I flew into Reagan National Airport and wanted a hotel with a free shuttle that was a good price. I was traveling this portion of my trip alone and wanted a good location as well. I found this place on hotels.com and decided to try it.
I called to arrange a pickup at the airport when I was picking up my bags at baggage claim and I only had to wait about 15 minutes which isn't bad at all considering DC traffic. The airport has an area for hotel shuttle pickups so you just tell them which airline you flew in on and they will meet you at the pickup area for your terminal.
The hotel is very near the Crystal City metro stop so you can also take the metro from the airport to that stop if you'd rather do that. They will also do free shuttles to and from the metro but it is an easy 5 minute walk in a nice area. There is a small shopping center at the metro entrance with a Rite Aid pharmacy/grocery store, restaurants, and small shoe and clothing stores. It is also close to the VRE rail stop which is nice. Down the street past the shopping center are more restaurants as well. I recommend Good Stuff Eatery if you like burgers.
The hotel itself is nice with a couple of eating choices on site, including a Starbucks. There is a room with exercise equipment on the 2nd floor but I didn't use it. There is also a pool but I didn't see that either. The lobby is nice and there are 3 elevators to get to your floor. There are also some computers in the lobby with internet that are available for free. The deal I got included free WiFi in my room so I didn't use the lobby computers. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful and I had no problems checking in.
The room was very nice - I chose a room with a King and a sofa since I was alone. The furniture and carpets looked new or in great condition. The bathroom was nice and the complimentary toiletries smelled nice. There was also an aromatherapy sleep kit that was complimentary which was a nice touch. The room also had a small refridgerator which I enjoyed.
I didn't have any issues with the free WiFi and I stayed on a Friday night. The internet is password protected and password changes each Sunday.
The mattress was nice - it seemed new. The pillows were some of the best I've had and I wanted to take them with me!
The roads around the hotel didn't seem too busy and traffic noise was very minimal. I didn't have any noise issues from outside, but people on my floor seemed to not care about making sure their doors didn't slam shut. I couldn't really hear people otherwise, but I was also at the end of the hall.
The only thing that wasn't great was the ice machine on my floor and the floor above me didn't work so I had to go up 2 levels to get ice. The soda machine on my floor didn't work either but it kind of looked like it might have not been plugged in.
The other thing was some of the tv channels didn't get the best reception and some didn't work at all. I ended up just using my computer anyway though so it wasn't a big deal for me.
Overall I really enjoyed my stay here and it will be the first place I look at next time. I would highly recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza National Airport Hotel in Arlington, Virginia is a first class, full service hotel located in the heart of Crystal City. Only moments away from the Nation s Capitol and the Pentagon, we are less than one mile from Reagan National Airport. Located within minutes of Washington, DC agencies and attractions, the Crowne Plaza has been newly upgraded offering the Sleep Advantage Program for your additional comfort. With you in mind, each guest room offers plush duvet covers with 7 pillows, upgraded linen and mattress toppers. The Crowne Plaza National Airport Hotel is close to companies and agencies such as US Airways, IBM, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, National Guard , and many more. We specialize in government travelers offering per diem rates. Stay connected with our free Wireless High Speed Internet Access in our public areas and 24 Hour business center. Maintain your exercise regimen in our 24 Hour Fitness Center. The Crystal City Metro Station is one block away with Historic Old Town Alexandria only two miles. We boast five meeting rooms plus an array of business class amenities. We take pride in providing exemplary customer service and will take care of your every need. Come to the Crowne Plaza National Airport Hotel, The Place To Meet! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport Hotel Arlington
- Crowne Plaza Arlington
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Arlington