My cousin and I were looking for a hotel that would be within walking distance of a metro stop with easy access into the city. We couldn't afford to stay in DC, but this was the next best option. We also chose this hotel for it's location near DCA Airport as we were scheduled to fly in/out of there for our six day trip.
Check-in was a breeze as we called ahead to say we would be arriving after 1am (due to a late flight arrival). Check out was just as easy. The front desk is stocked with local area and DC area maps, which came in very handy. The front lobby is quite nice, and there is a shuttle available to take you places within a one mile distance from the hotel.
We were booked on a quiet zone floor, but there was a party going on in the room next to us until all hours of the night. I don't mind that there was a party, just that we could hear it so easily through the door adjoining our rooms. I had even called ahead to be sure we would be put on a quiet floor.
The rooms could use an update, and it would be great if the room would have had two queen beds instead of two doubles. The bathroom was quite small. If I'm being really picky, I prefer a bathroom with the sink outside of the toilet/shower area.
We also asked where we could find a supermarket to pick up some breakfast supplies. We were told that a shuttle driver could take us to one that wasn't within walking distance. Fortunately, another guest overheard my question and mentioned that there was a Rite-Aid in the shopping complex attached to the metro station. That's all we needed really. When I asked about parking overnight on the street outside the hotel, I was told that they really recommended we park in their lot, which of course they would say as they charge $20+ a night! Parking on the street is free from 6pm to 8am the next morning, and there was plenty of it both times I parked a car there. When asking about the morning shuttle departure times for DCA, we were told two different pieces of information by the front desk staff: one told us it started at 3:30am and one told us 4:30am. I was finally able to confirm that it starts at 4:30am, and we looked at the airport website to find that security opens only at 4:30am (and it's not a HUGE airport) so don't bother taking a taxi before 4:30am.
I also did not receive any rewards points despite having booked this hotel room through my IHG account. I had to fill out a form to receive my missing points. As a frequent traveler, I expect a little more from the IHG brand. However, because of the price and location, I would recommend this place to the traveler on a budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza National Airport Hotel in Arlington, Virginia is a first class, full service hotel located in the heart of Crystal City. Only moments away from the Nation s Capitol and the Pentagon, we are less than one mile from Reagan National Airport. Located within minutes of Washington, DC agencies and attractions, the Crowne Plaza has been newly upgraded offering the Sleep Advantage Program for your additional comfort. With you in mind, each guest room offers plush duvet covers with 7 pillows, upgraded linen and mattress toppers. The Crowne Plaza National Airport Hotel is close to companies and agencies such as US Airways, IBM, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, National Guard , and many more. We specialize in government travelers offering per diem rates. Stay connected with our free Wireless High Speed Internet Access in our public areas and 24 Hour business center. Maintain your exercise regimen in our 24 Hour Fitness Center. The Crystal City Metro Station is one block away with Historic Old Town Alexandria only two miles. We boast five meeting rooms plus an array of business class amenities. We take pride in providing exemplary customer service and will take care of your every need. Come to the Crowne Plaza National Airport Hotel, The Place To Meet! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, IHG, Priceline, Otel, Odigeo, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport Hotel Arlington
- Crowne Plaza Arlington
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Arlington