We arrived at the airport mid afternoon on a Sunday and I called the front desk to find the best way to get to the hotel. The clerk offered to come and pick us up, and the van showed up within about 15 minutes. We had requested a handicap accessible room since my wife uses a wheelchair. The room assigned had a double bed which is much smaller than we are used to. When I mentioned this to the bellman he took me back to the front desk an we got a room with a king size bed that was still adequate for our needs. A young man named Stephan in the restaurant took the time to get to know us, tell us about the area, give us remedial training on public transportation in D.C. (he also got us a couple of club sandwiches when we got back late one night). We used the Metro for sightseeing trips and you can get any where you want to go for less than $5.
The maids worked around our schedule and all of the service that we received was top notch. Lots of restaurants and shopping in Crystal City, the Pentagon City mall is one stop away on the metro and there is easy access to Long Bridge Park for evening strolls or to watch pick up soccer and fleetball games. Starbucks on the premises is a definite plus. There is a little Turkish place in the park with the waterfall fountain that has great baklava.
There was a nice sized TV with HDMI inputs. Since my wife was staying in the room a lot while I was at a conference I brought our Roku box but I could not get it to work because the WIFI requires a password after the connection is established. There is an Ethernet connection but I would have to have have my own router to make it work. There may be a way to share from a laptop but I couldn't figure it out. The WIFI signal was pretty weak so we had trouble watching streaming video anyway.
I took cabs anytime I was short on time and you can get anywhere in the DC area for about $20. Everyone that we encountered on the trip was polite and helpful. I never felt that we were in an unsafe situation and we went to all of the tourist spots and walked the neighborhoods whenever we had a chance.
The pool was nice and has one of those devices to lower handicapped people into the water.
The staff definitely make this rating. There are lots of nice places to stay but the level of service really brings this place to the top.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport Hotel Arlington
- Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Arlington
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Arlington
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza National Airport Hotel in Arlington, Virginia is a first class, full service hotel located in the heart of Crystal City. Only moments away from the Nation s Capitol and the Pentagon, we are less than one mile from Reagan National Airport. Located within minutes of Washington, DC agencies and attractions, the Crowne Plaza has been newly upgraded offering the Sleep Advantage Program for your additional comfort. With you in mind, each guest room offers plush duvet covers with 7 pillows, upgraded linen and mattress toppers. The Crowne Plaza National Airport Hotel is close to companies and agencies such as US Airways, IBM, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, National Guard , and many more. We specialize in government travelers offering per diem rates. Stay connected with our free Wireless High Speed Internet Access in our public areas and 24 Hour business center. Maintain your exercise regimen in our 24 Hour Fitness Center. The Crystal City Metro Station is one block away with Historic Old Town Alexandria only two miles. We boast five meeting rooms plus an array of business class amenities. We take pride in providing exemplary customer service and will take care of your every need. Come to the Crowne Plaza National Airport Hotel, The Place To Meet! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.