We stayed here for 4 nights in July-August 2013. Shuttle picked us up at airport - definite plus. Front desk staff at check in was very friendly. Room was clean and stocked when we arrived. Small rooms but what you would expect with a 3.5 star. Manage expectations! You want a 5 star experience then book a Hilton!!!
Location is great. Super close to Metro and great dinner options. Very close to airport.
The second day the room seemed hastily cleaned- no fresh toiletries, no clean cups in the bathroom. Sheets definitely not changed once during our stay. I searched for a "put this sign on bed for fresh linens" card but no luck. Last two days beds weren't even fully made- throw pillows and comforters left on the desk!
Unfortunately for us the last two nights our stay corresponded with a group event - many of whom were on our floor. They were loud and rude - screaming down the halls after 11pm - playing music and YouTube videos in the hallway full volume with no earphones. Called front desk two nights in a row. Didn't do much good. Suppose I should respectfully "demand" to be moved next time. Felt that someone could have dealt with this better as ensuring all guests are having an enjoyable stay is the goal.
Perhaps CP should consider what some other hotels and college dormatories do and create "quiet floors". Guests who want quiet from 10-10 can stay there while louder guests can enjoy themselves on other floors without worry.
I am a not someone who pays $100 a night and expects a Fairmont! However clean and quiet are non negotiable for me and we only got that 50% of the time.
I would try my luck elsewhere next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza National Airport Hotel in Arlington, Virginia is a first class, full service hotel located in the heart of Crystal City. Only moments away from the Nation s Capitol and the Pentagon, we are less than one mile from Reagan National Airport. Located within minutes of Washington, DC agencies and attractions, the Crowne Plaza has been newly upgraded offering the Sleep Advantage Program for your additional comfort. With you in mind, each guest room offers plush duvet covers with 7 pillows, upgraded linen and mattress toppers. The Crowne Plaza National Airport Hotel is close to companies and agencies such as US Airways, IBM, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, National Guard , and many more. We specialize in government travelers offering per diem rates. Stay connected with our free Wireless High Speed Internet Access in our public areas and 24 Hour business center. Maintain your exercise regimen in our 24 Hour Fitness Center. The Crystal City Metro Station is one block away with Historic Old Town Alexandria only two miles. We boast five meeting rooms plus an array of business class amenities. We take pride in providing exemplary customer service and will take care of your every need. Come to the Crowne Plaza National Airport Hotel, The Place To Meet! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotwire, IHG, Agoda, Venere, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport Hotel Arlington
- Crowne Plaza Arlington
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Arlington