“Maybe the best front desk staff” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #20 of 48 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersGold level
Reno, Nevada
“Maybe the best front desk staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Let me first say when you first walk in you are confronted by some amazing smiles at the front desk. Katherine and Candice will make you fell so important. And The Other Lady's Are A Nice On The Other shifts. Next the Hotel is always clean and spotless. The down stairs bar and pub has great food with good employees. Location is 2 blocks from Metro rail very safe area. First time to DC and by staying in Crystal City was the best choice. Value, safe, clean and friendly. Anytime I return I will stay here.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

223 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

What an amazing location!! From the minute we were picked up at DCA..it was the start of a great stay. A very warm welcome from the shuttle driver, a great check in experience and a very comfortable room was ahead of us. The front desk staff was very helpful in helping us find our way into the city and making sure we didn't miss the best parts.
Our room was very clean, warm and comfortable. For the rate we got we couldn't ask for anything more.
Having the metro stop only two blocks away was even better. We will definitely recommend and stay here again many more times.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed 4 days in this hotel for a conference. This is a renovated hotel (at least my room and the 2-level lobby) with great access to the Metro stop a few blocks away. The room had a large bed and desk, but the bathroom was tiny with a small counter. Wifi coverage was good. The hot breakfast was good, the same small-ish selection every day on the buffet. The Starbucks in the lobby is a nice addition.
The airport bus runs every 15 minutes in theory, but they skipped my scheduled departure time because the one bus running was late. I got to wait 20 minutes wondering if I missed my flight. The other 2 hotel buses were sitting outside idle.
When I checked in, I had to sign a statement agreeing to a $50 charge if I checked out early for any reason. I knew immediately that I had paid too much but it was too late to cancel without paying for a night. Sure enough I paid about 40% more than the current price online. I suggest skipping the discounted non-cancelable rate when you book and then checking the rate every couple of days or you will pay more than this hotel is worth. As many other hotels are doing, the rate will also vary for each night of your stay. The two Crystal City Marriotts are good alternatives.

Room Tip: Rooms on the same side as the entrance are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Stafford, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The Crowne Plaza Hotel is a nice mid-tier hotel in Crystal City. The hotel is located on the quiet end of Crystal Dirve, but within walking distance to the Metro and several awesome restaurants. This area of Crystal City has high rise apartments, business offices, shopping and lots of restaurants. It is bustling during the day. Restaurants are busy at night, but you have the feeling of being in a modern village.

The hotel has all of the amenities you need for business, family or couples travel. With two restaurants/bar, fitness center, pool and a business center this is great hotel for a conference (the reason for my visit).

The rooms were a few steps up from the Holiday Inn, but didn't reach the level of the companies luxury flagship Intercontinental Hotels. The beds were very comfortable and each room was well appointed with the usual tv, iron, hair dryer, etc... Crystal City is less than a mile from Regan National Airport (the hotel has a shuttle for convenience); this hotel is near the flight paths of the runways, but I never heard any of the noise that goes along with that!

This was my second conference in this hotel in two years. The food both times was excellent, the staff more than accommodating. The large and small conference rooms are well appointed with comfortable chairs and nice tables. As part of both planning teams, I would recommend the Crown Plaza again for large and small groups.

Green Features: I didn't notice an effort to recycle or conserve.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

There were a couple REALLY great things about this hotel. First, there's a Starbucks in the hotel. Second, the staff is very accommodating - especially with the shuttle service. I was traveling with a coworker who had to go buy a new suit and they shuttled him to a nearby mall. They also picked him up and brought him back to the hotel after he was done shopping. We had to go to an awards ceremony at a nearby hotel and they shuttled us over to the hotel with no problem whatsoever. The rooms were fine - no complaints really. Because of their flexibility I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Juneau, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We had just settled into our well-appointed room when I turned back the bed covers and discovered blood on the sheets--just a drop, but it wasn't mine. The management immediately sent housekeeping with new sheets, which we put on for ourselves because we were already prepared for sleeping. Management called soon after, insisting that we move to an upgraded suite. That was considerate, but we did have to pack up and move to another floor. The suite was poorly arranged with a lot of wasted space and a very small counter in the bathroom--inconvenient for make-up and hair styling for my partner. The management again checked on us during our stay and check-out and were very considerate. We would probably stay here again because of their efforts.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
CPNationalAirport, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Drmrru12:

We are so sorry to hear about the housekeeping mishap you experienced while staying with us. Our staff works hard to provide guests with an enjoyable, clean, and comfortable experience; we regret that your stay was anything less. Thank you for leaving your feedback so we can avoid such an issue in the future.

Thank you also for your comments regarding the layout of our junior suite bedroom. I will pass your concerns onto our management so they are aware of the issues you faced while staying with us.

We are glad to hear you would give our hotel a second chance. We would truly appreciate the chance to impress you with not just our service, but our guestrooms and amenities as well. If you would like any assistance setting up a future reservation, please feel free to contact me. I can be reached at (703) 416-1600 or libby.vertz@bfsaulco.com.

Libby Vertz
Guest Relations
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Hotel staff were very friendly and accomodating.
Nothing we asked for was too much trouble.
Potomac Pub had great food and staff. Thank youi Lolita and Abdel.
Lots of restaurants close by and conveniently located to the metro which made it easy to get around.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CPNationalAirport, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Jackie W:

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time at the Crowne Plaza National Airport. We hold our team members to a high standard of service; and it is wonderful to hear you appreciated their efforts.

I will pass on your compliments to Lolita and Abdel in our restaurant specifically as well. They will be thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time with them.

We look forward to your next visit to the Crowne Plaza National Airport. Should you like any assistance setting up a future reservation feel free to let me know. I can be reached at (703) 416-1600 or libby.vertz@bfsaulco.com.

Libby Vertz
Guest Relations

Been to Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport? Share your experiences!