“Very nice for our week long trip.” 5 of 5 stars

Save 20%
Ranked #21 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersGold level
Orlando, FL
“Very nice for our week long trip.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

From the shuttle pick up to the shuttle drop off, I can say there were only a couple of hitches.
We bought the package from Hotwire which included airfare and hotel for 6 days.
We traveled to Washington D.C. with my 14 year old son and met my brother and his family from Indiana. We requested 2 rooms adjoining. Libby at the front desk went out of her way to make sure this happened. It was an important part of the trip because it makes the rooms feel more spacious, a trick we learned years ago. The great part was the Starbucks on the 2nd floor. Not being big breakfast eaters, it was perfect, especially the wake up coffee. Just which that is was open longer in the evening.
The only hitch was my brother found out on the last day that they had the wrong amount of people listed in his room which caused him to call for more towels everyday. The breakfast is NOT included ind the price of all rooms, so double check what type of room package that you buy.
The flat screen is adequate, HD signal for most local channels, but SD for most of the other channels. They DID carry Foxnews, on channel 43.
The full bed was a downer when you are used to a queen bed. It was a very comfortable though.
The shops across the street at the Crystal City Shops was convenient. Especially since it was on the way to the Metro, about a block away.
Read more from me about the restaurants in the area in more reviews from me.

Overall, very nice!

Room Tip: They do have adjoining rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CPNationalAirport, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear RonKG:

Thank you for leaving your feedback on your stay at the Crowne Plaza National Airport. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Our staff strives to provide guests only the best in customer service and amenities; and we are always glad to hear when a guest comes away satisfied. (And on a personal note, thank you for the mention! I was happy to help you out.)

We are also happy to hear you were able to stop by our on-site Starbucks and explore the local shops in our area. Our convenient location, just minutes from the metro, a variety of shops and restaurants, and Reagan National Airport, is one of our hotel’s greatest assets. And it always makes us happy to hear that a guest has been able to get to know Crystal City and Washington, DC while staying with us.

Still, I would like to apologize for the error in number of guests on your brother’s reservation. We always want to accommodate our guests the best we can, and I am sorry a mistake was made. I will inform our front desk staff of the issue, so such an error can be avoided in the future.

We do hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future, should your travels bring you back to the Washington, DC area. If you would like any assistance in setting up a reservation, please feel free to contact me. I can be reached by phone at (703) 416-1600 or by email at libby.vertz@bfsaulco.com.
All the best,

Libby Vertz
Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

With the professionalism of Libby at the front desk and the friendliness of all the staff, this stay was amazing. I'm here from Cleveland for vacation and everyone is wonderful. I found out i'm a platinum member and got a free drink and breakfast which rocks!! The woman in the restaurant/bar was great! I didn't catch her name but she smiled a lot :)

I would stay here again if i'm back in DC! Thank you staff for making my stay memorable!

• Stayed June 2013
Grand Rapids, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was visited for a Memorial Day weekend vacation. Was a little tough to find because of the area construction. Call and have them pick you up instead of taking the metro. Hotel is very close to the metro but I would suggest not doing the walk with your luggage.

Room was clean and the temperature was always comfortable. Bathroom had the previous guest's razor in the shower but otherwise no cleanliness problems.
We had an issue getting NBC to work one night (after 10 pm) and they actually sent someone up within 2 minutes to fix the problem.

On our second to last day they forgot to replace towels and glasses when they removed the dirty ones. Called when we for in at night and they sent some right up.

Service was always top notch and all problems were minor.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ramsgate, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was there for five days, ate at the restaurant every day and had an amazing time - they sorted me a taxi, I could use the business centre and the room was clean and tidy.

I would return there is I attended the FOSE conference again though I would travel on buses and metro next time ($75 for a taxi - same price com

Thanks Mike!

Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for his business trip. We arrived and check in was breeze. We asked for an upgrade and they put us in a nice room on the 12th floor. We got to our and it was very clean. There was two chocolates waiting for us. I was very impressed for a hotel airport. The room has a little refrigerator with two bottled waters. The view wasn't bad either. I can't really say anything bad about the room it was very nice, clean and the pillows were very comfortable. We had a drink in the hotel bar and grill (Potomac bar and grill). I highly recommend the white chocolate martini. The service in the bar was very excellent. The food and drinks were priced very reasonable. When I got back to Arlington, Va I will definitely stay there. The Crystal shops are near by to look around, plenty of restaurants near by. The metro to DC is walking distance. All and All excellent stay. I got free airport shuttle service to the airport. The staff were all polite and nice. They offer a buffet breakfast for purchase at the mezzanine level of the hotel. I didn't get a chance to go but it looked very yummy. There is a Starbucks as well. The work out room is little but good machines. The only compliant I have is there is a lot of construction going right near the front door across from the hotel so that's the only thing that got a little loud. Our housekeeper got me a new robe when she cleaned our room.

Glendive, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This was my first visit to DC as an adult. I was there for a conference which was in the hotel. I was pleasantly surprised to be greeted with a welcoming smile upon entering the hotel. I would have liked to have been given more information about the hotel ex;restaurant, fitness room, pool,Starbucks! However, this information is included in a notebook inside the room. I found the room with 2 double beds to be spacious and very clean. I was disappointed that although the weather was definitely "pool worthy" the pool was not "open" until Memorial Day weekend (about 5 days from my last day of stay). I did have a mishap with my door malfunctioning twice in one day. The maintainence worker was very pleasant and attempted to fix the problem by changing the batteries in the door. This appeared to solve the problem until I left the room the next time and again was unable to get in. In the end, a whole new locking mechanism was placed and I had no troubles with it afterwards. I appreciated the close (5 min walking) proximity to Crystal City and the variety of shopping and restaurants available there. The bed was outstanding in comfort and 4 pillows all to myself=heaven. The shuttle to the Reagan airport takes just minutes and is another valuable service.

Room Tip: My room was at the end of a hallway and I had no difficulty sleeping due to noise.
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

A short walk to the Crystal City shopping area and Metro stop make this hotel a better choice than many. The restaurant was average but the hour were good for me when I got in late. Like others have indicated, the room was average, but clean.

The staff was very helpful.

Room Tip: When you get off at the Metro stop, look for signs that point to 15th. When you exit, veer to the le...
Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Stan E,

Thank you so much for choosing us as your preferred accommodation and for taking the time to share your nice comments after your recent visit with us.

It was real pleasure to learn that your stay with us was such a pleasant one. Your opinion, as every single guest, is very important to us and serves us as an advise, reward and motivation for the future.

Once again, thank you for your kind words and we hope to have another opportunity to be of service to you again.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport? Share your experiences!