“Very nice, great location!” 4 of 5 stars

Save 20%
Ranked #21 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersGold level
Logan, UT
“Very nice, great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

I flew into Reagan National Airport and wanted a hotel with a free shuttle that was a good price. I was traveling this portion of my trip alone and wanted a good location as well. I found this place on hotels.com and decided to try it.

I called to arrange a pickup at the airport when I was picking up my bags at baggage claim and I only had to wait about 15 minutes which isn't bad at all considering DC traffic. The airport has an area for hotel shuttle pickups so you just tell them which airline you flew in on and they will meet you at the pickup area for your terminal.

The hotel is very near the Crystal City metro stop so you can also take the metro from the airport to that stop if you'd rather do that. They will also do free shuttles to and from the metro but it is an easy 5 minute walk in a nice area. There is a small shopping center at the metro entrance with a Rite Aid pharmacy/grocery store, restaurants, and small shoe and clothing stores. It is also close to the VRE rail stop which is nice. Down the street past the shopping center are more restaurants as well. I recommend Good Stuff Eatery if you like burgers.

The hotel itself is nice with a couple of eating choices on site, including a Starbucks. There is a room with exercise equipment on the 2nd floor but I didn't use it. There is also a pool but I didn't see that either. The lobby is nice and there are 3 elevators to get to your floor. There are also some computers in the lobby with internet that are available for free. The deal I got included free WiFi in my room so I didn't use the lobby computers. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful and I had no problems checking in.

The room was very nice - I chose a room with a King and a sofa since I was alone. The furniture and carpets looked new or in great condition. The bathroom was nice and the complimentary toiletries smelled nice. There was also an aromatherapy sleep kit that was complimentary which was a nice touch. The room also had a small refridgerator which I enjoyed.

I didn't have any issues with the free WiFi and I stayed on a Friday night. The internet is password protected and password changes each Sunday.

The mattress was nice - it seemed new. The pillows were some of the best I've had and I wanted to take them with me!

The roads around the hotel didn't seem too busy and traffic noise was very minimal. I didn't have any noise issues from outside, but people on my floor seemed to not care about making sure their doors didn't slam shut. I couldn't really hear people otherwise, but I was also at the end of the hall.

The only thing that wasn't great was the ice machine on my floor and the floor above me didn't work so I had to go up 2 levels to get ice. The soda machine on my floor didn't work either but it kind of looked like it might have not been plugged in.

The other thing was some of the tv channels didn't get the best reception and some didn't work at all. I ended up just using my computer anyway though so it wasn't a big deal for me.

Overall I really enjoyed my stay here and it will be the first place I look at next time. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Shelburne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

We stay at DC hotels on a regular basis to visit our daughter and I so glad we found this hotel. The hotel has had a recent renovation and is spotless, spacious and most important the staff is really, really friendly and helpful. Especially Michelle (front office manager) - with a billing issue she went out of her way to assist and correct immediately. And for those that might hesitate because of location - don't. On a weekend we can leave the hotel and be downtown near Constitution Ave in less than 15 minutes. My visits at the Hamilton Crowne Plaza (another nuce hotel) have taken longer to get to the same place.
How can you go wrong - clean, great prices, close to downtown and friendly staff? The staff make the difference in my opinion.

Room Tip: nice nighttime view of the city if you ask.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

This was a very convenient to Reagan National. It was easy to call the hotel and have them pick you up and take you to the airport. It was was close to the metro stop and within walking distance to restaurants and other hotels for conferences. It was also near nice recreation areas. Great place to stay!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Rocklin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

My wife and I used this hotel as a home base for our landmark visits. Great staff, easy access to the metro and a very safe area.
Room was very comfortable and elevators were quick. Front desk staff was very helpful. Shuttle to and from airport was very helpful and easy.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

My cousin and I were looking for a hotel that would be within walking distance of a metro stop with easy access into the city. We couldn't afford to stay in DC, but this was the next best option. We also chose this hotel for it's location near DCA Airport as we were scheduled to fly in/out of there for our six day trip.

