan National Airport. Located within minutes of Washington, DC agencies and attractions, the Crowne Plaza has been newly upgraded offering the Sleep Advantage Program for your additional comfort. With you in mind, each guest room offers plush duvet covers with 7 pillows, upgraded linen and mattress toppers. The Crowne Plaza National Airport Hotel is close to companies and agencies such as US Airways, IBM, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, National Guard , and many more. We specialize in government travelers offering per diem rates. Stay connected with our free Wireless High Speed Internet Access in our public areas and 24 Hour business center. Maintain your exercise regimen in our 24 Hour Fitness Center. The Crystal City Metro Station is one block away with Historic Old Town Alexandria only two miles. We boast five meeting rooms plus an array of business class amenities. We take pride in providing exemplary customer service and will take care of your every need. Come to the Crowne Plaza National Airport Hotel, The Place To Meet! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.