“Nice hotel except for construction noise” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30% this Summer!
Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersGold level
Pennsylvania
“Nice hotel except for construction noise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stayed here for one night while visiting son in DC. Room and bed were comfortable (I especially liked the spa lotion/amenities in the room). Bathroom was small but towels were large and soft. Very convenient to Crystal City shops, restaurants and Metro stop. I picked this hotel because I was able to use credit card points for a free night's stay and I'm guessing I didn't have to use up too many points because of the construction noise from renovations right in front of the hotel (although we were given a quiet room and heard nothing there). Parking is around the corner because of the construction and isn't inconvenient. The staff were very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I have always found this brand to be welcoming and professional. This property was no exception. We arrived rather late, and just needed a comfortable bed, a clean bathroom, good coffee and a quick getaway for an early flight. We got all the above. Check in was swift and polite, and I received a voucher for a welcome drink and breakfast as a IHG rewards member. Sleep amenities were provided and the bathroom products the usual quality range. It was also easy to get to DCA in the morning. I would choose this property again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
CPNationalAirport, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Frederickoz:

We are thrilled to hear you were pleased with the service and amenities you received during your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza National Airport. Our staff works hard to help our guests feel comfortable and welcome; we are truly glad to hear you felt they were successful in their efforts.

We are also very flattered to hear you felt we exemplified the Crowne Plaza brand; it is always wonderful to hear when a loyal IHG guest finds our property on par with our Crowne Plaza counterparts.

We certainly hope to see you back at the Crowne Plaza National Airport the next time your travels bring you to the Washington, DC area. If you would like any assistance in the future setting up a reservation, feel free to contact me. I can be reached at libby.vertz@bfsaul.com or by phone at (703) 416-1600.

Until next time,

Libby Vertz
Guest Relations
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Conveniently located near the pentagon (you can walk there if you wanted). Decent prices for the location with several restaurants inside and nearby, also about. 10 minute walk from the metro station so it's not a bad spot to stay if you are looking to visit the tourist attractions in D.C. Just get a metro ticket and you can be to the Smithsonian in 3 stops.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Columbia, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed here overnight Didn't expect much. The service was very polished. Shuttle convenient and friendly. Room service efficient. On the property sports bar well run and friendly. The rooms were updated with the latest in modern conveniences. Internet was free.

This is a model for an airport business hotel. No surprises, just like you want it.

Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I was there for a meeting on site. I requested a quiet room, and we were put on a dedicated quiet floor in a room on the back of the hotel (there were busy streets on either side) away from the elevator and vending.The room had a refrigerator which was very convenient. Every staff member I encountered was beyond helpful. A small group from the meeting involved in strategic planning asked for a diner upstairs in an area normally closed at dinner time. We were accommodated immediately, and the waiter was extremely helpful, including menu modifications - was prepared for individual checks without being asked ahead of time. The hotel is very close to the Metro and to the Crystal City Shops including many restaurants. I will definitely stay there again when I need to be in Arlington.

Room Tip: Avoid the west side over Jefferson Davis Highway. The north side is quietest.
Riverview, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

This hotel should be the model for customer service in the hotel industry. Every person I came in contact with was beyond pleasant and friendly. They really wanted to please their customer. When I arrived at the airport, I called the hotel and the shuttle was there in about 5 minutes. They said it does come around every 15 minutes. You can't beat that! The bar, restaurant, and Star Bucks on the premises were all excellent too. The food was great and the buffalo chicken wings were the best I have ever had! You must try them. There were daily food specials at the restaurant which is nice. Houman was the best server ever and when he delivered for room service, he was most attentive. A friendly, nice person too! I was at this hotel for a conference and many people commented that the hotel was a good choice. The conference was run smoothly in part to the excellent service received by Lauren Madison and Mauricio Cortez. They aim to please and are super people too! The rooms were clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. I will definitely visit this hotel again if I am in DC. There are lots of restaurants within walking distance and the hotel shuttle will also drive you if you prefer. I highly recommend the hotel for a DC visit of business or pleasure.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
CPNationalAirport, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear DeborahVJ:

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are absolutely thrilled you to hear how satisfied you were with your stay at the Crowne Plaza National. We hold our team members to a high standard of service, and we are glad to hear you felt they succeeded in all their efforts.

I will be sure to pass on your compliments to Houman, Lauren, Mauricio, and the rest of our team members. I am confident they will be as delighted as I am to hear they were able to make your stay a memorable one.

We hope to see you back again soon at the Crowne Plaza National Airport. Should your travels return you to our area, I would be happy to assist you in setting up a reservation. I can be reached at (703) 416-1600 or by email at libby.vertz@bfsaul.com.

Until next time!

Libby Vertz
Guest Relations
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Let me first say when you first walk in you are confronted by some amazing smiles at the front desk. Katherine and Candice will make you fell so important. And The Other Lady's Are A Nice On The Other shifts. Next the Hotel is always clean and spotless. The down stairs bar and pub has great food with good employees. Location is 2 blocks from Metro rail very safe area. First time to DC and by staying in Crystal City was the best choice. Value, safe, clean and friendly. Anytime I return I will stay here.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport? Share your experiences!