Check-in was a breeze as we called ahead to say we would be arriving after 1am (due to a late flight arrival). Check out was just as easy. The front desk is stocked with local area and DC area maps, which came in very handy. The front lobby is quite nice, and there is a shuttle available to take you places within a one mile distance from the hotel.

We were booked on a quiet zone floor, but there was a party going on in the room next to us until all hours of the night. I don't mind that there was a party, just that we could hear it so easily through the door adjoining our rooms. I had even called ahead to be sure we would be put on a quiet floor.

The rooms could use an update, and it would be great if the room would have had two queen beds instead of two doubles. The bathroom was quite small. If I'm being really picky, I prefer a bathroom with the sink outside of the toilet/shower area.

We also asked where we could find a supermarket to pick up some breakfast supplies. We were told that a shuttle driver could take us to one that wasn't within walking distance. Fortunately, another guest overheard my question and mentioned that there was a Rite-Aid in the shopping complex attached to the metro station. That's all we needed really. When I asked about parking overnight on the street outside the hotel, I was told that they really recommended we park in their lot, which of course they would say as they charge $20+ a night! Parking on the street is free from 6pm to 8am the next morning, and there was plenty of it both times I parked a car there. When asking about the morning shuttle departure times for DCA, we were told two different pieces of information by the front desk staff: one told us it started at 3:30am and one told us 4:30am. I was finally able to confirm that it starts at 4:30am, and we looked at the airport website to find that security opens only at 4:30am (and it's not a HUGE airport) so don't bother taking a taxi before 4:30am.

I also did not receive any rewards points despite having booked this hotel room through my IHG account. I had to fill out a form to receive my missing points. As a frequent traveler, I expect a little more from the IHG brand. However, because of the price and location, I would recommend this place to the traveler on a budget.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
CPNationalAirport, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your most recent stay at our property. Reviews such as yours give us the ability to identify where our hotel excels and where we need to improve.

While we are very happy to hear about the efficiency of your check-in and check-out experience, we are sorry to hear that there was miscommunication regarding our shuttle services. We provide a complementary shuttle to give all guests a convenient ride to and from the Regan National Airport and locations within a mile of the hotel. We additionally regret your experience with the IHG reward points; this will certainly be brought to the attention of our front office agents.

We do hope you will consider staying at our property if you find yourself in the Washington, DC area again. If you would like assistance setting up any future reservations, please feel free to contact me at (703) 416-1600 or Michelle.Bloomer@BFsaul.com

Michelle Bloomer
Front Office Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Stayed here and reviewed last year (2013). We liked it so much that we returned.
Location: easy access to subway / public transportation, walking distance from shopping, dining, Mt. Vernon Trail, bike rental. I made it anywhere I wanted to go in about 30 minutes on the subway.
Hotel: clean and comfortable, quiet
Staff: exceptional, very accommodating and helpful, restaraunt staff particularly
Starbucks on premises
Handicap accessibility: fairly easy access for my wife's wheelchair, stored a rented scooter and wheelchair for us so we could choose which one to use. Swimming pool has handicap lift.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Nothing special, been around for awhile but definitely NOT a bad place to stay. I would say an average rating for a Crowne is fair. Staff were friendly, facilities were fine. Clean and good location. Can be a good deal given its location. Recommended and acceptable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
We want to thank you for taking your time to write about your most recent stay at our property. We are thrilled to hear that your experience with all of our staff was positive! We hold all of our staff to a high standard of excellence.

In regards to the dated appearance, we are in the process of renovating our guest rooms, which will allow for a fresh up to date appearance.

If you are ever in the Washington, DC area again and would like assistance with your reservation, please contact me directly at (703) 416-1600 or Michelle.Bloomer@BFsaul.com

Michelle Bloomer
Guest Services Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport? Share your experiences!