“Brilliant hotel, staff were amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #16 of 47 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersGold level
Ramsgate, England, United Kingdom
“Brilliant hotel, staff were amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was there for five days, ate at the restaurant every day and had an amazing time - they sorted me a taxi, I could use the business centre and the room was clean and tidy.

I would return there is I attended the FOSE conference again though I would travel on buses and metro next time ($75 for a taxi - same price com

Thanks Mike!

256 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for his business trip. We arrived and check in was breeze. We asked for an upgrade and they put us in a nice room on the 12th floor. We got to our and it was very clean. There was two chocolates waiting for us. I was very impressed for a hotel airport. The room has a little refrigerator with two bottled waters. The view wasn't bad either. I can't really say anything bad about the room it was very nice, clean and the pillows were very comfortable. We had a drink in the hotel bar and grill (Potomac bar and grill). I highly recommend the white chocolate martini. The service in the bar was very excellent. The food and drinks were priced very reasonable. When I got back to Arlington, Va I will definitely stay there. The Crystal shops are near by to look around, plenty of restaurants near by. The metro to DC is walking distance. All and All excellent stay. I got free airport shuttle service to the airport. The staff were all polite and nice. They offer a buffet breakfast for purchase at the mezzanine level of the hotel. I didn't get a chance to go but it looked very yummy. There is a Starbucks as well. The work out room is little but good machines. The only compliant I have is there is a lot of construction going right near the front door across from the hotel so that's the only thing that got a little loud. Our housekeeper got me a new robe when she cleaned our room.

Glendive, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This was my first visit to DC as an adult. I was there for a conference which was in the hotel. I was pleasantly surprised to be greeted with a welcoming smile upon entering the hotel. I would have liked to have been given more information about the hotel ex;restaurant, fitness room, pool,Starbucks! However, this information is included in a notebook inside the room. I found the room with 2 double beds to be spacious and very clean. I was disappointed that although the weather was definitely "pool worthy" the pool was not "open" until Memorial Day weekend (about 5 days from my last day of stay). I did have a mishap with my door malfunctioning twice in one day. The maintainence worker was very pleasant and attempted to fix the problem by changing the batteries in the door. This appeared to solve the problem until I left the room the next time and again was unable to get in. In the end, a whole new locking mechanism was placed and I had no troubles with it afterwards. I appreciated the close (5 min walking) proximity to Crystal City and the variety of shopping and restaurants available there. The bed was outstanding in comfort and 4 pillows all to myself=heaven. The shuttle to the Reagan airport takes just minutes and is another valuable service.

Room Tip: My room was at the end of a hallway and I had no difficulty sleeping due to noise.
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

A short walk to the Crystal City shopping area and Metro stop make this hotel a better choice than many. The restaurant was average but the hour were good for me when I got in late. Like others have indicated, the room was average, but clean.

The staff was very helpful.

Room Tip: When you get off at the Metro stop, look for signs that point to 15th. When you exit, veer to the le...
Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Stan E,

Thank you so much for choosing us as your preferred accommodation and for taking the time to share your nice comments after your recent visit with us.

It was real pleasure to learn that your stay with us was such a pleasant one. Your opinion, as every single guest, is very important to us and serves us as an advise, reward and motivation for the future.

Once again, thank you for your kind words and we hope to have another opportunity to be of service to you again.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I found this hotel through Hotwire (or better, it found me, since I booked blindly), and I was very pleasantly surprised for the price-point. The room was spacious, good bed, well appointed, and quiet. The pool hadn't opened yet, the exercise room was fine though not spectacular, and the location was good enough. I wasn't using it as an airport hotel per se, but it works as a hotel for a stay in Washington DC, since the metro is quite close and the ride into the city is not very long.
For a 4-star property, I felt the amenities were a little lack-luster, which is why I won't give it 5 points. I was also unfortunate enough to be woken up by housekeeping when I had put the Do Not Disturb tag on the door (and it was my day of check-out, so clearly, somebody miscommunicated), but such things happen, i guess.
All that said, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: They have construction going on across the way, so I would ask to face away from the construction
Union, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The hotel lobby is nice and updated but rooms could use a facelift.
Staff were friendly and helpful. There is a full service Starbucks on the 2nd floor of the hotel property which is an added plus!
The location is convenient to both Reagan National Airport and shopping/restaurants. The metro (Crystal City station) is nearby and connects to major parts of DC. The Fashion Mall is about a 15 min walk away or a five minute ride on Metro (1 stop away).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CPNationalAirport, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Armymanny:

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your stay with us. We appreciate your help in identifying ways in which we can improve our hotel.

We are very glad to hear you were happy with the service you received at the Crowne Plaza National Airport. We pride ourselves on offering guests service that goes above and beyond – and we are always happy to hear when we are succeeding.

We are also happy to hear you enjoyed our central location, just minutes from Reagan National Airport, as well as numerous shops, restaurants, attractions, and public transportation options.

And while we are delighted to hear you like our lobby’s new look, I will pass on your comments regarding room conditions to management for reference. We want to offer guests the most fresh, up-to-date amenities whenever possible.

We hope to see you back again soon at the Crowne Plaza National Airport. If you would like any assistance setting up a future reservation, please feel free to contact me personally, at (703) 416-1600 or by email at libby.vertz@bfsaul.com.

Best,

Libby Vertz
Guest Relations
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have been here before. The hotel offers complimentary shuttle bus service to DCA Ronald Reagan National airport. The hotel is also within walking distance to the Crystal City Metro, which is another reason why I selected this hotel.

At the time I visited all hotel costs were at record high prices. The Crowne Plaza charged me $275 or $302 with taxes, which is rather expensive for this hotel. But it comes down to supply and demand. Bottom line I needed a hotel room for only one night and all other hotels were for more money.

My room 704 on the 7th floor was at the end of the hall way, which is what I prefer (highest floor away from elevator). Check out my pics of my room and the hotel. Being a member of the Priority Club I received complimentary full buffet breakfast, which was quite nice. I also received a complimentary cocktail, which I did not have time to use during my stay.

Bottom line is I like this hotel and would return if given a chance.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Tony J,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Rewards member and for writing us a review. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport? Share your experiences!