“Great hotel with outstanding service” 5 of 5 stars

Weekend Savings!
Ranked #20 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersGold level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great hotel with outstanding service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We booked around 20 rooms at the CP National Airport for our wedding guests and they all aboslutely loved it. The service, whether we worked with the the coordinator, the reservations department, or the people at the reception desk, was simply outstanding. Our guests came from different countries and places within the US, and arrived and left at different days, but everything was perfectly organized. The rooms are comfortable and spacious, and the pool was perfect for the hot DC Summer days. While not located in Washington DC proper, the hotel is only about 5 min. walking from the metro which takes you in no time to the sights around the National Mall and the White House, and only a couple of blocks from the large shopping mall in Pentagon City.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed here from July 10 through July 18th and check in was a bit rough because it was through Wyndham Jade convention services. The room looked just like most of the photo's added by guests so you should not go into the room expecting much. I have photos and will load them. I did not use their Internet services because I brought my own but I was given the pass word. Always keep in mind that the free shuttle stops at midnight as I would not want anyone else left like we were , because no one told us. We ate at the Potomac, the Starbucks, and the restaurant next to it on the mezzanine floor. I loved the grilled cheese with bacon and Granny Smith apples and soon had the others in my room eating it. The Potomac was perfect because after being at the convention center all day it was a great place to end the day with a quick bite and on to your room. This hotel is showing signs of wear and tear so it looks old. The staff members friendliness is why I gave it the four rating because its not a three but not quite a full four either. I would stay here again because its close to the metro and that underground mall across the street.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Orange Park, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This property is convenient for business at the north end of Crystal City, and reasonably convenient to the Crystal City Metro station. If you are arriving at the airport, be sure to use the hotel shuttle, not Metro to get there. The rooms are clean and comfortable, but the bathroom is smaller than it should be for a Crowne Plaza. The front desk staff was helpful and efficient.

The public areas of the hotel are where it's showing the property's age and need for some updating. The carpets in the hallways need cleaning or replacement. The bar could use an update and a general freshening with more light.

In general, this is just an average hotel with no outrageous problems, but also nothing at all special.

Parking is $21/night, so take a roll of quarters and park at a meter if you're just staying one night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
CPNationalAirport, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Nick:

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback; we rely on guest reviews like yours to help us identify the areas in which our hotel could use improvement. We are, however, sincerely sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your stay.

I am sorry to hear you were surprised by our $21 per day parking rate. We do include this information on our confirmation letters, on our website, and so on. Still, I will certainly speak to our reservations department to ensure they have the proper information. They should provide such information when the reservation is made.

I would also like to apologize for the difficulties you experienced getting sufficient bathroom supplies and having your room cleaned. This is inexcusable, and I will speak to our housekeeping managers and front desk staff right away, to ensure this does not happen again.

We do hope you will give our hotel and Crowne Plaza hotels in general another chance to impress you. We can do better, and hope you will give us the opportunity to prove it. If you would like any assistance settings up a reservation please don’t hesitate to contact me at (703) 416-1600 or at libby.vertz@bfsaul.com.

Most sincere apologies,

Libby Vertz
Guest Relations
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the airport mid afternoon on a Sunday and I called the front desk to find the best way to get to the hotel. The clerk offered to come and pick us up, and the van showed up within about 15 minutes. We had requested a handicap accessible room since my wife uses a wheelchair. The room assigned had a double bed which is much smaller than we are used to. When I mentioned this to the bellman he took me back to the front desk an we got a room with a king size bed that was still adequate for our needs. A young man named Stephan in the restaurant took the time to get to know us, tell us about the area, give us remedial training on public transportation in D.C. (he also got us a couple of club sandwiches when we got back late one night). We used the Metro for sightseeing trips and you can get any where you want to go for less than $5.
The maids worked around our schedule and all of the service that we received was top notch. Lots of restaurants and shopping in Crystal City, the Pentagon City mall is one stop away on the metro and there is easy access to Long Bridge Park for evening strolls or to watch pick up soccer and fleetball games. Starbucks on the premises is a definite plus. There is a little Turkish place in the park with the waterfall fountain that has great baklava.
There was a nice sized TV with HDMI inputs. Since my wife was staying in the room a lot while I was at a conference I brought our Roku box but I could not get it to work because the WIFI requires a password after the connection is established. There is an Ethernet connection but I would have to have have my own router to make it work. There may be a way to share from a laptop but I couldn't figure it out. The WIFI signal was pretty weak so we had trouble watching streaming video anyway.
I took cabs anytime I was short on time and you can get anywhere in the DC area for about $20. Everyone that we encountered on the trip was polite and helpful. I never felt that we were in an unsafe situation and we went to all of the tourist spots and walked the neighborhoods whenever we had a chance.
The pool was nice and has one of those devices to lower handicapped people into the water.
The staff definitely make this rating. There are lots of nice places to stay but the level of service really brings this place to the top.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza for the Casper Aviation Platoon reunion. The room was very clean and quiet (even though we were pretty close to the elevator). The beds were very comfortable. Everyone we came in contact with from the shuttle driver to the waitresses to the front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. Our flight out was a very late flight and they were more than willing to give us an extra late checkout. There are many great eating places well within walking distance and the metro station is just a short walk. We did have a special rate due to the reunion but we would recommend this hotel to any of our family or friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Winchester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Chose this place because I was attending a training session at 1550 Crystal Drive - it is directly across the street(s) from that address, although the hotel actually faces the other direction. It's a perfectly fine business hotel. The hotel has a free airport shuttle (something that was not immediately obvious to me from the website). Nice enough restaurant for breakfast and lunch (breakfast buffet but no omelet bar). I can see staying here for touring Washington if you can get a good rate. There is an underground mall across the street that takes you to the Metro (or you could walk above ground).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Stockbridge, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We booked this hotel with a group. It was average and on the mark price wise for what we paid. If we had paid the premium price it would have been overpriced. It was your average hotel room that you would get at Hampton or Comfort Inn. Without the breakfast included in the price. The door man was a bit grumpy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CPNationalAirport, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Sarah B:

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We are glad to hear you were more or less satisfied with your stay at out hotel. However, we do wish we had left you more impressed.

Our rates are normally quite comparable to the other hotels in our area; but we like to think that the outstanding service and amenities we offer make these rates always worth paying. We are sorry to hear you feel differently. I will pass your concerns regarding our policy not to include breakfast with every reservation to our management, as well as your concerns regarding the service you received from our doorman.

I would like to mention to you one of the advantages of becoming an IHG Rewards (formally the Priority Club) member. Once a guest, like yourself, has stayed with us for five nights as a member, they do in fact receive one complimentary breakfast per day. We do hope you will give our hotel staff a second chance to impress you.

If you do choose to stay with us in the future, please don’t hesitate to contact me for personal assistance setting up a reservation. I can be reached at (703) 416-1600 or by email at libby.vertz@bfsaul.com.

Best,

Libby Vertz
Guest Relations

Been to Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport? Share your experiences!